PDA

View Full Version : More Site Probs....

Esks4ever
04-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Can anyone figure this out ?

If I follow my link at work ( IE 7 ) it'll go to esksfans, like its about to open then i'll shut down my brower. So in order to get onto here i have to google esksfans and click on a link that is a thread on here.

Also sometimes I'll be viewing threads and it'll freeze up my browser, then my entire PC. Happens almost every time ( also ) when I open up a link to another site ( happened today with Numburz' KK thread )

And at home on my mac, using safari, I'll click on my link and my firewall will say safari is trying to access a port, allow or deny.. I always denied it, and esksfans loads normally..

TurfToe
04-22-2008, 12:36 PM
The only thing I've figured out is another reason to stick with FireFox. ;)

Esks4ever
04-22-2008, 12:39 PM
well that was soo helpful :1: : p

TurfToe
04-22-2008, 12:40 PM
:lol: figured you'd appreciate that! ;)

PDO
04-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Solution to any PC problems that techs will tell you, in order:

#1. Firefox.
#2. NoScript.
#3. Buy a Mac.

Rayminator
04-22-2008, 03:46 PM

#1. Firefox.
#2. NoScript.
#3. Buy a Mac.

Somehow I have a feeling if you call tech support of Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. they won't tell you to buy a Mac....:lol:

PDO
04-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Somehow I have a feeling if you call tech support of Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. they won't tell you to buy a Mac....:lol:

I donno.

Any time I call anyone like that with any problem, all they really want to do is get rid of me ASAP.

That'd get the job done pretty quickly, no?

Esks4ever
04-22-2008, 03:56 PM

#1. Firefox.
#2. NoScript.
#3. Buy a Mac.

I've used firefox in the past and some of the site features aren't usable in firefox... but I might be tempted to go back...

what the hell is noscript

and I own a mac :D ( just not at work )

Party Time
04-22-2008, 07:04 PM
what the hell is noscript

It allows you to control all the background scripts that run when you visit pages. ie. blocks a lot of ads, cookies etc... You can control what it allows and what it blocks so there aren't too many problems...