PDA

View Full Version : Late hits...

Esks4ever
07-15-2004, 06:42 AM
LATE HITS: In Sean Fleming's absence, rookie defensive back Maha Atogwe handled the punting duties during yesterday's practice ... If McGrath isn't on the 40-man roster this week, he'll be on the one-game injured as Higgins won't risk losing the lineman from the practice roster ... Dorian Boose (abdominal strain) and Kelvin Kinney (groin) are no-gos for Saturday against Hamilton. Defensive linemen Jabari Issa and DeMoine Adams are both vying to draw in instead.

Man Kinney and Boose out... that hurts..

Muley69
07-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Man Kinney and Boose out... that hurts..

I don't know that you NEED a great pash rush against the TiCats... Danny Mac usually throws so quickly that getting to the QB before he throws is nigh impossible.

And considering that Davis is their running back, and he ain't exactly lighting up the league right now, I'm not so worried about a weakened D Line.

Esks4ever
07-15-2004, 07:58 AM
only prob is , if McManus gets time to throw he is very capable of picking apart any secondary... and our first couple games when we didin't have the usual starters in , we got no pressure what so over. I'm not sold on Adams, or Issa..So it'll be up to Reese and Jeanty .

Beerfish
07-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Reese is solid in the middle but it does hurt to be without Boose and Kinney. We need to get the line healthy, the bye week should help alot.

Diesel
07-15-2004, 09:30 AM
I'd like to see Adams get a shot. We already know what Issa brings, (no screamin hell yet) and Adams get's to the QB quick. Turn him loose on McUseless!

Esks4ever
07-15-2004, 09:34 AM
has Adams even played yet ? :scratch:

Diesel
07-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Just pre season

Beerfish
07-15-2004, 09:35 AM
I like the little hand quiver Adams has on his outside hand before the snap of the ball.....unnerves those opposing tackles. :D

ABC
07-15-2004, 01:02 PM
We got a lot of pressue against B.C. with Mobley and Grant coming from the outside. I think we'll be fine against the Ti-Cats even without Boose and Kinney.

Sandy - Edmonton
07-16-2004, 12:13 AM
Kinney didn't play last game either.

With Jeanty forcing 2 fumbles, 1 sack, and 3 tackles against BC, I'm not overly concerned.

Abdullah better pick up his play, because when Kinney plays on the 30th against Winnipeg, he could be the one on the one game injured list.

Looking forward to see how Adams plays. I don't know how the Esks can insert Issa in though, without taking another import off last week's roster. Issa hasn't impressed me much.

Beerfish
07-16-2004, 07:55 AM
"Abdullah better pick up his play, because when Kinney plays on the 30th against Winnipeg, he could be the one on the one game injured list."

I agree with this, I thoiught Abdullah was going ot have a break out year this year upping his sack total and being more of a force. One thing he is really skillful at is coming down the line hard and tackling backs from behind who run to the opposite side.