PDA

View Full Version : Removal of a "misleading program"

Esks4ever
09-27-2009, 01:29 PM
I got a call from my father.. it seems his computer has got the "totalsecurity" virus/misleading program/spyware thing.

I read up on it on the net, and it sounds like it can become a major problem...

Damn thing is I can't figure out how to get rid of it.... Norton 360 finds no problems at all...

how the hell do I get rid of this

Numberz
09-27-2009, 02:05 PM
when in doubt.....format.

MoneyGuy
09-27-2009, 10:57 PM
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-total-security

Inquiring Mind
03-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Tell your dad to stop downloading the pr0n

Esks4ever
03-09-2010, 11:24 PM
he doesn't do that.. not to bad to relive an old thread.. he clicked on a popup ..

glenvb
03-18-2010, 10:06 AM
I just received some spam, claiming to detect and remove spam, in a PM from this site, from a TDavidman. It seems the mods have already banned this user.

But it should probably be warned that the "service" he is promoting in that email is likely similar to the pernicious software that E4E's dad was afflicted with.

Do NOT click on the link in that PM, if you get it.

CatsEyes
03-20-2010, 08:30 AM
I just received some spam, claiming to detect and remove spam, in a PM from this site, from a TDavidman. It seems the mods have already banned this user.

But it should probably be warned that the "service" he is promoting in that email is likely similar to the pernicious software that E4E's dad was afflicted with.

Do NOT click on the link in that PM, if you get it.

Yeah I got it too. SURE I'll click on a link in a pm from a poster I don't know-might be fun! ;) As a matter of fact, I think his pm worked-I detected his message as spam as soon as I saw it, and I didn't even NEED his service!