PDA

View Full Version : Modano Hits 500

Spectacle
03-14-2007, 09:27 AM
and is 2 goals away from the record for American-Born players.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/dallyally/mikey50005.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/dallyally/mikey50002.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/dallyally/mikey50001.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/dallyally/mikey50009.jpg

Yeah, I know none of you care. :lol:

I'm just excited. He'd get more credit for his abilities if he were Canadian and not on a team that people hate, IMO. Maybe now some people can at least give him *some* credit.

esks4life
03-14-2007, 09:29 AM
whoopee...:p

Esks4ever
03-14-2007, 09:35 AM
WHHHHHHHOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEE :rolleyes:

He is soo gay.

Spectacle
03-14-2007, 09:40 AM
WHHHHHHHOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEE :rolleyes:

He is soo gay.

I think most guys are jealous of him.

After all, I hear more guys comment on his looks than I do girls. And HE'S the one thats supposed to be gay???? :D ;)

esks4life
03-14-2007, 09:43 AM
It's that pouty bottom lip. Goalies get weak in the knees and let him score.

Esks4ever
03-14-2007, 09:44 AM
I think most guys are jealous of him.

After all, I hear more guys comment on his looks than I do girls. And HE'S the one thats supposed to be gay???? :D ;)

What do you expect from people at Gay bars ? of course they'll complement him. :p

Spectacle
03-14-2007, 09:55 AM
What do you expect from people at Gay bars ? of course they'll complement him. :p

It's that pouty bottom lip. Goalies get weak in the knees and let him score.

I'm not sayin'..... I'm just sayin....

Esks4ever
03-14-2007, 09:57 AM
well we all know E4L is a little "fruity" :p

Numberz
03-14-2007, 09:59 AM
There have been many odd remarks about E4L's sexual preference, but this is new.

Esks4ever
03-14-2007, 10:00 AM
There have been many odd remarks about E4L's sexual preference, but this is new.

oh no , no its not...

esks4life
03-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Lock up your women, men, kids, babies, pets and inanimate objects. I do it all.

Esks4ever
03-14-2007, 10:11 AM
:lol:

Beerfish
03-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Very good player, was an Oiler killer for a number of years.

Though not great at the time I still say one of the funniest things in hockey was Modano strapped to a stretcher and being loaded into the ambulance and the ambulance attendants dropping him.

(Obviously it wasn't funny him being hurt but the drop bit was very Homer Simpson falling out of amulance esque)

Esks4ever
03-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Though not great at the time I still say one of the funniest things in hockey was Modano strapped to a stretcher and being loaded into the ambulance and the ambulance attendants dropping him

:lol: I forgot about that - till now :thup: ( for the drop not the injury)

Delorean
03-14-2007, 10:25 AM
:rofl:

I was waiting for the ambulance to hit a support beam and Modano roll out the back into oncoming traffic or something :lol:

Esks4ever
03-14-2007, 10:28 AM
:rofl:

I was waiting for the ambulance to hit a support beam and Modano roll out the back into oncoming traffic or something :lol:

they forget to shut the back doors ,and he tolls out of the back, after they hit the gas., rolls out onto the ice, takes a slapper in the chickets , makeing him lose his teeth in the process, and some 240pound D man bodychecks him into the boards :p

Deathsdoorstep
03-14-2007, 10:29 AM
I hate Modano because he's so good and has burned the Oilers a lot. But I respect the guy. Good for him.

Spectacle
03-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Very good player, was an Oiler killer for a number of years.

Though not great at the time I still say one of the funniest things in hockey was Modano strapped to a stretcher and being loaded into the ambulance and the ambulance attendants dropping him.

(Obviously it wasn't funny him being hurt but the drop bit was very Homer Simpson falling out of amulance esque)

Bah! I remember that. I still get bugged about that. Friggen Messier getting his elbow up on Modano. And, as my mom says, "Something like that would only happen to Modano".

I hate Modano because he's so good and has burned the Oilers a lot. But I respect the guy. Good for him.

Thats the kind of sports attitude that I love!! :thup:

Adam.R
03-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Bah! I remember that. I still get bugged about that. Friggen Messier getting his elbow up on Modano. And, as my mom says, "Something like that would only happen to Modano". :)..:lol:

Spectacle
03-15-2007, 10:44 AM
My mom is a fan of Modano, but is convinced he has the worst luck out of anyone.

Delorean
03-15-2007, 10:46 AM
My mom is a fan of Modano, but is convinced he has the worst luck out of anyone.

Tell that to Brett Lindros!

Beerfish
03-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Bah! I remember that. I still get bugged about that. Friggen Messier getting his elbow up on Modano. And, as my mom says, "Something like that would only happen to Modano".

Thats the kind of sports attitude that I love!! :thup:
Actually it was ruslan Salei who pushed him from behind into the boards on a ery cheap play, sulei was suspended for it.

Spectacle
03-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Actually it was ruslan Salei who pushed him from behind into the boards on a ery cheap play, sulei was suspended for it.

I could have sworn Messier was involved in that. Ah well.

Red-Step-Child
03-15-2007, 11:15 AM
I am not a fan of modano after what he and his american teammates did to the olympic village after they were nocked out in 98. it screamed of spoiled brats, ans poor sportsmanship. :thumdn:

Spectacle
03-15-2007, 11:17 AM
I am not a fan of modano after what he and his american teammates did to the olympic village after they were nocked out in 98. it screamed of spoiled brats, ans poor sportsmanship. :thumdn:

Oh for the love..... it has already been stated (NINE YEARS AGO) that Modano was NOT a part of that. :rolleyes:

Deathsdoorstep
03-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Oh for the love..... it has already been stated (NINE YEARS AGO) that Modano was NOT a part of that. :rolleyes:

No, it was Billy Guerin, among some others. Guerin became an Oiler! SHOCK! :eek:

:lol:

Red-Step-Child
03-15-2007, 11:27 AM

It does'nt really matter to me if he was a part of that or not, because he was a big part of that team he gets associated with the good and bad of the team. That is what I think of when I hear his name. Too bad for him if he played on a team of jerks.

Spectacle
03-15-2007, 11:33 AM
It does'nt really matter to me if he was a part of that or not, because he was a big part of that team he gets associated with the good and bad of the team. That is what I think of when I hear his name. Too bad for him if he played on a team of jerks.

Not to be rude, but thats pretty ridiculous. He's a part of that team because he's American. He didn't purposely pick that team, just to be a part of a bunch of jerks.

Red-Step-Child
03-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Not to be rude, but thats pretty ridiculous. He's a part of that team because he's American. He didn't purposely pick that team, just to be a part of a bunch of jerks.

I did'nt say my way of thinking was right or wrong. thats what I think of when I hear his name and I doubt I'm alone. Even before that incident I did'nt care for him and since then I care for him less. There is no doubt he has talent but I personally question his character and his desire. Sorry if that offends you.

esks4life
03-15-2007, 11:48 AM
I hate Modano just because. If that offends anyone I could care less. :D

Jtuck09
03-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Great to see Modano get his 500!!!

Being a Minnesota North Stars/Dallas Stars fan since I was 5, this is awesome to see!

Spectacle
03-15-2007, 12:07 PM
I did'nt say my way of thinking was right or wrong. thats what I think of when I hear his name and I doubt I'm alone. Even before that incident I did'nt care for him and since then I care for him less. There is no doubt he has talent but I personally question his character and his desire. Sorry if that offends you.

It doesn't offend me, I just don't get that way of thinking at all. To me, its like saying you dislike Ryan Smyth because of what Chris Simon did.
Obviously I'm going to be a little defensive of him because he is my all-time favorite player, but I have met him several times and am friends with people who have hung out with him. He can be a grump at times, but because of those experiences I don't question his character or desire for one minute. Just ask the 18 year old boy from Newfoundland with cerebral palsy that Modano spent the day with last month about Modano's character.
Again, didn't offend me and if I came off rude I apologise. But like I said, I just really don't understand your way of thinking.

Great to see Modano get his 500!!!

Being a Minnesota North Stars/Dallas Stars fan since I was 5, this is awesome to see!

I was 3!! I WIN!!! :lol: jk

Just wish Modano could get a hat trick tonight. haha How beauty would that be, especially at home???