PDA

View Full Version : Pet goat taken on drunken joyride

Steve Vale
08-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Try to keep the cheapshots at E4L's relatives at a minimum please :lol:

I guess there's nothing else to do in the Welsh countryside?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/south_west/4777127.stm?ls

A man drank 12 pints of cider at a party before stealing a pet goat and taking it for a ride in a stolen car, magistrates in Neath have been told.

Carl Myles, 20, of Trallwn, Swansea, untethered the animal and bundled it into the back of a farmer's Volvo before taking to the wheel.

He was given a two-year ban and told to carry out 120 hours unpaid work after admitting aggravated vehicle taking.

Snowy the goat died two days after her ordeal, her owner has revealed.

Appearing in court last Friday, Myles said he could not remember anything about the incident on 4 July - apart from having his face pushed down in the mud when he was caught.

Magistrates were told that Myles has spotted Snowy the goat as he walked past a smallholding in Skewen, near Swansea.

He untethered the goat's rope and led him off moments before breaking into the car and bundling the startled animal into the back seat.

But the car's owner farmer Huw Leyshon, who lives nearby, heard it being driven off and blocked the lane with a tractor.

Prosecutor Hayley Fackrell said: "Myles then reversed the car in panic and hit Mr Leyshon's tractor.

"The farmer pulled Myles out of the car - then looked into the back seat and was surprised to see a large white goat."

Defending, Huw Davies asked: "Did you know you had a goat with you and did you have any intention of driving the vehicle on the road?" Myles replied: "No."

District Judge Richard Williams told Myles: "It seems to me you did this purely out of immense stupidity."

After the court case, farmer Huw Leyshon, whom Myles was ordered to pay almost 1,400 in compensation, said it was one of the most bizarre things he had ever seen.

"While I had him pinned down I looked in the back of the car in case he had anyone with him and there was a big goat lying down on the back seat," he said.

"We've got a little goat ourselves but this was a big white thing on the end of a long rope about 50m long.

"I thought it was me who was drunk, I thought I was seeing things. I couldn't believe it."

On Wednesday, Snowy the goat's owner Terry Batt, the superintendent at Skewen Park, said he thought the animal would have been very frightened.

Snowy was his seven-year-old granddaughter's pet and she was "quite upset", he said.

eskimojones
08-12-2006, 05:37 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bceskiesfan
08-12-2006, 05:40 PM
LMAO!

I like this quote from the judge..

District Judge Richard Williams told Myles: "It seems to me you did this purely out of immense stupidity."

Solar Max
08-12-2006, 06:31 PM
I understand that at the time, he and the Goat were just friends.

Nanookster
08-12-2006, 06:57 PM
This was one or both of the Esk4Guys wasn't it?

Steve Vale
08-12-2006, 08:39 PM
I guess that this article belongs in this thread
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/03/18/backpage/3_17_0522_06_23.txt

Drunk Beaver found with stolen Ram from gay sheep project

By: Associated Press

CORVALLIS, Ore. -- An Oregon State football had a stolen sheep in the bed of his pickup when he was pulled over for speeding last week, Benton County authorities said.

Defensive tackle Ben Siegert, 20, was charged with driving under the influence of intoxicants after failing field sobriety tests. Ninety minutes after being pulled over, the 280-pound Siegert registered a .14 percent blood-alcohol content on a breath analyzer at the Benton County Jail, according to the sheriff's office. Oregon considers drivers with a .08 percent blood alcohol content to be drunk.

Siegert told the (Corvallis) Gazette-Times that he had nothing to do with the stolen ram.

"I don't know anything about that," he said. "I'm from a city. I don't know anything about sheep."

Benton County Undersheriff Diana Simpson disagreed, saying Siegert might have been "too intoxicated to remember."

Also in the pickup were former Oregon State football player Brent Charles Bridges, 22, and Whitney Susan Rodgers, 19, of Glendale, Ariz.

The 200-pound ram lives at the university's Sheep Center, and is part of a study on homosexuality in sheep, said Sheep Center manager Tom Nichols.

"We have at least one prank a year where we have to go to a dormitory or a sorority house and pick up a ram or a lamb or a ewe," Nichols said. "It's one of those springtime pranks."

The deputy chose not to arrest anybody for taking the sheep.

Coach Mike Riley is still evaluating Siegert's situation, said Steve Fenk, the Oregon State sports information director.

"At this point they're just going to deal with it internally," Fenk said. "I don't know if it's going to affect spring practice."

Siegert, a sophomore from Glendale, is a two-year starter at defensive tackle. He made the Pac-10 all-freshman team in 2003.

The football team has had several brushes with the law in recent months.

Joe Rudulph was suspended in November after he was arrested for allegedly punching a National Guard soldier during a bar fight. Anthony Wheat-Brown, Whitfield Usher and Ryan Rainwater also were suspended for their involvement in the incident.

Bridges, Siegert's passenger, was suspended in November after his alleged involvement in an assault. Moreover, Bridges and former player Seth Lacey were issued citations for disorderly conduct in December following an investigation into a March 2004 bar fight.

Reserve freshman Bryan Payton was sent home from the Insight Bowl in Phoenix after Riley learned of a Dec. 21 altercation in which the player was involved.

Star Paddock and Jim Tavis Walker were arrested last month after they allegedly offered to pay their cab fare with marijuana and then stiffed the driver altogether.

Siegert was cited to appear March 31 in Benton County Circuit Court on the DUII charge.

Solar Max
08-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Now...that is just wrong. Defensive Tackles and Sheep. Especially drunk sheep. And beavers.

Waitaminute...is this Riderfans.com?

bceskiesfan
08-13-2006, 12:31 AM
I'm willing to bet that E4L won't touch this thread with a ten foot pole...

Sgt. Nuke
08-13-2006, 01:51 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

Sheep homosexuality project? Please tell me that's not government funded...

Sgt. Nuke
08-13-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm willing to bet that E4L won't touch this thread with a ten foot pole...

I'm willing to bet he's en route to Corvallis this very minute. :D

Steve Vale
08-13-2006, 02:18 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

Sheep homosexuality project? Please tell me that's not government funded...
I could see it plausibly though...Sponsored by the Dept of Agriculture - as it would obviously affect farmers herd breeding abilities... :rolleyes:

Esks4ever
08-13-2006, 11:35 AM
This was one or both of the Esk4Guys wasn't it?

ESKS 4 LIFE

seriously how hard is to Distinguish between us :p

Esks4ever
08-13-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm willing to bet he's en route to Corvallis this very minute. :D

he's prolly looking it up on mapquest.com as we speak :p

esks4life
08-13-2006, 11:51 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/esks4life/bush.jpg