PDA

View Full Version : The Als eggs all in one basket (Calvillo the chicken)

Kaptain
07-13-2004, 09:55 PM
I fondly remember back about 3 years when the Als came screaming out of the gate like they usually do only to lose Calvillo at the midway point of the season. If memory serves me correct they lost 8 in a row at the end. Now at this present moment they are in the same precarious situation. For a team that yaps off at the mouth about how great they are they sure don't have a contingency plan. It's no wonder that Calvillo plays like the biggest chicken _ _ _ _ I have ever seen. I mean, he starts to run for a few yards when his receivers are all covered and then goes into his little feet first hook slide 8 yards before he encounters the oppositions jersey. What a gutless way to play. I look at virtually every other QB in the league and if they need a few extra yards for a first down they go for it. But not the faint hearted little Allouette's QB. I mean, he might break a finger nail. I'll go on the record right now and say that the Als are not going to make it out of the East this year. I mean...they didn't really deserve to get out of it last year but officiating can do that.

Angelus
07-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Their defence is insane. They'll make it out of the East and could easily win the Cup.

Angelus
07-13-2004, 10:07 PM
I didn't mean they would win it easily. I simply meant that IMO they are the favorite.

Andrew
07-14-2004, 12:46 AM
It will be tough to stop the Als, especially if there defence plays like they have been all year.

Opus
07-14-2004, 09:17 AM
There are far too many things that can happen to ANY team between now and November, it is fine to call out favorites (as the Al's certainly must be right now), but understand that one or two injuries in this league can make even the best teams fall on their faces.