PDA

View Full Version : Links to 'external stories'

TurfToe
03-28-2008, 03:21 PM
There has been considerable discussion re: posting of links with no info which has lead to some frustration. While we totally encourage posting threads of all sorts to encourage discussion - or laughs! (especially in the offseason) - there are a few things we'd like to ask:

1. Rather than just posting a link, please copy the first few sentences or paragraph and add that to the post. That way anyone who reads the thread can see if the want 'the rest of the story'.

2. Try not to put everything and anything that you find up as a new thread. Most of us do have Digg or Newsvine or some other news service so we tend to see a lot of the stories elsewhere. I'm not say to stop putting things up, just use a little discretion.

3. When posting an article or part of one, please ensure to include some credit info (author, source) and/or a link to the originating site.

Thanks!
the mods

glenvb
03-28-2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum

:D

glenvb
03-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Sorry Jack; couldn't resist! It's a video on how to behave in an Internet forum, by the way. Mentions E4E once or twice :)

Opus
03-28-2008, 03:39 PM
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum

:thup:

That's a beauty Glen

Inquiring Mind
03-28-2008, 03:50 PM
That is an awesome find glen... and I think the forum should be proactive in their approach to dealing with teenagers, and perma-ban Numberz!

Harsh perhaps, but it's for the good of all involved :p :lol:

Opus
03-28-2008, 04:03 PM
That is an awesome find glen... and I think the forum should be proactive in their approach to dealing with teenagers, and perma-ban Numberz!

Harsh perhaps, but it's for the good of all involved :p :lol:

:lol: I like the way you think sometimes IM.....:lol:

TurfToe
03-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey now... I'll stick up for 'Berz! The kid's o.k. in my books... compared to when he started on here! *shudder* Oh the horror of the 'what I had for lunch' thread! :eek:

;)

MotorSportsGord
03-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Hey now... I'll stick up for 'Berz! The kid's o.k. in my books... compared to when he started on here! *shudder* Oh the horror of the 'what I had for lunch' thread! :eek:

;)

And he had the nerve to criticize my salad dressing thread.http://www.esksfans.com/forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

TurfToe
03-28-2008, 04:19 PM
And he had the nerve to criticize my salad dressing thread.http://www.esksfans.com/forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

ummm... that's on topic... right? :heh:

:lol:

Numberz
03-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Regardless of half this thread making fun of me....I'm glad that hopefully I won't have to see 7 new threads every hour about random things with no description.

Inquiring Mind
03-29-2008, 01:17 AM
:lol: I like the way you think sometimes IM.....:lol:

What can I say?! Even a broken clock is right twice a day! ;)

Esks4ever
03-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Sorry Jack; couldn't resist! It's a video on how to behave in an Internet forum, by the way. Mentions E4E once or twice :)

I thought you had a video of something I did back when i was a bit younger :D

Esks4ever
03-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Just thought I'd bring this out :
Step 6:
Respect the Admins
It's their website, and they can do whatever the hell they like with it. You're a guest, and hassling them about how they run things is akin to going round your Auntie's house and curling one out in her tea-pot.

Swivel Hips
03-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Just thought I'd bring this out :
Step 6:
Respect the Admins
It's their website, and they can do whatever the hell they like with it. You're a guest, and hassling them about how they run things is akin to going round your Auntie's house and curling one out in her tea-pot.

Thanks for this, Adolph!

Cheers,

SH:lol:

esks4life
03-29-2008, 01:38 PM
:lol:

The post count thing was funny. I, of course, thought of E4E right away, because he is a better person than myself :p