PDA

View Full Version : Sherwood Park Titans Jr B Lacrosse - Upcoming Games

gizmo fan 2
05-28-2007, 11:49 PM
The Evil Dr. and I are helping market Titans jr lacrosse this summer :thup: - we've got a couple of big home games coming up this week that I urge you all (especially you ShPark-ers) to come out to :thup:.

It's family-friendly, great fun, extremely cheap, and as a bonus, I'm running the music, and Len is either on the PA from the scorer's booth, or in the crowd :thup: (be aware - we DO have giveaways during the game, and it wouldn't hurt your chances to know the guy who's running them ;) )...anyways, here's the details (the Rocky Mountain Lacrosse League plays a 3-period hockey-like format, so we have 2 intermissions) :

Saturday, June 2
8:00 pm (pre-game starts at 4:00)
First-Place Showdown - Titans vs. Calgary Shamrocks

Pre-game entertainment:
-Dunk Tank (featuring the league commish and the division president, as well as a random Calgary fan, Strathcona County mayoral candidate Brent Jewell, and others)
-Canadian Cancer Society fundraiser

Intermission entertainment:
-BMX demonstration by Mud, Sweat, & Gears BMX Riders
-Roller Derby demonstration by the Oil City Derby Girls

Game Story: This will be the Titans' Anniversary Game (the founding of the club came during the first weekend of June)...also the second and last meeting between the teams this season...the Shamrocks handed the Titans their only loss of the year on May 12, 8-3 in Calgary, while suffering their only loss at the hands of the Calgary Mountaineers on May 15, 12-9...the Titans will go on the road for three games after this one, returning home on June 16 to face the Crude in the back half of a home-and-home.

Now, I ask you all, when was the last chance you got to throw at a dunk tank? :confused: Don't tell me you don't like seeing unsuspecting high-authority figures take the plunge. And it's even better if you're the one that dunks them. :D
Or, for that matter, when was the last time you saw roller derby? :confused:

If you're going to make any game this season, Saturday will be THE game to come to. :thup:

Tickets:
Adults - $6
Students - $4
Seniors - $2
Tykes - $1

Hope to see some of you out there :thup: - do pop up to the sound booth and say hi, if you like :thup:. Len will be much more visible than myself, so he'll probably be the one you'll see more. :thup:

PDO
05-28-2007, 11:58 PM
It'd be a lot easier to support them if I didn't hate them for being the Titans.

Better than the Rams...

But I'm a Warrior, so I can't put up with this nonsense ;). I'll likely manage to find my way out to some midget Warrior games this year though...

gizmo fan 2
05-29-2007, 12:10 AM
It'd be a lot easier to support them if I didn't hate them for being the Titans.

Better than the Rams...

But I'm a Warrior, so I can't put up with this nonsense ;). I'll likely manage to find my way out to some midget Warrior games this year though...

A Warrior. Pshaw. :tongue: :lol:

Beat them 7-3 and 17-5 already this year, with one more to come on July 3rd at Southside :thup: - should be fun. :D

And the Warriors just got swept by the expansion Saskatoon SWAT, too, last weekend in Saskatoon...15-8 and 6-5, for the SWAT's first home victories ever.

Evil Dr. Len
05-29-2007, 06:19 AM
Now I understand the Sherwood Park JR B lacrosse Titans don't fly on most people's radar but here's something for you Eskimo fans to chew on...

posted on http://www.rockymountainlacrosse.com/phpBB2/ by Katch aka league comissioner and in the dunk tank between 4 & 4:30 PM this Saturday...

Just so people know to wear the color GREEN to the game.

Oh by the way not that vomit green the Titans and Eskimos wear but a
"TRUE RIDER GREEN"
looks like Shammie colors actually.

I'd rather be a Rider than a *******Eskimo........
END QUOTE

Esks4ever
05-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Dunk Tank (featuring the league commish and the division president, as well as a random Calgary fan, Strathcona County mayoral candidate Brent Jewell, and others)

So no Spec in a white T shirt then ? :lol: :D

gizmo fan 2
05-29-2007, 12:12 PM
I forgot to mention...all of our games are played at the Sherwood Park Arena (2015 Oak St.). :thup:

So yes...come on out Saturday and dunk the friggin' Rider fan, if nothing else. :lol:

Deathsdoorstep
05-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Ah Sherwood Park. Where the traffic lights outnumber the drivers....

gizmo fan 2
05-30-2007, 12:05 AM
NOTE: Due to scheduling and economic circumstances beyond our control, the inflatables and BBQ will NOT be running as planned on Saturday. :(

However, we'll still have the dunk tank, and plenty of enemies to throw at. You don't even have to stay for the game :lol: - come out and sink the Rider/Calgary fans. :thup:

Game Summary from tonight:

Titans 16 :thup:
Crude 5

Titans come out firing and finish the 1st period up 8-1...more of the same in the 2nd as the stanza ends at 15-5...the Titans added one more in the 3rd while killing the shot clock and protecting the lead for most of the period. Tyler "Don't Call Me Beautiful" Holick made 34 stops in net for Sherwood Park. :thup:

PDO
05-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Whoa.

What happened to the Warriors? We kicked ass a few years ago... :(.

I'm going to give Marc hell next time I see him.

Then again - taken a look at the top 2 teams in Midget? I see one at 8-2 and one at 7-2, with 48 and 35 goal differentials respectively. And I can take a guess at who the best player is on the 8-2 team... ;)

gizmo fan 2
05-31-2007, 01:06 AM
Whoa.

What happened to the Warriors? We kicked ass a few years ago... :(.

I'm going to give Marc hell next time I see him.

Then again - taken a look at the top 2 teams in Midget? I see one at 8-2 and one at 7-2, with 48 and 35 goal differentials respectively. And I can take a guess at who the best player is on the 8-2 team... ;)

Hahaha...age graduation, I think, at least, junior-wise.

Midget I know nothing about nor am I concerned with :lol: :D - I'm only associated with the junior team. :thup: I have no doubt the Titans aren't as good at other levels...heck, most of our guys on the jr team right now are only a couple years out of midget, IIRC. The good news from that is that this team will be around for a few years with very little turnover. :thup:

Evil Dr. Len
06-03-2007, 04:52 PM
The Titans would beat the Shamrocks 8-4 in well played, clean game...

the Dunk Tank was a success which included a Derby Girl volunteering to go in for 15 minutes and a few team members paying $20 to put our "bigger" goalie in there for 5 minutes. It also included a bit where the opposing team came over to take some free shots at the president.

The BMX bikers were cool and my photo will be in Friday's "Strathcona This Week" along with the owner of "Mud, Sweat & Gears"

The story of the night though...the Roller Derby Girls...wow...I'll be calling them back that's for sure!!