PDA

View Full Version : Yorks picks

Esks4ever
06-15-2004, 12:36 PM
OK we all know York is a moron.. but come on... What is he f-ing smoking

Marty sez: First game of the season and I'm already asking: Could this be a prelude to the 2004 Grey Cup game? I believe both of these teams are strong enough to finish atop their divisions, but I also think the Roughriders could win the Grey Cup this season. The Roughriders' offensive line is dominant, which means plenty of time for Nealon Greene to pass and plenty of holes for Greene and Corey Holmes to find. And it usually takes Damon Allen a couple of games before he gets himself psyched up.
Take Saskatchewan plus the 3 points.

and

Marty sez: It's the Grey Cup rematch already, but the Alouettes get the Eskimos without Ricky Ray (NFL) and on their home turf, where they're awfully tough to beat. Moreover, Don Matthews won't be doing anything too stupid this game, like starting a couple of raw rookies at cornerbacks. I can see Anthony Calvillo, Ben Cahoon and Jermaine Copeland having some fun in this one. Take Montreal minus the 3 points.

Man he's allready bad mouthing our D..Mobes ain't gunna like that

Opus
06-15-2004, 12:55 PM
It is better to be thought a fool and keep your mouth shut than to open your mouth and remove all doubt............I doubt Marty has ever heard this adage. :lol: :lol:

Angelus
06-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Calvillo's going to eat our D alive. Sorry, but with Marsh at safety and Garret not playing...Cahoon and Copeland will have field days...

Marty's right.

lloyd
06-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Marty's right.

how painfull was that to say.

Opus
06-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Phil is obviously a glass is half empty kinda guy......I think the Esks are in tough in this game (molson is a tough venue on us) but it won't be easy for AC, being pessimistic about Marsh and Burke going off of last weeks performance would be really easy, I personally have lots of faith in the 10 other guys who know how to get the job done....I don't think there will be a lack of motivation on either sides of the ball for this one considering the result the last time we played......

Game always comes down to who wins the battles in the trenches, I'll take our D-Line over their O-Line in that battle......

Esks4ever
06-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Calvillo's going to eat our D alive. Sorry, but with Marsh at safety and Garret not playing...Cahoon and Copeland will have field days...

Marty's right.

How many shots did you have to down before you could bring yourself to say that ? :Flip_ani:

Angelus
06-15-2004, 04:56 PM
I don't have that big a problem with York. Yeah, he's an idiot and a lot of what he says is crap. But at least he's somewhat entertaining and brings publicity to the CFL.

And he's not wrong all the time. He was almost dead on with his season predictions last year. He did pretty well in individual games against the spread (I dare you to try it and see how you do).

He was right about Avery, cutting Mitchell, etc. I think he'll be right here...if Calvillo passes for under 400 yards I'll be rather surprised...

MEEZY
06-16-2004, 01:02 AM
Well, it looks like Marty's 0-1 so far this year... :lol:

But then again, so am I :(

mobes27
06-16-2004, 05:41 AM

Marty's right.

garret is playing and marsh is picking up the d very well, so i don't think they'll be eating our d alive thank you very much.

Esks4ever
06-16-2004, 07:42 AM
I'm glad to hear that Marsh is picking up the D better now...and its even greater news that garrett is playing.....Kick some ass Mobes!! :thup:

Angelus
06-16-2004, 11:07 AM
garret is playing and marsh is picking up the d very well, so i don't think they'll be eating our d alive thank you very much.

Well if that's the case, then I take it back. We shall see.

Opus
06-16-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm glad to hear that Marsh is picking up the D better now...and its even greater news that garrett is playing.....Kick some ass Mobes!! :thup:
:thup: :thup: :thup: I'll echo that!!!!! Kick some ass Mobes!!