PDA

View Full Version : Dale Earnhardt Jr News Conference

MotorSportsGord
06-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has scheduled a news conference for 11 a.m. Wednesday at the JR Motorsports headquarters in Mooresville, perhaps to announce his Nextel Cup plans for 2008 and beyond.

Earnhardt's public relations representatives sent out the notice of the news conference, but provided no further details.

Earnhardt Jr. announced on May 9 that he would leave Dale Earnhardt Inc. at the end of the 2007 season. He has driven the No. 8 Chevrolets for DEI for each of the 269 starts he has had so far in Nextel Cup racing.

Earnhardt Jr. said he wants to go to a team where he feels he has an immediate chance to win races and contend for championships. He has won 17 times in his career so far, but has yet to finish higher than third in the season's standings.

Earnhardt Jr. also said he would prefer to remain in Chevrolets. That has fostered speculation that his main options included Hendrick Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing and Richard Childress Racing.

I heard on the radio that it could very well be Hendrick.

Diesel
06-12-2007, 02:17 PM
His daddy would turn in his grave

CatsEyes
06-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Now having Junior going to Hendricks would be an interesting move indeed. I doubt that I would be able to cheer for him any more, because I do not respect the Hendrick organization. NASCAR makes allowances for them, and slightly adjusts the rules in their favour (witness last Sunday's race at Pocono), just because they throw more money at the sport. Their drivers get away with things that others do not. These 'rumours' usually end up being true, but I really hope not. Where would Shrub go? Please dear God, not RCR. Pleeeez! :(

Numberz
06-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Jr. to Hendricks?! You gotta be kiddin' me! This better not be true.

Opus
06-12-2007, 03:35 PM
:lol: lovin' it........:lol: :p

Numberz
06-12-2007, 03:39 PM
I think shortly after the press conference, NASCAR will officially announce that Jr has won the 2008 Championship.

Red-Step-Child
06-12-2007, 03:49 PM
If this is true I have not felt this bad since Macho Man and Hulk Hogan became enemies. :(

Numberz
06-12-2007, 03:55 PM
I've read a few articles, and I don't think much of the rumours, they all seem unsubstantiated. A lot of it is based on hearsay. I'll guess we'll find out tomorrow though.

Diesel
06-13-2007, 09:54 AM
It's official, I'm back to hating Earnhardts again

Red-Step-Child
06-13-2007, 09:57 AM
It's official, I'm back to hating Earnhardts again

This sucks It's going to be hard to watch next year. On the bright side this might cause some good fighting insdie the team.

Diesel
06-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Oh, yeah, just wait when Paintboy doesn't get his way. Inner team tension....

Opus
06-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Go #17 :D

CatsEyes
06-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Go RCR! Long as Shrub doesn't land there, I should be OK. :p By the sounds of things, Kyle will be landing at DEI, which might be good for him. What will be interesting to watch, is the numbering/sponsorship deals that will be going down during the next couple of months. Egads, what a soap opera! :rolleyes:

quake
06-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Jeez Louise
I need to throw up.
For the record go #29. This is as bad a move by Jr as when he fired Eury Jr as his crewchief.
Long live the 3 car.
That boy just aint wired right.

Diesel
06-13-2007, 03:12 PM
I think JR's 'Nation' is about to get a lot smaller

Numberz
06-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Booo, I was really hoping that the rumours were false.

Gordon and Jr are good pals, and remember it was Sr that really helped Gordon become the driver he is today. I just hope that Jr steals all the thunder from Jimmie and Gordon, and that Jr wins the championship soon.

Diesel
06-13-2007, 03:52 PM
RH better get a big ol soother for Paintboy the first time he doesn't get his way now that he's not the shiny penny in the group.

Numberz
06-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Call me crazy, but I think that Gordon will be mature on this one. I think he'll even help Jr become a better driver.

Diesel
06-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Don't count on it for a second. Gordon likes things to go one way, and that's his way. He's even punted a car he owns....

quake
06-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Jeez Louise
I need to throw up.
For the record go #29. This is as bad a move by Jr as when he fired Eury Jr as his crewchief.
Long live the 3 car.
That boy just aint wired right.

After I settled down and thought about this for a sec, this is a brillant move by Jr. First of all he goes from a terrible owner (step mommy) to the best one. Second, is that all the 08 races will be run by the new car. Who is heads and tails above the rest in the races with the new car? Hendrick Motorsports. Everyone else has a huge way to go to even catch up and I think that will continue through this year and in the offseason. I can't cheer for Jr but he's a lot smarter than I gave him credit for. Step mommy may even fire him prior to the end of the year.

Diesel
06-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Look for the 5 and 8 teams to switch shops if both are out of the chase before season's end.