PDA

View Full Version : Total contempt for coach Playfair in Calgary

moontoscott
04-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Wow, were the phone lines ringing last night.

Total contempt for coach Playfair, who according to callers, messed up a "great hockey team."

They just can't understand how the '04 run shouldn't be on the upswing again. There was simply no consoling people who were crying and angry with disappointment. Wow, it is just a game isn't it?

On another note, whoever this donkey is that does the after-game shows on radio 960 is obnoxious beyond belief. He routinely swears and shouts at people, cuts them off, defends everything the Flames do and has absolutely no sense of humor. It's enough to make your yearn for Bryan Hall.

The more I hear these other dough-heads on the radio the more I appreciate Jason Gregor. I have never heard the guy swear on the air or cut somebody off without giving them a chance to speak. And oh yah, he does have a sense of humor :lol:

Deathsdoorstep
04-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Flames fans have every right to be upset, IMHO. The Calgary Flames had the players to make a serious run. Their coach is a twit. He makes MacT look like Scotty Bowman

moontoscott
04-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Flames fans have every right to be upset, IMHO. The Calgary Flames had the players to make a serious run. Their coach is a twit. He makes MacT look like Scotty Bowman

They had the players? How do they stack up, talent wise, to Detroit or San Jose? I can't see any reasonable comparison.

Deathsdoorstep
04-24-2007, 12:09 PM
They had the players? How do they stack up, talent wise, to Detroit or San Jose? I can't see any reasonable comparison.

I can. Don't let your hatred blind you. Calgary has good players. Iginla, Tanguay, Lankow, Regehr, Panuef, Stuart, Kipper....they have the talent. Had the talent, I guess would be appropriate.

moontoscott
04-24-2007, 12:12 PM
I can. Don't let your hatred blind you. Calgary has good players. Iginla, Tanguay, Lankow, Regehr, Panuef, Stuart, Kipper....they have the talent. Had the talent, I guess would be appropriate.

I don't hate the Flames one bit. I live in Calgary and I never say the things that others on this thread do.

eskimoses
04-24-2007, 12:14 PM
The coach must be as accountable as the players... I didn't think Playfair did a bad job during the season.... the players lost their composure at times during the series and couldn't score, NOT the coaches fault. Besides, the Stumps and Flemms suck anyway...!!!! :D :lol: :lol: :thup:

Deathsdoorstep
04-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I don't hate the Flames one bit. I live in Calgary and I never say the things that others on this thread do.

Be that as it may, the Flames definitely had the talent for a run at the Cup. They blew it. And sending guys out with the intent to injure? :thumdn:

Playfair HAS to be toast. Let's hope not though. :D

esks4life
04-24-2007, 12:18 PM
The Flames could get MacT. :D

stamphater
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
On another note, whoever this donkey is that does the after-game shows on radio 960 is obnoxious beyond belief. He routinely swears and shouts at people, cuts them off, defends everything the Flames do and has absolutely no sense of humor. It's enough to make your yearn for Bryan Hall.

The more I hear these other dough-heads on the radio the more I appreciate Jason Gregor. I have never heard the guy swear on the air or cut somebody off without giving them a chance to speak. And oh yah, he does have a sense of humor :lol:
I suppose you never listen to Oiler post-game shows. The Calgary guy would be Rob Kerr, who is one of the best sports radio guys I've heard. Actually he is an excellent post-game host and I like him a ton more then when Stafford was doing the Oils post-game show. I usually listen to the post-game shows following the games and its typically the same Flames fans saying the same stupid things like "Iginla is clearly not a leader" and "All the problems with this team are Playfair". He doesn't actually swear and actually almost never cuts someone off unless they are saying something either incredibly stupid or re-hashing the same things over and over again.

stamphater
04-24-2007, 12:34 PM
IMO, Calgary beats the 'roits with Regher in the line-up. They stack up well with almost any other team in the West with each player playing well but they had far too many floaters.

eskimoses
04-24-2007, 12:35 PM
GUYS GUYS GUYS.... yer missing the point.. stumps and flemms suck anyways!!! :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :cool:

quake
04-24-2007, 01:04 PM
The guy has to be fired for no other reason than he sent out his back up tender to chop wood.

Deathsdoorstep
04-24-2007, 01:06 PM
The guy has to be fired for no other reason than he sent out his back up tender to chop wood.

Xactly.

Traxy
04-24-2007, 01:53 PM
IMO, Calgary beats the 'roits with Regher in the line-up. They stack up well with almost any other team in the West with each player playing well but they had far too many floaters.

Dude, you give Regehr waaaaaay too much credit. No way he tips a series where the shots were 2-1 against Calgary. Pronger could have been in there and they still would have lost. Too many non factors in that series.

moontoscott
04-24-2007, 02:09 PM
I suppose you never listen to Oiler post-game shows. The Calgary guy would be Rob Kerr, who is one of the best sports radio guys I've heard. Actually he is an excellent post-game host and I like him a ton more then when Stafford was doing the Oils post-game show. I usually listen to the post-game shows following the games and its typically the same Flames fans saying the same stupid things like "Iginla is clearly not a leader" and "All the problems with this team are Playfair". He doesn't actually swear and actually almost never cuts someone off unless they are saying something either incredibly stupid or re-hashing the same things over and over again.

That's his name? Well, I heard him say that other day on the air that he has been warned by radio station management not to swear again so obviously he had done it and on more than one occasion. I have never heard this Stafford guy except on a few rare occasions. Yah, he doesn't like people too much.

moontoscott
04-24-2007, 02:10 PM

In a series where you are outshot 3-1 a guy like Regehr who rarely if ever scores would have made a huge difference?

Deathsdoorstep
04-24-2007, 02:27 PM
The Flames never showed up for this series.

PDO
04-24-2007, 02:49 PM
The Flames depth sucked. It's the most obvious and easiest reason to explain why they sucked.

Forwards not named Iginla, Langkow and Tanguay combined for 2 goals in 6 games.

That's not good enough.

The highend guys weren't the problem in Calgary. Never were. The bottom 6 F (Eh.. almost bottom 9 F) and Bottom 3 D were atrocious. I don't think trading away one of the true leaders on the team (Ference) at the deadline was a smart move either, as the team just never looked right after that.

I expect it to be bite Sutter in the ass when he tries to get someone to take a hometown discount to stay in Calgary and he's reminded that he sent the last guy who did that packing a few months later to hockey hell.

stamphater
04-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Dude, you give Regehr waaaaaay too much credit. No way he tips a series where the shots were 2-1 against Calgary. Pronger could have been in there and they still would have lost. Too many non factors in that series.
If the Flames had Regehr playing 25 minutes a night instead of Warrener it would have played a huge difference. If the Flames had Regehr who could move guys from in front of Kipper - which was one of the biggest swings in Detroit's favour throughout the series - then that would have said all the frustration that built up throughout the series leading to McLennan going Hextall. Yeah, I think he is THAT GOOD he could have drastically changed the way the series went.

stamphater
04-24-2007, 04:26 PM
The Flames depth sucked. It's the most obvious and easiest reason to explain why they sucked.

Forwards not named Iginla, Langkow and Tanguay combined for 2 goals in 6 games.

That's not good enough.

The highend guys weren't the problem in Calgary. Never were. The bottom 6 F (Eh.. almost bottom 9 F) and Bottom 3 D were atrocious. I don't think trading away one of the true leaders on the team (Ference) at the deadline was a smart move either, as the team just never looked right after that.

I expect it to be bite Sutter in the ass when he tries to get someone to take a hometown discount to stay in Calgary and he's reminded that he sent the last guy who did that packing a few months later to hockey hell.
For a second year Calgary's secondary scoring was no where to be seen. Nevermind the 4th liners, Guys like Lombardi, Huselius and Conroy were controlled by the Wings defence. The Wings defence deserves credit though, they played far better then I had expected them too.

Sgt. Nuke
04-24-2007, 08:10 PM
I just wanted to remind everyone that Tanguay gets over $5million/year. Damn! Sutter is a genious!

:D