Opus...the 'Zags are in. :thup: :thup:

Nanook99
03-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Go DUKE!!! Down with the Tar Heels!!!
N99

GREYx14
03-14-2007, 01:20 PM
The 'Zags are in.

Gonzaga calling themselves the 'zags has always bugged me. If we followed their logic, the U. of Alberta would be the 'berts which is wrong on at least a couple of levels. (HINT: Think Sesame St. or Steve Moore)

It probably won't happen but I'd like to see the Tennessee Volunteers go a long way because they may just be the most entertaining team in the whole field.

gizmo fan 2
03-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Gonzaga calling themselves the 'zags has always bugged me. If we followed their logic, the U. of Alberta would be the 'berts which is wrong on at least a couple of levels. (HINT: Think Sesame St. or Steve Moore)

It probably won't happen but I'd like to see the Tennessee Volunteers go a long way because they may just be the most entertaining team in the whole field.

I don't mind it, as it makes them unique; "Bulldogs" isn't exactly the most original name out there. Because the Bears and Pandas have unique (and different) names in CIS, it's not an issue for UA at all.

gizmo fan 2
03-16-2007, 02:17 AM
Go DUKE!!! Down with the Tar Heels!!!
N99

Who the heck is Virginia Commonwealth? :confused: :D

WTG, VCU! :banana: :thup:

Numberz
03-16-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm cheering for Texas

Uncle Bobby
03-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Who the heck is Virginia Commonwealth? :confused: :D
This is why I love this tourney!

Nanook99
03-16-2007, 09:21 AM
I am now officially sad.
:(
Go anyone other than NC!
N99

gizmo fan 2
03-16-2007, 04:41 PM
And the 'Zags lose too. :(

gizmo fan 2
03-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Anyone else see the gem between Ohio State/Tennessee tonight? Great game...apparently OSU was down TWENTY at one point, fought back, and it was great back-and-forth basketball for the last 8 mins or so. 3's from everywhere, some nice drives, and Oden blocks a Tennessee guy on a last-second shot to end it. OSU wins by one. Wow. :thup:

Andrew
03-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Anyone else see the gem between Ohio State/Tennessee tonight? Great game...apparently OSU was down TWENTY at one point, fought back, and it was great back-and-forth basketball for the last 8 mins or so. 3's from everywhere, some nice drives, and Oden blocks a Tennessee guy on a last-second shot to end it. OSU wins by one. Wow. :thup:
Best game this year without a doubt. It was twenty until OSU got a hoop and 1 with .3 in the 1st half, that gave them much needed momentum going into the 2nd half.

Numberz
03-23-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm on the UCLA bandwagon now...

Opus
03-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Anyone else see the gem between Ohio State/Tennessee tonight? Great game...apparently OSU was down TWENTY at one point, fought back, and it was great back-and-forth basketball for the last 8 mins or so. 3's from everywhere, some nice drives, and Oden blocks a Tennessee guy on a last-second shot to end it. OSU wins by one. Wow. :thup:Oden blocked the shot, but the guy was mugged going to take the shot as it was.......he should have spent the end of the game at the line.....

Southern Illinois got jobbed by the officials as well late on a non-call charge.....

Andrew
03-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Oden blocked the shot, but the guy was mugged going to take the shot as it was.......he should have spent the end of the game at the line.....

Southern Illinois got jobbed by the officials as well late on a non-call charge.....
No way. The defence was fine.

Opus
03-23-2007, 01:59 PM
there was a reason the guy was falling as he got the shot off, there was a body draped all over him from the moment he crossed over the 3 pt line.....

gizmo fan 2
03-23-2007, 02:06 PM
there was a reason the guy was falling as he got the shot off, there was a body draped all over him from the moment he crossed over the 3 pt line.....

I remember seeing that replay...I could see why they didn't call it (especially with the way they were generally calling the game IIRC), as there wasn't THAT much contact...but I could also see a case for a call, too. I thought it would've been a call at first, but the replay changed my mind.

Opus
03-23-2007, 02:43 PM
I remember seeing that replay...I could see why they didn't call it (especially with the way they were generally calling the game IIRC), as there wasn't THAT much contact...but I could also see a case for a call, too. I thought it would've been a call at first, but the replay changed my mind.there was easily as much contact as what sent Oden to the line for the go ahead points.....the shooter can lean in on the defender, not the other way around.....

Numberz
03-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Ohio St and Florida in the Final, a repeat of the football championship game....should be a good one. I'm going with Florida again.

gizmo fan 2
03-31-2007, 10:52 PM
The Oden-Noah matchup should be an interesting one. :thup:

Numberz
04-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Good on the Gators! :thup:

Opus
04-03-2007, 08:46 AM
160 bucks :thup:

woooot!

MoneyGuy
04-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Disappointing game last night. I never felt that Ohio was ever really in it.

Not as bad as Korea against Canada in curling, but I think Florida was playing with them.

GREYx14
04-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Did anyone else notice how many times Billy Packer repeated himself (mostly about things that the teams weren't doing) during CBS' broadcast?