PDA

View Full Version : some questions

Esks4ever
06-19-2004, 08:00 PM
In quick reply mode theres no place you can quote selected text and no way to enlarge the text too....

also where is the quote selected text in the reply ?

Angelus
06-19-2004, 08:05 PM
In quick reply mode theres no place you can quote selected text and no way to enlarge the text too....

also where is the quote selected text in the reply ?
The quick reply mode is limited. That's just the way it is. You can quote an entire message by clicking the "QR" button...it will not show up until you post. The only way you can enlarge font or change styles is if you know the BBCode. If you want to do any of that, use the reply button.

Esks4ever
06-19-2004, 08:12 PM
all righty... i just guess i wont be as lazy as I'd like ;)

Opus
06-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Sorry to bug Phil.........it seems that the session length is still too short or something, I can make a few posts in one forum and then when I back out through each individual link at the top or bottom the other forums are marked read........I usually have to look at the date/times of the last posts in a thread to tell if I've read it or not..........anyone else the same way?

Angelus
06-29-2004, 03:07 PM
Yes, the read/not read thing isn't perfect. The best way I find to do it is to read all the topics in one forum. For instance, read all the Edmonton Eskimos ones, then make sure you click on the Edmonton Eskimos link at the top to show all the threads as read. Then when you click esksfans.com to bring you back to the main page, that forum should be marked read.

There's no way to fix this as this capability just isn't incorporated into vBulletin. As I mentioned earlier, they're working on fixing it in the future.

Opus
06-29-2004, 03:28 PM
yeah......I'll back right out into the sub-catagories.....it is the most effective way I've found to mark them as read, but the problem is even if you do it right and hit every sub-section on the way back to the main forum page there are some that are being marked as read that you haven't hit (I've found if you don't shortcut right back to the main page that this works very well).......is it because the session is timing out now?

Angelus
06-29-2004, 03:41 PM
yeah......I'll back right out into the sub-catagories.....it is the most effective way I've found to mark them as read, but the problem is even if you do it right and hit every sub-section on the way back to the main forum page there are some that are being marked as read that you haven't hit (I've found if you don't shortcut right back to the main page that this works very well).......is it because the session is timing out now?
Can't be. The only way the session times out is if you are inactive (no clicking on any links) for 3 minutes.

Opus
06-29-2004, 03:53 PM
:lol: thanks.......that explains alot.......I do occasionally have to minimise the screen when someone comes into my office :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Esks4ever
06-29-2004, 04:46 PM
:lol: thanks.......that explains alot.......I do occasionally have to minimise the screen when someone comes into my office :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hear ya...or i'll have the work program open and up in the background and just alt tab back and forth :)

MoneyGuy
07-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I've noticed that after our screen names are coloured balls, green and purple. Does purple indicate mods and administrators, while green indicates the rest of us?

Edmonton Fan
07-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Red you mean? That would be invisible mode, I'm guessing?

Delorean
07-03-2005, 01:59 PM
I've noticed that after our screen names are coloured balls, green and purple. Does purple indicate mods and administrators, while green indicates the rest of us?

The green ball indicates the user is online while the purple means they're not :)

Delorean
07-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Red you mean? That would be invisible mode, I'm guessing?

Red? What the heck have you been drinking...and can I have some? :lol:

Edmonton Fan
07-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Oh, that's a purple ball... I thought it was blue. :lol:

Edmonton Fan
07-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Red? What the heck have you been drinking...and can I have some? :lol:

Well, let's see.. in user control panel there is an option for invisible mode... let's see what color my balls... er ball is. :D

Delorean
07-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Well, let's see.. in user control panel there is an option for invisible mode... let's see what color my balls... er ball is. :D

:lol: You're already seeing blue balls so logic dicatates... :p

Evil Dr. Len
07-03-2005, 03:34 PM
blue balls...tee hee hee

MoneyGuy
07-03-2005, 03:53 PM
blue balls...tee hee hee

Only in January. :D

MEEZY
07-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Just to clarify:

Green indicates that the user is online
Blue (or purple, if that's what you call it) indicates that the user is not currently online
Red with a blue circle around the edges indicates invisible mode

Edmonton Fan
07-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Guys get that? Blue balls means the user is offline.. :D

esks4life
07-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Just to clarify:
Red with a blue circle around the edges indicates invisible mode
If this is the case then wouldnt the person be visible? They would just have a different colour beside their name and people would still know they were online. Not that it matters to me or anything.

MEEZY
07-03-2005, 09:51 PM
If this is the case then wouldnt the person be visible? They would just have a different colour beside their name and people would still know they were online. Not that it matters to me or anything.

If you're logged on, you can see an invisible person (an asterik appears after their name in the "Who's Online" box), but if you're a just a guest, you cannot. At least I think that's the way it works... :confused:

TurfToe
07-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Good grief! Blue balls (ow!), Green balls (eww!), Red balls (been shaving again?) ... and now an online Box? :dev: