PDA

View Full Version : Timeouts

Esks4ever
07-19-2004, 10:35 AM
When I log in and check for new posts there is generally quite a few to read.. and when I reply to one i click on the check new posts and go thru the list, but if theres a post I reply to with a long reply,and click new posts, its empty except for the post I just made...

is there anyway of making the timer go a bit longer? Just now I posted a long post, and I lost the 6 other new threads cuz I took to long..also happens if you take to long in reading the posts...?

Angelus
07-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Yes, again the timeout is 3 minutes. If you are inactive for that long, that's what will happen. How long do you think it should be? 4 minutes? 5 minutes?

Esks4ever
07-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Yes, again the timeout is 3 minutes. If you are inactive for that long, that's what will happen. How long do you think it should be? 4 minutes? 5 minutes?

So typing is considered innactive ? :) I'd say 5.. sometimes longer when at work :lol:

Angelus
07-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Active is whenever it interacts with the server. Typing does not interact with the server. ;)

I'll change it to 5 and we can try that for a bit.

Esks4ever
07-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Active is whenever it interacts with the server. Typing does not interact with the server. ;)

I'll change it to 5 and we can try that for a bit.

ahh ok , now I understand