PDA

View Full Version : Carter wants out

Esks4ever
07-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Not to often i post about basketball... but...

Report: Carter asks Raptors for a trade

TSN.ca Staff with ESPN files

7/1/2004

It appears that Vince Carter wants out of Toronto.

ESPN reports that that Carter has asked the Raptors to trade him.

According to a league source, Carter is not happy with the hiring of Rob Bab**** as the Raptors' new general manager nor with the selection of Rafael Arajuo with in last week's NBA draft.

"He wants out desperately," the source told ESPN. "He doesn't like the direction of the team."

The source also told ESPN that Carter has presented several different trade proposals to the Raptors, though the team has not granted Carter permission to seek a trade. Bab**** has previously said that the team has no plans to trade Carter. The Raptors, who do not discuss trade rumours and reports, were unavailable for comment.

Carter has three years plus an option for a fourth left on his contract, which will pay him approximately $12.6 million US this coming season.

Amid rumours and swirling talk of discontent, Bab**** sat down with the superstar last month for an hour-long discussion. The Raptors GM has insisted since he was hired June 7 that he wants to build the team around Carter. "What I stressed to Vince is let's get the chance to know everybody and find out what they're about and let's work forward, find out what happens," Bab**** said.

"It was a very, very good conversation. Vince for whatever reason has things that have gone on over his career. I'm not worried about that. I said, `Vince, this is what we are, this is what we're going to do.'

"We had a very good talk about our philosophy and what we plan on accomplishing here. My feeling leaving the conversation is that we are on the same page as far as basketball philosophy. He feels what's important are the same things I feel are important. To me, that's a very good start."

At the end of the regular season, Carter told reporters that he didn't want to be traded away from the Raptors.

"I'm prepared for it," he said at the annual team wrapup. "At the same time there's not a way you can prepare for that. Just hold my head up high and know what I can do. And be as it may.

"I just have to do my job, wherever it's going to be. I don't think about it because I'm pretty confident in my ability and what I've done, not only for the team but for the city."

The Raptors finished with a 33-49 record and missed the playoffs for the second consecutive season. Carter led the team in scoring, averaging 22.5 points per game. Carter missed nine games this season and the team went 0-9 without him.

how about Shaq? :) :D

Opus
07-02-2004, 07:15 AM
what can you say........there has always seemed to be a soap opera around VC......

Esks4ever
07-02-2004, 07:35 AM
Uh, that's great? :zzz: :zzz: :scratch: :confused: :confused: :zzz: :zzz:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Touche' I see yer getting me back for my comment on yer post about Lalime ,or how ever you spell it, being traded ;)

Esks4ever
07-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Yep.. :D

ahh hell thats worth some rep points :)

Esks4ever
07-02-2004, 10:14 AM
*sigh* gotta spread more around again... take a raincheck ? :D

Diesel
07-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Don't let the door hit his ass on the way out......he might get hurt again.