PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see.......

Opus
06-10-2004, 02:14 AM
.......just silly musing by someone who should have been asleep hours ago......

I just can't help but wonder what this would do and if it would work........

At the moment we have two guys who can punch out 40-times in the 4.2 range.........stick Hervey and Landry on each side of a 5 receiver set, Mookie and Tucker cross at 15 yards and TV curls to the center at 5 - 10..........both burners run a fly route.........it would draw the DB's to the center to cover Mook & Tuck, the LB's would have to isolate on TV or a audible draw to Pringle........that leaves Hervey and Landry isolated in man against corners who can't match their speed.........Maas could send one out as deep as he can and have one of those two run under it, depending on which corner just sh!t his pants...........

.......anyone see a draw-back here?

Esks4ever
06-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Even though I'm not really thinking straight yet, I'd say landry's height, should Maas throw it too him.. but if Maas over threw it perhaps Landry can run under it? :)

Beerfish
06-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Would depend on the team I think. A blitzing team like the Als would bring big pressure and it might be tough to get the pass off unless he threw it on faith.

I do like the idea of more than one receiver going deep. As a matter of fact against a team that plays tons of zone I'd like to see teams send all 4 receivers deep.

Esks4ever
06-10-2004, 07:55 AM
Would depend on the team I think. A blitzing team like the Als would bring big pressure and it might be tough to get the pass off unless he threw it on faith.

Good Point

Opus
06-10-2004, 08:14 AM

Good Pointthen you audible and draw pringle........

Diesel
06-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Protection is the key. As for drawing Pringle one of the blitzing LB's would be responisble for picking up Pringle.

Opus
06-10-2004, 08:35 AM
there is always the hot-route to TV........

Jedrock43
06-11-2004, 05:28 PM
.......just silly musing by someone who should have been asleep hours ago......

I just can't help but wonder what this would do and if it would work........

At the moment we have two guys who can punch out 40-times in the 4.2 range.........stick Hervey and Landry on each side of a 5 receiver set, Mookie and Tucker cross at 15 yards and TV curls to the center at 5 - 10..........both burners run a fly route.........it would draw the DB's to the center to cover Mook & Tuck, the LB's would have to isolate on TV or a audible draw to Pringle........that leaves Hervey and Landry isolated in man against corners who can't match their speed.........Maas could send one out as deep as he can and have one of those two run under it, depending on which corner just sh!t his pants...........

.......anyone see a draw-back here?

Defenses would just dime this set up with another db so the mismatches wouldn't be as bad and play a deep cover three.