PDA

View Full Version : New Posts link doesn't appear to be working

Rayminator
04-17-2008, 09:51 AM
I have no idea why, but whenever I clicked on the "New Posts" link it said there were no new posts, yet when I clicked on the link to look at posts from the last 24 hours, there were threads/posts created about 15 mins-2 hours today from the time I logged on. Anyone else have this problem?

MoneyGuy
04-17-2008, 12:22 PM
This has been happening to me on and off for a couple of years. I hit new posts after being away for a couple of days (I know there are new posts because the E4s can't go two hours let alone two whole days without posting) and it says there are no new posts. I reported it and was told it has to be a computer setting, I think, but I know that's not it. then the next timme I log on it's fine, but the time after that it might say no new posts again. I'd say it happens about a third of the time I log on. I live with it. Ity was fine just now when I logged on but I might log on tonight and it might be different.

Opus
04-17-2008, 12:29 PM
working just fine for me........

Esks4ever
04-17-2008, 12:32 PM
(I know there are new posts because the E4s can't go two hours let alone two whole days without posting)

I think i've posted 10 times in the last 4 days... so you might wanna re think that...:)

as for site probs.... I open my browser, use my bookmark and it shuts down my browser. I have t google eskfans and look for a thread that shows up in the google... and its been telling me 12 , 33, 18 new posts ....extremely low numbers when just weeks ago it'd be like 132 new posts....

I left it all day till this morning and it said there was only 18 new posts...

MoneyGuy
04-17-2008, 12:37 PM
working just fine for me........

That's my point. It doesn't happen to everyone and happens to me occasionally. Same computer, same everything and it can be different for me today than it might be next time I log in. Believe me, it is happening. I'm okay with it, as I said I live with it.

esks4life
04-17-2008, 12:56 PM
(I know there are new posts because the E4s can't go two hours let alone two whole days without posting)

This is my first post in 4 days so sit on it old man.

Inquiring Mind
04-17-2008, 12:57 PM
It happens to me every once in awhile... I imagine it's rooted in the cookies. 95% of the time there is no problem, but once or twice a month it'll happen to me... usually the first time I log in that day.

I suspect this guy might be the problem

http://dynamic-evolution.com/macros/cookiemonster.jpg

Steve Vale
07-07-2008, 12:26 AM
-

Rayminator
07-07-2008, 12:01 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii171/bafflegabber/spam_ad_1975_copy.jpg

Posting Spam jokes in what...15 threads now? Joke's getting a little old, don't you think? Mildly funny the 1st time; gets more than a little annoying after that.

Isn't spamming images of spam to everyone a bit hypocritical? Or are you just short of money this week? ;)

:scratch:

Steve Vale
07-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Posting Spam jokes in what...15 threads now? Joke's getting a little old, don't you think? Mildly funny the 1st time; gets more than a little annoying after that.

Isn't spamming images of spam to everyone a bit hypocritical? Or are you just short of money this week? ;)

:scratch:

sure - but the spammer at 1am last night posted out 15 threads of spam. Will edit accordingly.

Inquiring Mind
07-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah, there was a method to Stevie V's madness... this time... :p