PDA

View Full Version : cross-over playoff spot

the_shadow
07-09-2004, 11:10 PM
I heard the other day that the 4th place team in the East can cross over into the West playoffs if their record is better than that of the 3rd place West team. Is this accurate?

I thought the rule allowed for only West teams to cross over to the East, in as a way to make up for the imbalance in the number of teams between the two divisions.

Angelus
07-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Cross-over works both ways.

the_shadow
07-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Cross-over works both ways.

Well, I guess that's fair.

What do you suppose the odds are that the East crosses over into the West this season?

If the playoffs started today, that would be the case, with the 1-2 Argos having a better record than the 3 teams tied at 1-3 for 3rd in the West. I somehow don't think that will be the case come November, though.

Still, at the same time, I think this will be the first time since the advent of this rule that the West does not cross over.

Angelus
07-09-2004, 11:31 PM
Well, I guess that's fair.

What do you suppose the odds are that the East crosses over into the West this season?

If the playoffs started today, that would be the case, with the 1-2 Argos having a better record than the 3 teams tied at 1-3 for 3rd in the West. I somehow don't think that will be the case come November, though.

Still, at the same time, I think this will be the first time since the advent of this rule that the West does not cross over.
I don't think it will happen. Anything's possible, but I think you'll see 3 from each division.