PDA

View Full Version : Someone explain this site to me.....HELP

Nanookster
08-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Changes were made either to this site or here in Cool Pool. I have trouble with the site from work.

While at work I can post threads by starting them.

The only way I can read threads is if someone leave me rep. In threads that I have been given rep I can read that thread.

I can also read threads that are long in nature and have "last page" displayed. If I click on last page I can read the thread (but only that page). If I click on page number I can't read the thread. If I click the thread title I can't read the thread.

As mentioned I can only read a thread by the "last page" method or through reading rep comments.

Do any of you techno wienies know a fix for this?

Remember, the only way I can read replies is if you rep me. So rep me (post whoring at its best). :) And not neg please. :)

P.S. - I can also PM back and forth.

I do have one option at work, we have a standard internet machine but it is behind two security coded doors, is super slow, has zero privacy, and thus is not an option.

Angelus
08-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Why can't you view it normally? what happens? error messages?

Shawn10
08-17-2006, 03:27 PM
haha, he cant reply back in this thread.

earl2
08-17-2006, 04:57 PM
The only way I can read threads is if someone leave me rep

I'm betting that doesn't leave alot left to read... :lol: :D

Opus
08-17-2006, 05:15 PM
so.......if we keep all threads to one page......................:flame:

Angelus
08-17-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm betting that doesn't leave alot left to read... :lol: :DSure it does. Neg rep counts too.

glenvb
08-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Hey, if nobody reps Nanookster, then we can say whatever we want about him and he'll never see it!

Seriously though, I've sometimes had trouble with certain features of the site too. I can't pull down menus anymore in Firefox. It suddenly stopped working one day, then started working again two months later, then last week stopped working again.

Everything works fine in IE though. I blame it on a Microsoft conspiracy.

bceskiesfan
08-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey, if nobody reps Nanookster, then we can say whatever we want about him and he'll never see it!

Seriously though, I've sometimes had trouble with certain features of the site too. I can't pull down menus anymore in Firefox. It suddenly stopped working one day, then started working again two months later, then last week stopped working again.

Everything works fine in IE though. I blame it on a Microsoft conspiracy.

When in doubt, always blame Microsoft! :D

Nanookster
08-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Why can't you view it normally? what happens? error messages?

White screen with done at the bottom.

Esks4ever
08-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Someone explain this site to me.....HELP

its a ****ed up place, with ****ed up people .. its home.. and I love it :D