PDA

View Full Version : INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND POST A PICTURE!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Angelus
05-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Alright, so I think this thread is necessary at this point in time. Diesel, FF, E4E and I have been discussing various meet & greet type situations and we think one of the problems that might arise is that we don't know each other well enough. It's always an "interesting" situation if you're going to meet people who you only know online.

So Muley69 (thanks bud) had the idea that we should get to know each other better by posting a picture. So that's what this is for. If you don't have a picture, at least give us some details about yourself. Your name? What do you do? Married? Kids? etc.

I put this in the Eskimos forum so everyone sees it. I hope to see y'all participating.

I shall start:

My name is Phil. I'm 22 and a student at Grant Macewan in the BCom transfer program. I hope to transfer to the UofA after next year. I've worked for IBM and Intuit Canada in the tech field but hated it so I decided to go back to school. Right now I'm looking for a part-time job to pay my way through school...

No girlfriend at the moment, although I'm always looking. I live in the Londonderry area with my sister and my dog Payton. I drive a '91 white daytona that used to have a killer sound system until it was jacked. Well, that's a good start. NEXT!

Oh, and here's a really bad picture. This was taken in Brazil, my brother is on the left and I'm on the right. We were on top of the roof of a boat and it was freaking HOT!

Angelus
05-17-2004, 01:43 PM
your pic has disappeared.........

Should work now...I hope.

Diesel
05-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Diesel, 33, never and no, Sports nut in both watching and playing and have been fortunate enough to have known several local atheletes and sport releated celebs over the years. Played a small role in bringing Mobes back to Edm and never recieved a dime for it! {:^>

Diesel
05-17-2004, 02:20 PM
BTW my friend beside me, she's over 6"2 :Flip_ani:

Tojo
05-17-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm 38. I've been married to my lovely wife for almost 11 years. We have two wonderful daughters into dance, ball and soccer.
I'm a member of Edmonton's news media and live in the west end.
I've been a fan of the Green & Gold ever since I can remember. Love this site, it's great to connect with other Eskimo die-hards!

Opus
05-17-2004, 05:32 PM
News media????? that perks some interest........elaborate only if you feel comfortable.....

lloyd
05-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa, moved to Regina in '89 (what a year!). Moving to your humble city in a few month and will be holding fort on Whyte Ave.

Tojo
05-17-2004, 05:56 PM
News media????? that perks some interest........elaborate only if you feel comfortable.....

As you've no doubt noticed, I was intentionally vague! Not quite comfortable with being too specific. Have to maintain the illusion of objectivity.....even though it gives me a real warm feeling inside reading Eskimo scores after big wins!
Let's just say it's on the electronic side of things....not print.

Diesel
05-17-2004, 11:09 PM
I suspect I may have tipped a few beers with you at GC 97? Happen to remember a certain drunk friend of mine who thought a certain drunk Kimberly Caroll was a working girl? (She was dressed like one BTW) :lol:

Diesel
05-17-2004, 11:13 PM
so you are a fairly big gronk.

I earned my nickname. :menacegr:

MEEZY
05-17-2004, 11:38 PM
Hey everyone,

My name's Andrea, and besides being an avid Esks Fan, I work as a private tutor. I absolutely love my job; I make my own hours, I work out of my own home, and hell, I can sleep in until noon (or later)! :azzangel:

There are some disadvantages to my job as well, such as enduring alternating crazy times (like right now) and quiet spells. I have a teaching certificate, but I much prefer to work one-on-one with students; it's much more satisfying to build that personal rapport with people rather than teaching to a mass of uncooperative students.

Besides tutoring, I also work as an editor through the University, and in my spare time (what little of it exists), I write short stories and poems. I'm hoping to one day get something published.... :blackey:

Oh, and one more thing. I'm not from Edmonton; actually, I reside in London, Ontario. So why am I an Esks and Oil fan? Well, my mom's side of the family came from Edmonton, so I grew up watching those teams. Last summer, I met a bunch of the Esks players (including Mobes; I'm not sure if he remembers though) in Burlington, where my parents live. In case some of you on here haven't met any of the guys, I can assure you that they're all awesome! :color:

Edit: Here's my pic...finally!

Tojo
05-17-2004, 11:38 PM
I suspect I may have tipped a few beers with you at GC 97? Happen to remember a certain drunk friend of mine who thought a certain drunk Kimberly Caroll was a working girl? (She was dressed like one BTW)

She was somewhat mezmerizing wasn't she? Hard to pay attention to what she was actually saying on air. But no, I'm pretty sure we've never crossed paths and that was not me tipping beers with you at GC '97.

Diesel
05-17-2004, 11:46 PM
She was somewhat mezmerizing wasn't she? Hard to pay attention to what she was actually saying on air.

She had a head?????

Diesel
05-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Thought you might have been another self confessed Esk fan who works in the electronic media. (not Hallsy)

mobes27
05-18-2004, 06:25 AM
well here's a picture of me and a few friends with a cup and i should have more picts. like this after the season. I'm #27

Muley69
05-18-2004, 08:56 AM
okay........now that I'm at home I can post the only pic I have of myself on my comp, it was taken a few years back when I got married, it is likely the best pic I have of myself as well......

Thank you, thank you, Fishman.

The ONLY picture of me that i currently have on this comp is my wedding photo's. Here is one of me, and likely the best one I've had taken in a LONG time. (Hope the wife doesn't mind me posting her face on this site either...) I was worried about how dumb it would look to post a wedding photo on a CFL website...but since you've broken the mold, I feel that it's okay if I do the same.

Name is Dave, I'm 25 (as on last Wednesday) and currently live in the downtown area of town, near the Molson Canadian Brewery by no coincidence. Went to the U of A and earned a specialized degree in Math and Economics and have stayed ever since.

I work in the pensions industy, and I do have a story about my job as it relates to the CFL. One day Allen Pitts phoned our office with a question about his CFL pension...and this was right around the time that Flutie was about to break his yardage record and the Stamps were trying to fly in Pitts to "hand off the torch" as it were. (You may remember that Allen declined).

Regretably, I wasn't the one that had the conversation with him...

Opus
05-18-2004, 09:22 AM
So you went through with it after all eh Dave? Well congrats man.....

Tojo
05-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Thought you might have been another self confessed Esk fan who works in the electronic media. (not Hallsy)

Now I'M curious. If you were hanging with Kimberly you were probably with the A-Channel crowd. Who was working in sports then? Were the initials S.M.? Or was it someone in news?

Opus
05-18-2004, 01:01 PM
lets ee now.......electric media.....westend.....hmmmmm......you must therefore work at or in the cfrn building (I'm just guessing here tojo...)

Tojo
05-18-2004, 01:22 PM
I didn't say I worked in the west end..... :heh_heh:

Diesel
05-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Now I'M curious. If you were hanging with Kimberly you were probably with the A-Channel crowd. Who was working in sports then? Were the initials S.M.? Or was it someone in news?

No actually it was with someone at Global. Got drunk with Shannon Tyler once but that's a whole other story.... :lol:

Tojo
05-18-2004, 02:20 PM
So you've got a thing for former A-Channel entertainment reporters huh?! :lol:

Diesel
05-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Right place, right time. :lol:

Opus
05-18-2004, 03:53 PM
I didn't say I worked in the west end..... :heh_heh:true.....but I take it as somewhat implied....as most people try to live as close as possible to work, and there happens to be a media outlet nearby.....am I warm? :lol:

Tojo
05-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Tojo wrote:
I didn't say I worked in the west end.....
true.....but I take it as somewhat implied....as most people try to live as close as possible to work, and there happens to be a media outlet nearby.....am I warm?

Maybe, maybe not. :menacegr:

Sandy - Edmonton
05-18-2004, 06:19 PM
What's up?

I'm Sundeep.........

Go to the U of A.....likely heading toward a BCom

Been n Oilers n Esks fan since 1993.....

Here's my pic.....

Esk Reporter
05-19-2004, 08:52 PM
What can I tell you about myself...

I was born and raised in Edmonton (not too many can say that anymore), and have been an Eskimo fan since 1972. I fist started attending home games as a member of the old 'Woodwards Knothole' gang back in 1974 and have been hooked ever since. I got my first season tickets in 1980 and have been a regular attender since.

I played in the Edmonton Touch Football League for 12 seasons until I was forced to retire because of a knee injury. And just like a player that can't play the game anymore, I took up coaching. I coached bantam football in St. Albert for seven years (including two with Tom Higgins) before moving to the West Edmonton Raiders last year.

I also covered the Eskimos for 'The Rouge' magazine (R.I.P) from 1997 through the 2002 season. My fondest memory from that time was going to Calgary to cover the Grey Cup for the magazine and having complete media access. This meant attending the closed practices (to the public anyway), being at the Chrysler Awards and of course in the Lions locker room after they won the cup.

frankmorris'brain
05-20-2004, 01:58 AM
Well i prefer to keep my identity to myself, i grew up outside the city, played for the Huskies for a couple of years before going on a football scholarship to Eastern Washington, stayed for two years befor realizing it was not the place for me, moved back to the huskies for a year before going to the University of Western Ontario. Signed as a free agent in the league (in the east) got hurt in camp, ended up on the practice roster for a year played the next year (severlly limated action) called it quits and finished school at the U of A and now work for the federal government in edmonton. By the way, i played Oline. Really involved in coaching football in the city.

TurfToe
05-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Hey gang, those of you that know me ... know me. Can't tell you my real name... matter of national security.

Been an Esk fan for longer than I can remember. In fact, I learned to throw a spiral long before I learned how to skate.

Born and raised in Edmonton. Grew up west of the museum. Went to St. FX. 2 degrees from UofA. Lived S of campus... then around Bonnie Doon.

Moved to Toronto in '95. Living out in Oakville now (Andrea... how often do you go to 'Cats or Argo games? You'll have to hook up with us when the Esks come out!) Still have my season's tix at Commonwealth - Sec X, row 30, seats 1-2... had 'em since the stadium opened. Turn them over to my nephews... the tradition continues.

Not married (long story - requires drinks). No kids - unless you count Arrow the wonder dog - and I do. Drive a Jeep Liberty... it's not an SUV, it's a Jeep. I take if off road and get scratches and stuck in the mud. I laugh at 'grocery getters'. I also have a '67 GTO convertible for when I want to show the tuners what real horsepower means... besides... none of them will ever beat my record for bikini clad girls sitting on the back of the back seat!

I'm a PR dude... been doing that for over 10 years now. Actually, I do that as a freelancer now... get to set my own hours and vacations... can work out of client offices or home... but when I'm not working, I'm not making $$.

Other than off-roading, you can find me canoeing, hiking or inventing drinks. I'm a rabid skier (learned at Sunshine), into scuba and have joined a sailing crew. I love all things CFL (except the Thtampth) - infact my lawyer is an ex-player!

First photo is of True42, Eskinator, Ellis14 and me from last year - the 'power outage game'... I'm the one in the subtle Eskie shirt... I'm rather shy and reserved! Other photo is me and the one and only DRK from a few years back.

In closing a prediction...
GC '04... Esks vs Argos... EE takes it.
'nuff said.

MEEZY
05-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Hey, Turf Toe, it's nice to see another Esks Fan in Ontario! :Flip_ani:

(Andrea... how often do you go to 'Cats or Argo games? You'll have to hook up with us when the Esks come out!)

Last year I went to the Cats-Esks game in Hamilton, but I'm not sure which games I'm going to this year yet. That all depends on work and family commitments, but I'll keep you posted. :color:

Esk Reporter
05-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey TT...good to hear from you again!! Was out at training camp yesterday and was talking with True42 about you...she is wondering how you are doing and what you are up to! :Flip_ani:

Ricccky
05-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Hi my name is Richard, some people call me Ricky, Rich or Rick, it doesn't really matter to me. I'm 20 years old, I am working full time as an electrical apprentice, Im in my second year now and have been doing it for just over a year. For the most part I like my job, work 7-4or5 everyday and its usually interesting and fun.

I've been browsing esksfans.com since september 03' but until this season I havent posted very much if at all. I guess I like to sit back and watch rather than speak out until I get comfortable.

I've been a season ticket holder for 3 years now, every year I have had different seats. I go with my Brother and his Wife and all 3 of us havent really found a spot that we really like. The first year we on the upper deck section T about half way, last season we were in section T row 35, this season we are in section T upper deck 10 rows from the rail.

I am an avid sports fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Eskimos, I have been for as long as I can remember. I used to play alot of sports in junior high and high school, but now I dont play any. In the winter I snowboard alot, usually go to the mountains at least once a month. I've always wanted to get onto an adult rec soccer team but lately Ive been too busy.

Anyways thats enough for now, I have only 1 picture to post, its from last year and the only one I have since my computer got wiped. Sorry about the bad quality, I had to crop the picture, it was too big.

TurfToe
05-27-2004, 08:58 AM
Hey, Turf Toe, it's nice to see another Esks Fan in Ontario! :Flip_ani:

(Andrea... how often do you go to 'Cats or Argo games? You'll have to hook up with us when the Esks come out!)

Last year I went to the Cats-Esks game in Hamilton, but I'm not sure which games I'm going to this year yet. That all depends on work and family commitments, but I'll keep you posted. :color:

Hey FF... wha-choo talkin' 'bout?? The Esks ARE family! Quick story... way way back when my folks took my Bro and I to an Esks game in old Clarke Stadium. Gary Lefebrve was the punter... on one punt his shoe went further than the ball! My mom laughed so hard... Family fun can be had at football games! (granted it was a tad more affordable in those days)

Hope to hook up with you at a game out here. Best to PM me or send a message to ee5inarow@yahoo.ca.
Cheers, TT

TurfToe
05-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Hey TT...good to hear from you again!! Was out at training camp yesterday and was talking with True42 about you...she is wondering how you are doing and what you are up to! :Flip_ani:

Hey KL!! True42 wants me plain and simple... It's just that I belong to Eskinator! HA!! :crazy:
I'm doin' good... thanks! up to the usual... causing trouble... :azzangel: NOT!
Haven't managed to take over the world yet, but at least I'm keeping the shiny side up and the greasy side down.

MEEZY
05-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Hey FF... wha-choo talkin' 'bout?? The Esks ARE family!

That's a good point! :color:

Quick story... way way back when my folks took my Bro and I to an Esks game in old Clarke Stadium. Gary Lefebrve was the punter... on one punt his shoe went further than the ball! My mom laughed so hard... Family fun can be had at football games! (granted it was a tad more affordable in those days)

Thanks for sharing that, TT. It's good to hear that your family can get into the action as well. When I went to the Cats' game last year, I took my sister along and she didn't mind it. However, although my Mom and Grandma were Esks fans way back when, none of my family members are really into it that much anymore... :(

Hope to hook up with you at a game out here. Best to PM me or send a message to ee5inarow@yahoo.ca.

Thanks, TT. I'll definitely let you know if/when I plan on going this season.

Beerfish
05-30-2004, 02:30 PM
My name is Tim, getting ready to turn 4...mumble mumble cough 44.
I work at the University of Alberta, Facilities Management Dept.
Been an Eskie fan for years, even when I lived on Vancouver Island for 3 years and was inundated with Lions propoganda.....blech.

Single, live on the south side, south and east of the U of A.

Esk Reporter...What team did you play with in the Touch Football league? I played for about 14 or 15 years.

I am not sure how to post an image so I am going to try and use the url command to post a picture of me and my dog and see if that works.

http://members.shaw.ca/Beerfish/LovelyLabs/img_RockyandPal.html

GridironHeros
05-31-2004, 09:44 AM
Old enough to remember when CFL teams could OUTBID NFL teams for new players!! Actually, I'm just 40, but they were still doing that when I was a kid (no, really...).

Live in St. Catharines, ONT, but grew up in the Steeltown: Hamilton.

Been a CFL fan since '72 (hometown Grey Cup win? Fantastic!!), but been a die-hard, raving Ticat fan since '94!

Self-employed, small business entrepreneur, making all sports-related products (figurines, clocks/plaques, etc.). Especially football, and INCLUDING custom CFL items!! Hey, check me out (below) if you're curious. Very unique items no diehard CFL fan should be without (if I DO say so myself! :azzangel: ).

lloyd
06-04-2004, 01:22 PM
My name is Tim, getting ready to turn 4...mumble mumble cough 44.
I work at the University of Alberta, Facilities Management Dept.
Been an Eskie fan for years, even when I lived on Vancouver Island for 3 years and was inundated with Lions propoganda.....blech.

Single, live on the south side, south and east of the U of A.

Esk Reporter...What team did you play with in the Touch Football league? I played for about 14 or 15 years.

I am not sure how to post an image so I am going to try and use the url command to post a picture of me and my dog and see if that works.

http://members.shaw.ca/Beerfish/LovelyLabs/img_RockyandPal.html

Damn nice dog, i like labs. i have border collie though, its smarter than me.

Opus
06-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Damn nice dog, i like labs. i have border collie though, its smarter than me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: you said what we were all thinking............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Border Collies are the smartest dog going though :thup:

Esks4ever
06-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Old enough to remember when CFL teams could OUTBID NFL teams for new players!! Actually, I'm just 40, but they were still doing that when I was a kid (no, really...).

Live in St. Catharines, ONT, but grew up in the Steeltown: Hamilton.

Been a CFL fan since '72 (hometown Grey Cup win? Fantastic!!), but been a die-hard, raving Ticat fan since '94!

Self-employed, small business entrepreneur, making all sports-related products (figurines, clocks/plaques, etc.). Especially football, and INCLUDING custom CFL items!! Hey, check me out (below) if you're curious. Very unique items no diehard CFL fan should be without (if I DO say so myself! :azzangel: ).

That figurine you have for us to view.. are you sure thats not a Pic of the Esks' Ezra Landry ? :lol: :lol:

lloyd
06-05-2004, 05:14 PM
you said what we were all thinking.............

Border Collies are the smartest dog going though

i know, as i said before, too smart for thier own good.

Esk Reporter
06-05-2004, 07:14 PM

I started back in 1982 playing for a team called the 'Chargers' (as in San Diego)...then moved to a team called the 'Eagles' and then onto the Beavers...

I played receiver, center, running back and finally quarterback. What is funny is that I played QB because I could run (shades of Nealon Greene) but did not have a strong arm. I was the QB often thrown in when a team had a fierce rusher...I could make him miss the first time which woud give me a chance to look down field for the receiver or take off on my own...ahhh to be that young again...LOL :Flip_ani:

Muley69
06-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Corporate Challenge event last night...

With NO practice at all, me and three teammates had to make two punts and two FG attempts.

All kicks had to "go through the uprights" to get maximum points. Sadly, we sucked ass (not one made it). Still, we got 109 points out of 200...which wasn't bad.

In my defence, (a) I've never played football and (b) it's damn hard to line up a kick with NO practice!

Beerfish
06-05-2004, 09:34 PM
I started back in 1982 playing for a team called the 'Chargers' (as in San Diego)...then moved to a team called the 'Eagles' and then onto the Beavers...

I played receiver, center, running back and finally quarterback. What is funny is that I played QB because I could run (shades of Nealon Greene) but did not have a strong arm. I was the QB often thrown in when a team had a fierce rusher...I could make him miss the first time which woud give me a chance to look down field for the receiver or take off on my own...ahhh to be that young again...LOL :Flip_ani:[/quote]

Did you QB for the Eagles? I had 4 ints against them in a game one time. :crazy: I am sure we must have played against each other on more than one occasion. I played for AFC.

Esk Reporter
06-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I QB'd the Eagles for a bit...it would have been back in the mid eighty's (86-88).

GridironHeros
06-06-2004, 09:44 PM
That figurine you have for us to view.. are you sure thats not a Pic of the Esks' Ezra Landry ?

Esks4ever: I don't get the joke??

Evil Dr. Len
06-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Who am I? The handle is Evil Dr. EE...formerly EskLen...real name Len.
I'm 27 and been a CFL fan for as long as I can remember...
last year I joined 13thman.com and created a fantasy game (also help iron out the details for the fantasy game played at 55yardline.net). Simply put I got overwhelmed by all the spreadsheet work so I let the game die with me.

Meanwhile, my wife is due in mid-July for our 1st baby together so I had to give up my season tickets this year(had them for 2 years) but fully plan to get them back for 2005.(got them :thup: )

Reasons, I joined this site...it gets a lot of mention at 13thman and being an Esk fan I can't say I know a single other Esk Fan!! My season ticket partner is my 6 year old stepson - - I'm hoping I get to meet other Esk fans, maybe have a cold beverage at halftime or something.

Diesel
06-19-2004, 05:48 PM
I played for the Dow Dolphins back in 82-86. I do recall us hammering the Chargers in 82. :cool:

Orangeshoes99
06-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Hey Eskimo fan's, nice little site here. Coming out to Edmonton next weekend to watch the Lions and Eskimos...looking forward to it.

Here is a pic of me and the Legendary Krazy George at a tailgater last season.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/Images/DSC00578.JPG

How come I can't see any of the images?

Angelus
06-19-2004, 09:54 PM
How come I can't see any of the images?
They didn't come over when we changed website formats. Not sure if I did something wrong or that's just the way it works...

We would have to re-post them. If I can find them somewhere, I'll do that...

Orangeshoes99
06-19-2004, 10:00 PM
I see....well I added mine ;)

Hey Angelus, any chance you can join Eskinator and myself in Edmonton next week?

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:04 PM
Diesel.

I believe he's the one on the right... ;)

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Muley. Good lookin' wife you got there bud... :D

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Lloyd.

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:08 PM
Mobes. He's the one wearing #27... ;)

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Ricccky.

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Sandy.

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Me. On the right.

Second picture is my gf. ***ADULT WARNING***

I was just going off memory, so I hope I got everyone correct.

Angelus
06-19-2004, 10:14 PM
I see....well I added mine ;)

Hey Angelus, any chance you can join Eskinator and myself in Edmonton next week?
Probably. What'd you have in mind?

Orangeshoes99
06-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Don't know, but it would be cool to get to party with some of the people I have seen around on 13thman, Lionbackers, and other CFL sites...There are few of us heading out..LFITQ, BC49 etc...

Angelus
06-19-2004, 11:49 PM
I'd be up for that. :thup:

GreyCupGarry
06-20-2004, 12:39 AM
Hey everyone,

My name's Andrea, and besides being an avid Esks Fan, I work as a private tutor. I absolutely love my job; I make my own hours, I work out of my own home, and hell, I can sleep in until noon (or later)! :azzangel:

There are some disadvantages to my job as well, such as enduring alternating crazy times (like right now) and quiet spells. I have a teaching certificate, but I much prefer to work one-on-one with students; it's much more satisfying to build that personal rapport with people rather than teaching to a mass of uncooperative students.

Besides tutoring, I also work as an editor through the University, and in my spare time (what little of it exists), I write short stories and poems. I'm hoping to one day get something published.... :blackey:

Oh, and one more thing. I'm not from Edmonton; actually, I reside in London, Ontario. So why am I an Esks and Oil fan? Well, my mom's side of the family came from Edmonton, so I grew up watching those teams. Last summer, I met a bunch of the Esks players (including Mobes; I'm not sure if he remembers though) in Burlington, where my parents live. In case some of you on here haven't met any of the guys, I can assure you that they're all awesome! :color:

That's cool. do you know sign Language?

GreyCupGarry
06-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Thanks for all the pics, guys. :crazy:

MEEZY
06-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Garry:

No, I don't know sign language.

GreyCupGarry
06-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Garry:

No, I don't know sign language.

Ok. Thought that maybe. Being in london and all. Lord knows those kids need tutoring, since that school system is nothing but a glorified day care service.
:sure: Wish I could have afforded a tutur for my son.

MEEZY
06-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Are you from London, Garry?

BTW, you're right about the Educational System here; I discovered in Teacher's College that a third of every class was badly behind. I didn't enjoy my practicums at all, and seeing the vast need for remediation, decided to start my own tutoring business instead of teaching.

Opus
06-24-2004, 03:41 PM
Frito's Fan, finally!.......:lol:........
http://www.esksfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 :thup: about time fraidy-cat......

Esks4ever
06-24-2004, 03:56 PM
yep saw it eariler... wasn't hidden too well.. I didn't think of bringing it out into the open like you did fishy... props man :)

MEEZY
06-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I eventually caved in to peer pressure :eek: :lol:

But I wasn't trying to hide it...if I really wanted to hide it, I would have done a much better job! :D

Esks4ever
06-25-2004, 10:08 AM
we prolly would have still found it :D

ArgoDave
07-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks for all the pics, guys. :crazy:

And I can just imagine what you're gonna do with them too...
:D

Since I'm here might as well say Hi all, nice site Angelus.:thup:

I'm sure the vast majority of you already know me, and probably regret it ;) but for those who don't here is what you'll see should you ever make it down to TO for a game sometime. :eek:

Opus
07-02-2004, 08:55 AM
Your conspiracy theories are welcome here Dave........well some of them....... :)

ArgoDave
07-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Your conspiracy theories are welcome here Dave........well some of them....... :)

If your team pulled 200 yards in flags wouldn't you think something was kinda fishy?
;)

Opus
07-02-2004, 12:34 PM
have you seen our stats regarding penalties the last 2 years?.......

HD~Silverado
07-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Man, the good times while being 18. I can finally work, make money, and get seasons tickets to the Esks and Oil. Well maybe not the Oil for a few years. Anyways I just graduated from HS in Westlock and am taking forest technologies at Northern Lakes. My family is huge, 9 people, 2 brothers and 4 sisters. My grandparents own Daisy Dollhouse, you might of seen it at Capilano or Northgate in the winter. Living in Flatbush is somewhat secluded but we have been going to Esks games for over 10 years. I can still remember the Labour Day rematch games at Commenwealth sitting in the old knothole gang section. I remember David Archer and his spear at some guy, after which sent them both over the table. A few years back me, my brother and a few of his friends went to a game where Pepsi was introducing Pepsi Blue. By the end of the game the 4 of us left the game with about 5 2L bottles each of the stuff and we had to walk about a km to the van because we were to cheap to pay for parking. Anyways that stuff was the best and I can't understand why somebody would not like Pepsi Blue. I was also at the Giz's retirement game where they unveiled his plaque on the wall of fame. Like I said ealier i am also a rabid Oilers fan. I look forward to many years of CFL football to go along with many GC's. See ya all at Commenwealth.

Angelus
07-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Do you at least have pics of the car you can post?

I'd love to have a Celica...

Angelus
07-03-2004, 12:39 AM
Yes Angelus I am going to post some pics of the Celica if I can dig them up.. I am pretty sure I took a couple a while ago after I got some new parts put on, not 100% sure though.

Either way I will either find those pictures somewhere in my messy drawer, or take some brand new ones in the daylight just for you. :lol:
Thank you.

A buddy of mine has a 2001 Celica. Silver though. He was nice enough to let me drive it... :thup:

If only I wasn't a poor struggling student... :(

Esks4ever
07-03-2004, 10:19 AM
I'm like the only one who hasn't posted on this thread.

No yer not ;) I still havent'.. but I started a post similar to this a long time ago.. just haven't but time into posting my short bio in here ;)

Boerigter
07-09-2004, 02:40 AM
My name is Danny, as you can tell I'm a Stampeder fan. Now, hold your boos for a second, because I'm just here to post and have fun. Besides, I probably won't be around that much. You will probably notice me talking trash, best idea would be to ignore me. ;) Thats about all, g'day and Go Stamps Go!

stamphater
07-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Well I'm Stamphater (aka. drew, andy, droodles, hockey bum, chalupa, caribou, or any other stupid nicknames you wanna come up with.)

I live in a small town near Calgary and have Stampeder season tickets. I am 19 and gonna go to SAIT next year and go into journalism. I work part-time in a Liquor store, which needless to say is sweet! I love the Guitar and play it all the time. I still have yet to meet anyone here yet, hopefully that changes sometime down the line.

No GF right now, and I drive a Corolla. I'm not sure how to get a picture on here, perhaps someone can help me? Thats about all their is to know about me. Oh yeah, I have a really crappy computer that takes 10 minutes to get one take down.

wildwest
07-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Well I am still pretty much a computer dummy, so I still don't know how to post a picture here, but here are a few things about me.

My name is Jamie. I am 34 and have lived in Edmonton most of my life. I work as a professional basketball and sailing instructor, which means 1/3 of the time I am all over western Canada and the States, the other 2/3 I am at home with my beautiful wife and 4 month old son.

I appreciate having this opportunity to go on about the CFL with you guys because I love to analyse and theorize things to death sometimes (must be the coach in me), and my family and friends just won't put up with that as much as I would like.

I would certainly be up for any future get togethers, schedule permitting.

Juicy
07-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Hey..... first time here or any forum, but am suddenly interested...

Big confession....... I've never been to a game......... :eek: I have watched a couple, and I plan to attend my first game in a couple of weeks, but how did I get here...... ???

I have noticed a couple of the players who live in my building and have had opportunity to say hi from time to time, and thought it might be cool to get to know the team and sport better.

So...... be gentle...... it's my first time.... ;)

Jedrock43
07-13-2004, 05:35 PM

Big confession....... I've never been to a game......... :eek: I have watched a couple, and I plan to attend my first game in a couple of weeks, but how did I get here...... ???

I have noticed a couple of the players who live in my building and have had opportunity to say hi from time to time, and thought it might be cool to get to know the team and sport better.

Welcome.

It is good to have you!!!

We'll go slow. :thup:

Diesel
07-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Diesel.

I believe he's the one on the right...
Attached Images1untitled6.jpg (88.1 KB, 34 views)

:lol:

Opus
07-13-2004, 05:36 PM

Big confession....... I've never been to a game......... I have watched a couple, and I plan to attend my first game in a couple of weeks, but how did I get here...... ???

So...... be gentle...... it's my first time.... It'll only hurt for a little bit.......but if you keep going it'll get to the point where you love it..... ;) .......We'll be extra gentle :)

Juicy
07-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Slow is good......... but don't get me started... (didn't I just agee to a disclaimer?!?) :p

So what now? Where are all the Esks info-holders?

Juicy
07-13-2004, 05:42 PM
:angel: I'll get the hang of it......

Esks4ever
07-13-2004, 06:25 PM

Welcome to the board Juicy :thup:

Juicy
07-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the board Juicy :thup:

Thanks, E! :rolleyes:

esksgirls.com
07-14-2004, 05:16 AM
Hello Everyone.

I come by way of the CFRN article I saw.

My name is Arthur, I'll answer to almost anything as long as it's not foul. Well, actually I'll answer to most of that too.

I'm 32, I work with computers... networks and the internet mainly. I live East of Edmonton most of the time and on the West end some of the time. I've been going to games since I can remember. My dad has had seasons tickets forever. I now have my own set and haven't missed a one. Funny how when it rains, you find out who's really a fan though :confused:

I drive a wanna-be 4x4 for work, but when it's time to get muddy it's the "Fordx4"... my 1979 Ford F150 with a 460 etc. etc. It's a wreck, but it has never left me stranded, and loves to be abused. On weekends you might find me cruising whyte or jasper in my '72 mustang. (not bad for a Geek Hey) :p I obviously like my vehicles, have skated since I could walk and will do pretty much anything outdoors... camping, water skiing, snowboarding... whatever. SCUBA and skydiving are next on my list.

That's it for now.

Juicy
07-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Hey guys. Who's around and what's up tonight?

Juicy
07-15-2004, 03:09 AM
This place has been dead for the last couple days.

Well, at least your out here.... Have a great sleep...... ;)

Esks4ever
07-15-2004, 08:48 AM
This place has been dead for the last couple days.

Well CK it was midnight when you posted that... So I'd imagine most of us was getting ready to sleep, cuz we havta work then next morning :mad:

MEEZY
07-15-2004, 12:10 PM
You guys are so lucky.. you get to work in the morning.

I get to make my own hours.. well sort of.. uh, kind of. Not really.

But atleast I don't have to work in the wee hours of the morn.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am so lucky.. I should really sppreciate my life more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm pretty much in the same boat :D

Rubicon67
07-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi all!

I live for the CFL & Esks.... That says it all!
I'm a season ticket holder over in Section L every year except for this year. I'm only in town for the game on July 17th. Off to Afghanistan with my unit at the end of the month. No CFL for me.... BRUTAL!

Anyways, i'll really have to out do myself this game (to make up for the ones i'll miss!)

Just thought i'd say hey all!

Sorry, no pic of me showin skin or anything..
i'll post one from overseas..

Jon

Rubicon67
07-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Thanks eh!

Should be a great game tonight! I hope the D has a good game. Mass throws for a mile.. ;p

cya all there!

Esks4ever
07-17-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks eh!

Mass throws for a mile.. ;p

I like the way you think :) :thup:

13thman
07-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Hey 13thman here .... I run 2 CFL sites 13thman.com and the best looking CFL site on the net Lionbackers.com ... I post as D on those .... 45 years old 6'1 205 lbs ... played hockey with former Oiler Ken Berry and against Glen Anderson ... also played Touch Football out here in Van

Back in 81 or 82 I lived in Edmonton for a year ... winters to cold out there for me .... we don't have to shovel rain out here :lol:

I am presently trying to make plans to get my butt out to Alberta with a bunch of the crew from Lionbackers.com to catch the Riders and Esks then roll down the highway to watch the Lions chew up the Stampeders

Attached is a pic of my daughter and I from 2000 ..... PS ... we want our Cheerios Bowl back :mad:

Diesel
07-19-2004, 11:33 AM
Hi all!

I live for the CFL & Esks.... That says it all!
I'm a season ticket holder over in Section L every year except for this year. I'm only in town for the game on July 17th. Off to Afghanistan with my unit at the end of the month. No CFL for me.... BRUTAL!

Anyways, i'll really have to out do myself this game (to make up for the ones i'll miss!)

Just thought i'd say hey all!

Sorry, no pic of me showin skin or anything..
i'll post one from overseas..

Jon

:thup: Hat's off to you.

Mrs Bigs
07-21-2004, 10:36 PM
Hi to all! I am also a newcomer via cfrn. I am 43 years old, married, 3 kids. We live in Westlock and have been season ticket holders since 1978. Actually we now have 4 generations going to the football games. I have missed only one game since we got our seasons tickets and that was when our youngest daughter was born (bad timing :D). I am not so great with the computer yet and couldn't figure out how to add the pic.

Opus
07-22-2004, 12:08 AM
Welcome to our little slice of Eskie Heaven Mrs. Bigs :thup:

Party Time
07-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Hello all,
my name is Steve and i am going ot be starting my second year of engineering at the U of A (Materials Engineering Coo-Op). I am a huge esks fan and i have been a season ticket holder for three years now (Upper section H). i don't have a picture but i'll see if i can find one.

Muley69
07-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Hello all,
my name is Steve and i am going ot be starting my second year of engineering at the U of A (Materials Engineering Coo-Op). I am a huge esks fan and i have been a season ticket holder for three years now (Upper section H). i don't have a picture but i'll see if i can find one.

Welcome to the site. I'm going to give you some rep points for your post, so that you can be addicted to the "crack" like we are...

Party Time
07-27-2004, 09:46 PM
ummmm, sweeet sweeet crack however did you know :tongue: :thup:

Esks4ever
07-27-2004, 10:24 PM
ummmm, sweeet sweeet crack however did you know :tongue: :thup:

cuz alot of us is hooked on it... infact its been a week or more since i got my last hit... :mad: :lol:

Esks4ever
07-28-2004, 08:28 AM
A week... 2 and a half for me... :lol:

well, we will just have to change that won't we :) :lol:

Hootch
08-01-2004, 01:05 AM
Hi! My names Jon, I'm 22, and moved here with my girlfriend from Peace River when I was 18 - the first day was so cool and I wasn't born in Edmonton but consider myself an Edmontonian through and through, and proud to be. I love this city and it's people. Overall Edmonton is the best sports city in Canada imo, has more culture and heart than any other city I've been to, and is a great place to live! I take alot of pride in this city.

Well, I've been a huge Oilers fan all my life, and I am making an effort to learn about football as well. I could probably tell you anything you need to know about hockey, but not the CFL, but I think getting new fans is great! :)

I'm not a bandwagon fan, I really want to make a serious effort to learn, plus it's cheaper, ALOT cheaper, than Oilers games. When the Roadrunners come here I am going to support them too! :)

Muley69
08-01-2004, 01:48 AM
I am making an effort to learn about football as well. I could probably tell you anything you need to know about hockey, but not the CFL, but I think getting new fans is great! :)

Stick around, Hootch. If you have any CFL questions, we'll answer 'em fer sure.

Esks4ever
08-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Hi! My names Jon, I'm 22, and moved here with my girlfriend from Peace River when I was 18 - the first day was so cool and I wasn't born in Edmonton but consider myself an Edmontonian through and through, and proud to be. I love this city and it's people. Overall Edmonton is the best sports city in Canada imo, has more culture and heart than any other city I've been to, and is a great place to live! I take alot of pride in this city.

Well, I've been a huge Oilers fan all my life, and I am making an effort to learn about football as well. I could probably tell you anything you need to know about hockey, but not the CFL, but I think getting new fans is great! :)

I'm not a bandwagon fan, I really want to make a serious effort to learn, plus it's cheaper, ALOT cheaper, than Oilers games. When the Roadrunners come here I am going to support them too! :)

Welcome to our little nook of Heaven :)

Boozers
08-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Glad To Be Part Of The Best ESKIES FORUM ON THE NET

My name is Ross I'm 18. I got to NAIT Im taking Business Admin. I am a huge sports fan period. I have been an eskimo season ticket holder for three years.

ESKIMOS 4-LIFE!

I also like My Beer

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Glad To Be Part Of The Best ESKIES FORUM ON THE NET

My name is Ross I'm 18. I got to NAIT Im taking Business Admin. I am a huge sports fan period. I have been an eskimo season ticket holder for three years.

ESKIMOS 4-LIFE!

I also like My Beer

The Esks and Beer... its a good life :)

Boozers
08-07-2004, 05:58 PM
You bet man

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Esks + Oilers + Beer + Car + Money = Good life. :thup:

Now yer just trying too hard :lol:

Opus
08-08-2004, 01:47 AM
haven't we done this on another thread boys? :lol:

seriously though.......welcomes a plenty to both Hootch and yourself Boozer......glad to have you here on as you said "the best eskies forum on the net"!

Tojo
08-08-2004, 11:55 AM
"the best eskies forum on the net"!

...in the best city, in the best province, in the best country in the world.
Bill Smith. ;)

oilboy2
08-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Hey guys, first post on this board, looks like a great site, cant believe ive missed it for so long. Anyways, im 24 living in vermillion and a huge eskie fan. I try to go to as many games as possible but regretabbly have to miss the labor day game in calgary this year. This will end an 8 year streak. I dont know how to post a picture but you can check out www.rowdymuckers.com to see pictures. Anyways should be fun time on this site!

Opus
08-19-2004, 12:32 AM
this you Phil?

http://www.13thman.com/angelus2_resize.jpg

GreyCupGarry
08-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Hey 13thman here .... I run 2 CFL sites 13thman.com and the best looking CFL site on the net Lionbackers.com ... I post as D on those .... 45 years old 6'1 205 lbs ... played hockey with former Oiler Ken Berry and against Glen Anderson ... also played Touch Football out here in Van

Back in 81 or 82 I lived in Edmonton for a year ... winters to cold out there for me .... we don't have to shovel rain out here :lol:

I am presently trying to make plans to get my butt out to Alberta with a bunch of the crew from Lionbackers.com to catch the Riders and Esks then roll down the highway to watch the Lions chew up the Stampeders

Attached is a pic of my daughter and I from 2000 ..... PS ... we want our Cheerios Bowl back :mad:
I'll welcome you D. Your post must have been missed over. ;)

Angelus
08-19-2004, 11:49 AM
this you Phil?

Yup. Can't you tell by the jersey? ;)

IPSCOgoose
08-21-2004, 03:59 AM
Hi all,

Another newbie posting for the first time, and daring to introduce themselves. Actually, I'm not a true "newbie" -- I believe I was a member when the site first started up last summer, but then my participation went by the wayside. And I moved. A long-time lurker on total-cfl (not much these days) and I catch up on 13thman.com when I can.

Anyway, I'm a lifelong Esks fan who grew up in Edmonton. U of A grad, southsider. One-time Esk season-ticket holder. I remember the days when the only seats you could get were row 70 in the expansion southeast corner from Safeway because there were 50,000 season ticket holders (and that was for, like, a Hamilton game). I've even seen a game in Clarke Stadium (OK, fine, it was a Golden Bears game). Yes, I'm a diehard Oil fan, too.

But I'm now living down Highway 2 in hated Cowtown. Don't worry, there's no chance any Stamper fan will ever convince me to ever convert. The only fans that would have stood even a remote chance (only because they're so persistant and they have such a blind love for their team) would've been 'Rider fans, but they were never ever close.

As I alluded to, I've lived elsewhere in the west -- all four provinces, in fact.

But it's nice to back within an easy drive of Commonwealth (looking forward to my first crack at a home Esks game this year Aug. 29th. Yay!). And I even have Labour Day off, so... :thup:

And now, a picture. So many Esk-related ones to choose from. Hmm... how about a Kay Stephenson-era classic shot? Hope it ain't too dark. Anybody guess which game? It's a notable one. The year should be easy to figure out, of course. :lol:

Looking forward to talking with you all.

http://cshl.0catch.com/ph/esksme.jpg

Tojo
08-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Anybody guess which game? It's a notable one. The year should be easy to figure out, of course.

October 18th, 1998. What was notable about it...it was just another run of the mill home game wasn't it?

IPSCOgoose
08-21-2004, 01:30 PM
That's the game.

'Twas the contest that saw David Archer get the boot for slamming a Lion into a table, and then proceed to kick an end zone marker and trade some "kind" words with a fan beside the kids section.

Lots of boos were headed Archer's way that game, with "We want Kemp!" and "We want Crandell!" chants sprinkled throughout.

You could definitely see Archer get more frustrated and flustered as the game went on, even though he passed for about 300 yards in a 31-7 loss.

That was the definite low-mark of that season (the loss left the Esks at 8-9), unless you count the Western Final, but we all knew what the result of that was going to be. :)

OK, maybe it wasn't so notable. But the whole Kay Stephenson-hiccup year has always sort-of fascinated me, a lot like Pete Kettela's cursed reign did.

Tojo
08-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Twas the contest that saw David Archer get the boot for slamming a Lion into a table, and then proceed to kick an end zone marker and trade some "kind" words with a fan beside the kids section.

Ah, now I remember. That was quite the year wasn't it? Remember Archer and Don Blair going at it? Great semi-final game against BC...with Kemp coming in late to toss the winner to Wiggins. But you're right, let's not speak of the western final that followed!

IPSCOgoose
08-22-2004, 01:07 PM
A measure of revenge, to be sure, that semi-final -- although it was a surprise to most.

Yep, the Archer/Blair dust-ups. Blair didn't have very many friends in the dressing room at the end of the season. Although he said a "black cloud" over that team helped grease the Blairmobile wheels to sign with B.C., I think his lip got him in the most trouble (he was sparring with Pless and the media, too, among others).

stamphater
08-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Hey Diesel, Are you by any chance like Jason Arnott's brother or something cause you bear a striking resemblance. :divide:

stamphater
08-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Ah, now I remember. That was quite the year wasn't it? Remember Archer and Don Blair going at it? Great semi-final game against BC...with Kemp coming in late to toss the winner to Wiggins. But you're right, let's not speak of the western final that followed!

I think that was the game that forever turned me into a die-hard. I remember jumping up and down in my basement looking like a looney. Can't imagine what my parents thought.

Amandeep
09-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Hey y'all.

I'm Amandeep, been an Esks fan for a long time. Alot of good times over the years, alot of good times...and some bad times.

I'm a first year University student....no idea what i'm gonna do.

My NFL team is the Eagles....Donovan is the man.

Anything else? just ask.

Here's my pic, best i could find.

cflnut
09-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Hey all CFLnut here.

Been a Eskimo fan all my life. The Riders are my second pick for a teem mostly cause my grandma was a Rider-Prider, and she taught me to love the CFL.

I'm 28, live in Edmonton. work as a Shipper / Reciver in a wearhouse. And am passing on my love for our game to my nephews.

Favorite saying "Better dead then Red". :lol:

Marty_Gades
09-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Some of you may know me from 13thman.com. I'm Marty and while I'm a Renegades fan, my favourite team in the West (hence my second-favourite team in the league) is the Eskimos. I've always respected the franchise and believe that it's the way a CFL franchise should be. Lots of players on teams past and present that are my favourites too (Gizmo Williams, Willie Pless, Tracy Ham, Damon Allen, Singor Mobley, etc.).

I really like the set-up here, guys. Very nice look. All the best to everyone here. Apologies that I don't have a pic with me. I need to upload a pic I have of me with the Grey Cup and a member of the 2002 champion Alouettes.

Diesel
09-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Hey Diesel, Are you by any chance like Jason Arnott's brother or something cause you bear a striking resemblance. :divide:

LMAO! No, not even close! For starters he's have to be Arnottchuk, or Arnottsky to be in the same ballpark. :D

Nanookster
09-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Hi folks,

Another newbie here. I have been posting all over the place as Nanook. I had heard about this site and finally took a look. Have I ever been missing out! :eek:

I'm a season ticket holder, born and raised in Edmonton. I joined the Airforce in 85. I was stationed in Edmonton for 12 years in three different Squadrons (Hercules, Twin Otter, Twin Huey's and Griffon). I now live in Cold Lake. I belong to a Hornet Squadron. I am set to retire in 402 days (but who is counting) and plan on an after degree at the U of A in Education. I plan on teaching high school science and I'll flight instruct during the summer months.

I have a wife and two small children with a third on it's way. My 8 year old daughter has been going to games since she was five. My wife rarely gets to go anymore.

I was Giz's escort last year when we took him for a Hornet ride. It was awesome! We had a BBQ for him at one of our houses and I got all of my bobbleheads signed. I took him on his seat course (how to get out in a hurry) and I strapped him in (the ankle stirrups almost didn't fit him). He had a blast. He truly is the fastest man in the CFL. We took him over Mach 1. :D

In 93 I was lucky enough to attend 18 Eskimo games including the Western Final and Grey Cup in Calgary. We just happended to have a Herc in just about every away game city that year. I felt very fortunate. I drove to the Calgary games.

I look forward to contributing to this site! :thup:

Tojo
09-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey, how about a flypast over Commonwealth Friday night?

Nanookster
09-08-2004, 04:01 PM
I hate it when we have to do flypasts at games. The last one over Commonwealth I almost had to work for it. I'd rather be in the stands.

Instead, "Burner" did a great flyby at Commonwealth. He was returning from a deployment in Comox.

The flypast at the Grey Cup was my Squadron. I can guarantee you that the fastest logo to streak down that field that day had an Eskimo logo on it. Both Hornets had Eskie stickers on the nose wheel well doors.

The funny thing is the lead pilot, "Guido", is an Al's fans. He didn't know I placed them there.

We also did "Canadian Fan Appreciation Day" in Buffalo last year. That one was fun (but not the game).

Hey, how about a flypast over Commonwealth Friday night?

Nanookster
09-08-2004, 04:03 PM
He could be one of Arnott's many children that he had while in Edmonton :lol:

KnuckleChucker
09-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Name is KnuckleChucker. I am a member of the Eskimos Fun Team (Guys who chuck the footballs when they score). So in advance let me apologize for not singling you out of the 50,000 other people and stop everything I am doing to give you a $3 football.

Now that that is out of the way I am a huge Eskies fan and love being at the games rain or shine to support the eskies.

Nanookster
09-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Get an arm! :D

Nanookster
09-09-2004, 10:59 AM
I should have asked this question in my last post.

Why don't you guys use the slingshot anymore? I know I was at a game in BC where I saw the guy fire balls into row one by accident.

It isn't because of the dumbass that fell off the upper deck is it? He fell two rows behind my seats. If the dumbass posts here I apologize for calling you a dumbass but you are one. :D

My kids have no chance at all for one of those balls anymore. A firefighter has come close to hitting row 31.

Name is KnuckleChucker. I am a member of the Eskimos Fun Team (Guys who chuck the footballs when they score). So in advance let me apologize for not singling you out of the 50,000 other people and stop everything I am doing to give you a $3 football.

Now that that is out of the way I am a huge Eskies fan and love being at the games rain or shine to support the eskies.

KnuckleChucker
09-09-2004, 02:17 PM
They had to ban the slingshot cuz you need some special insurance for tossing stuff into the second deck from the field for exactly that reason, and I guess it was too expensive.

And by the way I can chuck em pretty close to the top of the bottom deck and actually hit the concourse a few games ago. I am usually chuckin them on the West side from the track...

Which section are you in?

:thup:

Esks996
09-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Sec. I Row 17 Should be an easy lob for ya! :)

Opus
09-09-2004, 03:21 PM
How exactly did you get that gig anyway Knucklechucker?

KnuckleChucker
09-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Pure Dumb Luck.....

Thank the Football Gods!!!! (Too long a story for me to tell here)

But most of the kids on there get them because they are related or know the right person...

Opus
09-09-2004, 03:34 PM
So you have compromising photos of someone is what you're basically saying...:lol:

KnuckleChucker
09-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Perhaps....

But as long as I am on the team you will never know..... :D

Nanookster
09-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Section W.

They had to ban the slingshot cuz you need some special insurance for tossing stuff into the second deck from the field for exactly that reason, and I guess it was too expensive.

And by the way I can chuck em pretty close to the top of the bottom deck and actually hit the concourse a few games ago. I am usually chuckin them on the West side from the track...

Which section are you in?

KnuckleChucker
09-14-2004, 11:15 AM
Section W Row 31....consider it done.....

:D

stamphater
09-21-2004, 11:04 PM
He could be one of Arnott's many children that he had while in Edmonton

The only place you were safe during an Oilers PP when Arnott was on the point was directly in front of the net.

Mean Green
10-19-2004, 12:46 AM
Go by the handle Mean Green. 35yrs old and have spent them all bleeding Rider green. However, in the end it is about the CFL and some of the Eskimo fans I met last yr at Grey Cup were true classy ambassadors of their team and the Spirit of Edmonton hospitality room was a blast. :thup:

bomberpride
11-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Hey I know its a little late but im new here, and my favourite team is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, dont worry I don't hate the Eskies... I hate the Riders, so your all safe!

Sandy - Edmonton
11-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey I know its a little late but im new here, and my favourite team is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, dont worry I don't hate the Eskies... I hate the Riders, so your all safe!

It's never too late.

Welcome to this site :)

Eskies86
11-20-2004, 05:57 AM
Hey Everyone, I'm new here as well, I actually found out about this from someone who posted on Esks.com Message board, and I'm glad I took a extra moment to look up this place!
To tell you a little bit about myself(I'll post a pic soon) My name is Charmaine, I'm 27, born in Edmonton, moved away when I was 5 to that little city Northeast of here called Fort McMurray and just recently moved back to Edmonton 3 years ago. I've always been an Eskies fan, however hockey was my main choice of sport until I moved here and got Eskie season tickets and now I'm hooked on Football for life! I use to work for the Jr A hockey team in Fort Mac as an Ass't Manager and had the opportunity to witness first hand what it's like to be part of an organization to host and win a National Championship. I was studying to be an Athletic Therapist until I ran out of money, so I'm taking some time off from school and working and saving up some money. As far as cars go, i drive a 2004 Dodge SX 2.0 sport in that new flashy blue color and recently had the windows tinted with an OCC decal on the front window, so if you see me driving around the west end or downtown, feel free to wave or honk! My car is my baby and I'm slowly adding new things on to it, I think spinners are my next big buy! And my fav eskie player in Scott Robinson- why you ask? Because I think he has talent, and unforchantly hasn't had the chance to show it cause there is so much talent on the team already at that position. And he's a great guy off the field as well and I always like cheering for the underdog.

Muley69
11-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Great first post, Eskies86!

Worthy of some rep points.

Opus
11-20-2004, 11:09 PM
welcome to the site 86.........If you enjoy talking about Eskimos football, this is the place to do it. :thup:

Sandy - Edmonton
11-22-2004, 12:26 AM
1 post and 58 REP!!

esks4life
12-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Hi there. Im a 23 year old married guy from Regina, but I am definately the biggest Eskimos fan around this city. The Esks.com site is easily making me bored with immature comments about the Oline, the Dline, whether or not Ricky Ray will come back etc, etc. Ive heard good and bad things about this site and although its well after the season, Im only making my first post now. But heres to many more posts and getting along with many other fellow Eskimo fans. And last but not least heres to Grey Cup in 2005!!

Angelus
12-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Welcome to the site. :thup: Just out of curiosity, what bad things have you heard about our site here?

esks4life
12-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Well Im not sure if its bad things or not. But just basically people on esks.com have said that people on esksfans.com are lame and boring and repetitive. Plus if you even mentioned esksfans.com on that site it was erased. Im not going to bad mouth either site cause Im an Eskimo fan in general and any place you can talk about Eskimos football is alright with me.
Welcome to the site. :thup: Just out of curiosity, what bad things have you heard about our site here?

Angelus
12-20-2004, 09:51 PM
Lame, annoying, repetitive...all words I would use to describe esks.com. ;) :lol:

But in any case, I'm sure you'll find this site well worth your while.

Diesel
12-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Hi there. Im a 23 year old married guy from Regina, but I am definately the biggest Eskimos fan around this city. The Esks.com site is easily making me bored with immature comments about the Oline, the Dline, whether or not Ricky Ray will come back etc, etc. Ive heard good and bad things about this site and although its well after the season, Im only making my first post now. But heres to many more posts and getting along with many other fellow Eskimo fans. And last but not least heres to Grey Cup in 2005!!

Welcome aboard

Opus
12-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Welcome aboard......I imagine you'll get even get a warm reception from one of our moderators here who posts with the handle "Esks4Ever"....:lol:......chances are if you heard about this site on esks.com it was my fault, it is in my sig there so they can't scrub it...

I was really hoping when they started their board there that it would really just be another place where folks can get together to talk about the greatest team in the CFL, the Edmonton Eskimos....however, their loose moderation allows everything to degrade rapidly into something out of an elementary school hissy-fit....

If you want to talk Eskimos football then this is the place to find some really excellent commentary and ideas, we've got some of the best guys around and even if you think you know lots already, don't be surprised if you learn something new here....it happens to me all the time. (No wise-cracks from the peanut gallery)

esks4life
12-21-2004, 12:06 PM
Already I feel more welcome here in an hour then I did in 7 months on esks.com. Thanks folks. Also another thing I noticed that is better about this site is that threads and forumns actually talk about what the subject is. On esks.com if you said one thing wrong people were on your case and it turned into a verbal squalling and the topic went way off course. Kudos to keeping up an excellent site. :thup:

Diesel
12-21-2004, 12:30 PM
I would guess the average age of posters there is below 21.

MEEZY
12-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Welcome, Esks4Life!

May all of your posting experiences here be happy ones! :)

Esks4ever
12-21-2004, 08:25 PM
WHohoooo Welcome aboard E4L :)

Jedrock43
12-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Already I feel more welcome here in an hour then I did in 7 months on esks.com. Thanks folks. Also another thing I noticed that is better about this site is that threads and forumns actually talk about what the subject is. On esks.com if you said one thing wrong people were on your case and it turned into a verbal squalling and the topic went way off course. Kudos to keeping up an excellent site. :thup:

Great to have ya!!

You are gonna enjoy coming in here... :thup:

Joepritch2
12-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Plus if you even mentioned esksfans.com on that site it was erased.

Not surprising to me, I'm a part of a hockey fan site much like this one, if the name of our site is mentioned on the wild.com boards, that person might just get banned immediately at this point. Hey, it's not our fault our board is friendlier than theirs, it's just the way we are.

glenvb
12-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Hi all,

With the temporary demise of 13thman, I've wandered over here. I'm Glen (big surprise), 39 years old, graduated from the U of A in math (same as Muley!) back in 1986. I taught math at a small college in Edmonton from 1990-99, but took a job down here at a liberal arts college in Vermont and have been here ever since. Been cheering for the Esks ever since I was a kid, even during the dark years when I lived in Vancouver (1978-82, 1986-90), right next to the Lions' training facility. Boy I took some *poop* for being an Oiler/Esk fan. Married, three lovely kids. Really hard to find CFL info down here; thank goodness for SectionW's webcasts this year.

Diesel
12-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Good on ya for making it on over!

Nanookster
01-07-2005, 01:10 PM

Yes, I waisted some time their too.

What a bunch of yahoos!

Welcome. We need more Eskie fans.

Nanookster
01-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Hi all,

With the temporary demise of 13thman, I've wandered over here. I'm Glen (big surprise), 39 years old, graduated from the U of A in math (same as Muley!) back in 1986. I taught math at a small college in Edmonton from 1990-99, but took a job down here at a liberal arts college in Vermont and have been here ever since. Been cheering for the Esks ever since I was a kid, even during the dark years when I lived in Vancouver (1978-82, 1986-90), right next to the Lions' training facility. Boy I took some *poop* for being an Oiler/Esk fan. Married, three lovely kids. Really hard to find CFL info down here; thank goodness for SectionW's webcasts this year.

Another welcome!!

Vermont? I get down there once an awhile.

Jedrock43
01-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Hi all,

Hey Glenv---

My mother lives over in Holderness, New Hampshire- that's where her mailbox is but she actually lives with her husband over on the Little Squam Lake part of Lake Winnepesaukee... The movie On Golden Pond was filmed out on her part of the lake I get out there every couple of years. How close are you to Burlington? Next time I'm out hat way I'll swing by and buy you a coffee/tea..

Nice to see ya here!

Nanookster
01-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Hey Glenv---

My mother lives over in Holderness, New Hampshire- that's where her mailbox is but she actually lives with her husband over on the Little Squam Lake part of Lake Winnepesaukee... The movie On Golden Pond was filmed out on her part of the lake I get out there every couple of years. How close are you to Burlington? Next time I'm out hat way I'll swing by and buy you a coffee/tea..

Nice to see ya here!

Cool, celebrity tea!!!

Esks4ever
01-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Welcome aboard Glenvb :thup:

glenvb
01-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey Glenv---

Nice to see ya here!

Cool! Sorry for the delay; I was out of town at a conference. I'm in Bennington, which is a couple of hours south of Burlington. The good news is that we have the best diner in New England, bar none. If you ever pass this far south in Vermont, look me up and I'll take you there.

Really enjoyed watching you play, Jed! My claim to Eskimo fame is far milder... Sean Fleming was a student in my math class for about ten minutes, and a 10-minute Eskimo, Ed Kucy, took my computing class.

Nanookster
01-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Cool! Sorry for the delay; I was out of town at a conference. I'm in Bennington, which is a couple of hours south of Burlington. The good news is that we have the best diner in New England, bar none. If you ever pass this far south in Vermont, look me up and I'll take you there.

Really enjoyed watching you play, Jed! My claim to Eskimo fame is far milder... Sean Fleming was a student in my math class for about ten minutes, and a 10-minute Eskimo, Ed Kucy, took my computing class.

A school teacher! Good job.

That what I plan on doing when I retire from the military. I want to teach High School Science.

But I just decided to spend another year in. I wasn't ready to retire.

esklover
01-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Hello there,
I am a 30 year old, football fan. I was born and raised in Edmonton and was introduced to football at a very early age. I started going to games with my sisters in the Woodward's Knothole Gang and have never looked back.

Anyway, that is my story.

56Parkies
01-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey, all

I'm a 35-year old Eskimo fan since I was 6; former season ticket holder that has moved to Victoria, and is grateful that so many Eskie games are now broadcast on TV!

my username comes from my Eskimo football card collection; sort of my own personal "holy grail" as those cards are extremely hard to come by, as are most CFL cards in general! (anyone know where I can pick up a 1995 Jed Roberts card?!)

Yikes.. just caught a glance at my "time spent in forums".. guess it was about time for a first post. ;)

anyway, thanks to all the knowledgeable posters to make it fun to come on here and have a common love for Eskimo football and Rider bashing (Sorry, Lloyd!).

Cheers, and hope to chat with y'all later!

Mike

MEEZY
01-13-2005, 09:18 PM
A hearty welcome to both of you! :thup:

Esklover: nice to see another female poster!

56Parkies: I'm anticipating that the rest of your posts will be as good as your first one!

earl2
01-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Glad to have you both here! :thup:

Opus
01-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Hello there,
I am a recently turned 30 year old, SWF football fan. I was born and raised in Edmonton and was introduced to football at a very early age. I started going to games with my sisters in the Woodward's Knothole Gang and have never looked back.

Anyway, that is my story.:thup: you're right around the same age as I am.....if you started in the Woodwards Knothole gang then you were there under my dad's supervision, my sis and I used to go early with him and set up the ropes and signage before every game. :thup:

Jedrock43
01-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey, all

I'm a 35-year old Eskimo fan since I was 6; former season ticket holder that has moved to Victoria, and is grateful that so many Eskie games are now broadcast on TV!

my username comes from my Eskimo football card collection; sort of my own personal "holy grail" as those cards are extremely hard to come by, as are most CFL cards in general! (anyone know where I can pick up a 1995 Jed Roberts card?!)

Yikes.. just caught a glance at my "time spent in forums".. guess it was about time for a first post. ;)

anyway, thanks to all the knowledgeable posters to make it fun to come on here and have a common love for Eskimo football and Rider bashing (Sorry, Lloyd!).

Cheers, and hope to chat with y'all later!

Mike

Mike-

If you PM me your address i will send you a card from every year i played. (13 in all)

56Parkies
01-14-2005, 06:34 AM
A hearty welcome to both of you! :thup:

Esklover: nice to see another female poster!

56Parkies: I'm anticipating that the rest of your posts will be as good as your first one!

wow, no pressure or anything!! <lol> Thanks for the welcome.. Wish I had the knowledge most of the posters on here did, but I'll try and hold up my end of it!

56Parkies
01-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Mike-

If you PM me your address i will send you a card from every year i played. (13 in all)

Wow, thanks muchly, Jed! I just picked up the a few sets, but your cards were the only ones missing, since the seller gave them away to a school for children with hearing disabilities. Hard to fault him for that, needless to say!

Any other card collectors on the board?

Esks4ever
01-14-2005, 08:22 AM
:thup: you're right around the same age as I am.....if you started in the Woodwards Knothole gang then you were there under my dad's supervision, my sis and I used to go early with him and set up the ropes and signage before every game. :thup:

ahh the old Knothole gang thats where I too was introduced to Eskimo football as a wee lil' one :)

Diesel
01-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Wow, thanks muchly, Jed! I just picked up the a few sets, but your cards were the only ones missing, since the seller gave them away to a school for children with hearing disabilities. Hard to fault him for that, needless to say!

Any other card collectors on the board?

I don't actively collect but I did inherit (sort of) a goldmine of mid 50's hockey, baseball and CFL cards which I have in a very safe place. I own a 1960 Carl Yazstremski rookie card, 1957 all-star cards of Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, Don Newcombe, Roberto Clemente, and a bunch of others. The CFL ones are really cool to and about 90% are in great shape.

Opus
01-14-2005, 10:15 AM
I own a 1960 Carl Yazstremski rookie card, 1957

the one with the long sideburns (best Millhouse voice)

Opus
01-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Last edited by esklover : Yesterday at 07:57 PM. Reason: Changed my mind on putting up a pic....

don't be shy EL.......there are others with pics posted and no one has made fun of them yet......:lol: (except for Diesel - he's the one on the right.....or was it left :D)

On that note E4E.....yours is long overdue......you're the only mod that doesn't have one up.....

56Parkies
01-14-2005, 10:34 AM
I don't actively collect but I did inherit (sort of) a goldmine of mid 50's hockey, baseball and CFL cards which I have in a very safe place. I own a 1960 Carl Yazstremski rookie card, 1957 all-star cards of Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, Don Newcombe, Roberto Clemente, and a bunch of others. The CFL ones are really cool to and about 90% are in great shape.

Wow, that does sound like a goldmine, nice! :) I just collect Eskimo cards from the CFL sets, and pivotal games on VHS (just finally completed getting all 12 GC wins on tape). Fun way to look back at the great history of the team -- There are so many HOF'ers and future/SHOULD-be HOF'ers in that lineup it makes your head spin! (and yes, I agree with you Diesel; greatest CFL team EVER).

Diesel
01-14-2005, 10:44 AM
You get some rep. :D

Edmonton Fan
01-14-2005, 10:49 AM
I guess I should tell you all a little about myself.

I have been, shall we say, lurking? :) around the site for about a year now, and just recently I decided to register, and contribute to the conversations here. You all seem like very knowledgeable posters, and I think finding a message board on the net in this day and age with as many knowledgeable people as Esksfans.com has is a rarity.

I am a 25 year old, avid Edmonton Eskimo and Edmonton Oiler fan, I've been following these two teams for as long as I can remember. I also follow the NFL quite closely, Green Bay and Denver being my two teams of choice.

As for work, I am a pilot. I fly for a mid-sized private organization called Peace Air which is based out of Edmonton. We fly all over Alberta, sometimes making trips to northern BC and Nunavut or Whitehorse, I love my job and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, the pay is great too which is just a bonus for me. I have been flying for 6 years now, all with the same company but I am looking into other areas like Air Canada. I recently took Boeing 737-400 and Boeing 747-400 training and I must say I have an intense desire to fly one of these jumbo jet's be it internationally or just continental, either way it might happen with-in the next 5 months. Right now I am flying 3 different Learjet models, a Learjet 55, 24, and 25. The 55 is more of a passenger aircraft - suited for 14 passengers, where-as the 24 and 25 models are for Cargo delivery - suited for 4 passengers. I have fallen in love with the Learjet 55 though, the plane is an absolute joy to fly, I would fly it for free if they asked me to :) . I fly out of Edmonton Municipal Airport most of the time, so ofcourse when the talks of it being shut down were swirling around we were quite concerned.

I don't currently have a picture of myself on this computer, but I do have a couple pictures of the Jet's I fly every week.

Learjet 55 - My favourite mid-sized jet
http://www.meelireisid.ee/learjet55.jpg

Learjet 25 - Mostly for cargo
http://www.gloster.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/N309LJ1.jpg

I look forward to many interesting conversations in the near future with all of you. :)

Diesel
01-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Excellent, we know who's "drivin" when the Esks make their first road trip to the east coast! :D

Opus
01-14-2005, 11:23 AM
another Aviator....:thup:......someone else for Nanookster to talk to.....:D

Esks4ever
01-14-2005, 11:27 AM
On that note E4E.....yours is long overdue......you're the only mod that doesn't have one up.....

thats cuz I am a phantom, a spook, a spectre - or perhaps just plain undead :)

Naw the reason is i havcen't found a pic with me in it.. I am usually on the other side of the camera.. but i shall dig more :)

Jedrock43
01-14-2005, 11:55 AM
I just realized I don;t have one up either.

esklover
01-14-2005, 12:04 PM
I would rather send pics out on a request basis...if you would like one just ask.

Opus
01-14-2005, 12:37 PM
I just realized I don;t have one up either.you used to have yourself in your avy...........

Germany25
01-14-2005, 12:54 PM
I just realized I don;t have one up either.

somewhere on this board is one of you playing with a pylon....didn't Diesel post it???

Opus
01-14-2005, 01:03 PM
somewhere on this board is one of you playing with a pylon....didn't Diesel post it???ahhh yes......Jed the media whore! :lol:

Jedrock43
01-14-2005, 01:06 PM
ahhh yes......Jed the media whore! :lol:

And don't you forget it...

It's funny, even though I was born legally deaf I can hear a camera shutter click from 400 yards away with pinpoint precision...

It (media whoring) really is an artform...

lloyd
01-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Welcome to all the newbies... I'm a missing out on not flying planes and stuff? sure seems like it. anyways i look forward to examining every eskimo loss this season (could be a busy year).! ;) :D

Esks4ever
01-14-2005, 01:12 PM
ahhh yes......Jed the media whore! :lol:

Diesel
01-14-2005, 02:20 PM
And don't you forget it...

It's funny, even though I was born legally deaf I can hear a camera shutter click from 400 yards away with pinpoint precision...

It (media whoring) really is an artform...

Nothing wrong with being easy. (as long as you're not cheap :D )

56Parkies
01-14-2005, 02:54 PM
I would rather send pics out on a request basis...if you would like one just ask.

Something tells me you're going to have a full message box.. ;)

56Parkies
01-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Nothing wrong with being easy. (as long as you're not cheap :D )

sure.. NOW you tell me!

Diesel
01-14-2005, 03:06 PM
The smart ones figure it out, most of the others........well, wind up on Springer! :lol:

56Parkies
01-14-2005, 03:54 PM
The smart ones figure it out, most of the others........well, wind up on Springer! :lol:

Is that show even still on? You gotta figure it would be tougher to get people to go on the show..

Of course, there are millions of people below that Mason-Dixon line, aren't there.. :D

Diesel
01-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Nothing like watching Springer to make you feel real good about your own life!

stamphater
01-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Wow, after reading all these posts, I gotta say that this board friggin' rocks. Welcome aboard all newbies.

Sniper_Fire
02-01-2005, 10:13 AM
I totally missed this sticky when I first joined on here last week, so I guess I can give a little info about me to the group.
I am a 32 y/o former Edmontonian now living by a lake in southern AB who just quite simply cannot give up my love for the Esks (or the Oilers) because I live in the south end of the best province in Canada! :thup: I have been lucky enough to get a Master's In Sports Business Management at the U of A, took my undergrad in Michigan while playing university hockey, and have been employed in & around professional sports since the age of 27.
As for the picture, well, I have plenty of me, but I prefer my avatar - which happens to be my "killer attack weiner dog". He may only be 7 lbs, but he is a ball of teeth, fangs & fur when enraged (mostly at the sight of Rider fans). :lol:
Anyways, I'd just like to thank the operators of this board for having it & allowing me to use it. It is cool to see a place where Esk-fans congregate, contemplate, and debate all in the name of good fun. Long live the G & G!

Esks4ever
02-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Welcome Aboard Sniper ! :thup:

56Parkies
02-01-2005, 11:47 AM
welcome aboard, S_F! I've enjoyed your posts so far.. keep 'em up!

Mike

earl2
02-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Welcome Sniper Fire!! Glad to have you aboard!

GeeBrr
02-03-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm 23, been a die hard Bomber fan as long as I can remember with my parents having season tickets for a long time, and going to games with my uncle since I was real young, he taught me the ropes on being a Bomber fan.

Became cemented for life as a Die hard when I got to play a game at Winnipeg Stadium when I was a 11 years old and got to meet a bunch off players such as James West (all time favourite) Mike Richardson, Chris Walby, and others.

Haven't missed a game in years. Schedule work and school around it. Best place to spend a Spring to Fall day is at Canad Inns watching the Bombers.

Studying for my Lsat and applying to graduate schools for criminology and sociology.

TurfToe
02-20-2005, 09:21 AM
seems that my photos aren't up anymore... and I found this old gem from 'back in the day'. I'm on the left... too focused on trying to get on the field to look at the camera.

The other one is a bit more recent... with Clarence, the Attack Lobster!

TurfToe
02-21-2005, 10:21 AM
To be honest, I'm quite astounded that nobody has commented about my pix... oh well.

Diesel
02-21-2005, 10:28 AM
All I'm reminded of is that movie commercial from Cheech and Chong : Buggery On The High Seas :D

TurfToe
02-21-2005, 10:30 AM
All I'm reminded of is that movie commercial from Cheech and Chong : Buggery On The High Seas :D

Ha!!! too funny!! :thup:

Opus
02-21-2005, 12:00 PM
To be honest, I'm quite astounded that nobody has commented about my pix... oh well.actually I did make a Captain Ron comment......or were you waiting for something about the one wearing the hideous Black and Orange....:p

Opus
02-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Flying is a good analogy: muscle cars are fast by definition. They’re also a tougher and louder ride than today’s cars, says Jack Wojcicki, a principal at Recognition, a corporate communications firm based in Toronto, who is the proud owner of a 1967 Pontiac GTO convertible. “You get into the Goat, and even with 370 horsepower, and brakes and steering that aren’t as good as today’s, you still feel comfortable,” says Wojcicki, 40. “It’s controlled terror.”

There were 81,722 GTOs made in 1967, but Wojcicki’s is one of only 318 made with a bench seat, which adds to the car’s collectible value. A GTO convertible in tip-top shape can fetch more than US$50,000, but Wojcicki’s less-than-perfect car has been appraised at about $20,000. Still, it’s not too bad for a car he got in 1998 from his mom, who had bought it at an Edmonton car lot back in 1967.
nice article TT...

TurfToe
02-21-2005, 12:22 PM
nice article TT...

From Canadian Business Magazine... complete with a photo of me next to the car circa 1970.

It's mounted and on the wall at my place, along with one from the NPost and one from the Tor Sun. Between that car, my knowledge of bugs and the fact I do PR... I am the consumate media whore! ;)

TurfToe
02-21-2005, 12:23 PM
or were you waiting for something about the one wearing the hideous Black and Orange....:p

;)

Diesel
02-21-2005, 12:28 PM
I am the consumate media whore!

I think you're going to have to have a cage match with Jed on that one!

Jtuck09
02-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Hey Everyone
Im a 20 year old Eskimo fans who is currently attending Nait and taking Business.
I've been going to Eskimo games for 14 years now...ever since I was in kindegarden!!

I am currently single...so if any of you have single, cute sisters out there, sign me up!!..hehe
Love sports...hockey, baseball, football, basketball, tennis...you name a sport, I like it!
Still live with the parents which has its ups and downs...meh well...no rent to pay!!

Thats all I gotta say for now. I will post a picture later!!

earl2
02-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Hey Everyone
Im a 20 year old Eskimo fans who is currently attending Nait and taking Business.
I've been going to Eskimo games for 14 years now...ever since I was in kindegarden!!

I am currently single...so if any of you have single, cute sisters out there, sign me up!!..hehe
Love sports...hockey, baseball, football, basketball, tennis...you name a sport, I like it!
Still live with the parents which has its ups and downs...meh well...no rent to pay!!

Thats all I gotta say for now. I will post a picture later!!
Welcome! Glad to have you here! Sorry but both my sisters are married with children...

eskiez
02-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi my names Markus and im a 24 year old electrician. I was born and raised in Edmonton. My families had tickets in sectionS row 5 since commonwealth opened up and if any of you are near there give me a shout.

56Parkies
02-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Welcome, Markus! You've certainly won the award for most controversial Avatars in your short time here.. :lol:

Jtuck09
02-25-2005, 01:10 AM
Welcome! Glad to have you here! Sorry but both my sisters are married with children...

Cant win em all! :D

defend_tha_turf
02-25-2005, 02:16 AM
Hey whats up guys my name is Kevin and im only 19.... I live breathe and die eskimos... My family is carribbean so they dont get football that much so I usually just goto games with the girls and some of the boys.... I work at future shop so if you ever need a deal or watever just gimme a pm. Im currently at Nait taking business so Jtuck we should chill sometime. I cant explain how much I love this site... since I was 5 I have followed the eskies, and talking to people that dont know much about the Esks, CFL, or Football in general used to upset me in so many ways hahahahaha. but with this site Im always upto date and everyone knows what their talking about. I used to get in fights with people who said Flanders was a good coach... you were the first people I met that felt the same way I do. If anyone wants winston gone please gimme a shout. hahhaa yea im an idiot. tata

defend_tha_turf
02-25-2005, 02:18 AM
haha by the way I think Flanders sucks just to clarify...

esks13
03-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi, my name is Tyler, i am 18 yearsold , i have season tickets in section D row 3 seats 14-15 , ive had season tickets for 2 years now and dont count on ever giving them up :) . I am out of highschool for a year now and i am going to be going to Nait to become an electrician

KnuckleChucker
03-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Section D is a good section.......Bet you get a bunch o mini footballs there....

esks13
03-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Im not sure i was in section W last year.

EskiPhenom
03-10-2005, 01:32 PM
http://storage.msn.com/s1pZ8pl_R1n1zEZ2hmWIyZT0qLkDXHHI-k6qu-jK9cvSM5EqwAbLSt6JUSR-avplEp6h29mGxFzR2c3nH1xKdI8DQ/00.jpg?MdToken=2463633862696027

My real name is Jim (or Jimmy, Jimbo, James...I seem to have several names), Edmonton born and raised. (well I'm only 17 but still)

I swim for the Edmonton Keyano Swim Club at Kinsmen, and I'm seeing where it takes me (U of A only? :sigh: )

If any body has any questions, knock your self out

KnuckleChucker
03-10-2005, 01:38 PM
link no worky

Opus
03-10-2005, 01:39 PM
The link don't work for me Jim, but glad to have ya aboard none the less...

56Parkies
03-10-2005, 01:42 PM
you've got "http://" twice in the URL

fixed link (http://storage.msn.com/s1pZ8pl_R1n1zEZ2hmWIyZT0qLkDXHHI-k6qu-jK9cvSM5EqwAbLSt6JUSR-avplEp6h29mGxFzR2c3nH1xKdI8DQ/00.jpg?MdToken=2463633862696027)

Angelus
03-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Section D is a good section.......Bet you get a bunch o mini footballs there....
I got three last year. Section K, Row 22.

KnuckleChucker
03-10-2005, 02:02 PM
K is a good section too...In general the West side of the stadium is better...Although row 22 is starting to get out of range for most of the Fun Team....(Sad to say)

Opus
03-10-2005, 02:20 PM
K is a good section too...In general the West side of the stadium is better...Although row 22 is starting to get out of range for most of the Fun Team....(Sad to say)weak arms....next step is the cheer team holding pom poms :D :lol:

KnuckleChucker
03-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Not sure if some of them could even hold those pom-poms for very long....

Opus
03-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Not sure if some of them could even hold those pom-poms for very long....:rofl: :rofl:

Diesel
03-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Section Q has always been lively and a bit fiesty as well, I should know because our crew sits there and our mascots don't even like being there for the whole quarter! (can't take the abuse :D )

gizmo fan 2
03-10-2005, 04:26 PM
I got three last year. Section K, Row 22.

I only got two last year (Sec C, row 12)...but in the 2 years before that I got about a dozen. It was good stuff. :thup:

What area are you usually throwing to, KnuckleChucker?

KnuckleChucker
03-10-2005, 04:33 PM
I am usually on the west side close to section C or D...I wasn't chuckin as many the last few months of the season cuz I was helping run all the on field promotions...Which kept me a bit busier....

But when I did throw them I usually don;t throw to row 12...We have enough people that can throw them there...I usually try to get them as high as I can....

EskiPhenom
03-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Ya its gotten pretty sad at times. I'm in section H row 15 and they can't even make it up there....

gizmo fan 2
03-10-2005, 04:45 PM
I am usually on the west side close to section C or D...I wasn't chuckin as many the last few months of the season cuz I was helping run all the on field promotions...Which kept me a bit busier....

But when I did throw them I usually don;t throw to row 12...We have enough people that can throw them there...I usually try to get them as high as I can....

Cool. :thup:

If you do ever throw low, look for the big Esks flag in C, held by a green #2 jersey ;) :D ...amazing how I've learned to catch with one hand because of that flag :thup: .

Yeah, makes sense...I usually get mine from the girls that throw at B/C/D...their range is usually pretty good for my location :thup: .

KnuckleChucker
03-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Ya and those girls have been doin that for like 10 years.....So they better know how to chuck em by now...

gizmo fan 2
03-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Ya and those girls have been doin that for like 10 years.....So they better know how to chuck em by now...

They do get a good spiral on most of their throws, IIRC...a few are off somewhat, but those are usually the flips to the first few rows anyways.

KnuckleChucker
03-10-2005, 05:04 PM
I must admit I go with the end over end throw....Seem to be able to get a better throw off with those little guys when you don;t have to worry about the spiral...

gizmo fan 2
03-10-2005, 06:23 PM
I must admit I go with the end over end throw....Seem to be able to get a better throw off with those little guys when you don;t have to worry about the spiral...

Fair enough. I can usually get a great spiral off when I throw the minis :thup: ...but that could be due to the fact that I have relatively small hands (compared to most people, anyways).

esks4life
03-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Thought I would put up a pic. Maybe some of you have been curious, maybe not. But enjoy anyways.