PDA

View Full Version : BC vs Ottawa thread

Esks4ever
08-06-2004, 09:41 PM
This looks like it could be a barn burner..

Esks4ever
08-06-2004, 09:43 PM
UGH... the commentors are so stupid... they keep going on about how good Printers is doing - and he is doing well.. but they say he is 6 for 6 , execpt for the fact his first throw was incomplete by 5 yards...and they made a big deal about that miss, because the next throw was a long bomb td toss...

And normally TSN's commentators are good...

:mad:

Esks4ever
08-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Jeeze they're stupid.. finally he tosses another incompletion and they say his fist incompletetion.. even though the panel showed the real first incompletion..... I need a beer :D

Angelus
08-06-2004, 09:47 PM
I missed the beginning so I thought maybe that first one had been wiped out by a penalty or something...

Esks4ever
08-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Nope it wasn't... he tested them deep on the first play, then on the second play he got it right with a huge bomb

Angelus
08-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Ottawa almost had four sacks in a row there...

And Printers had a lot of time on 3 of them...

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 12:21 AM
BC

Opus
08-07-2004, 12:37 AM
I really like Printers (this kid could be the real deal) but I wish they would stop the Warren Moon comparissons......his arm doesn't come close to Moon, and even though Warren was a good open field runner if he had to be, he was a pure pocket passer (IMO the best pocket passer of all time), CP is a far better scrambler. Moon's throws were like a missle when he reached back and fired them (and he broke many a defenders and recievers fingers), but the real beauty was in his deep ball...a spiral as tight as a nuns ass, I have never seen a prettier ball thrown than Warren's.
IMO the closest resemblance to Moon in Spurgeon Wynn, he's got a great arm and throws a very pretty ball with a good tight spiral. Printers reminds me more in stature and ability of Marcus Crandell (when he was on his game), slightly above average arm, and good mobility.

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 12:52 AM
a spiral as tight as a nuns ass,

You had an odd childhood didn't you :lol:

Marcus Crandell (when he was on his game),

Was he ever on his game ?

Opus
08-07-2004, 01:08 AM
he won a GC mvp award.......

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 02:22 AM
he won a GC mvp award.......

OK so he had one good game :)

MEEZY
08-07-2004, 11:52 AM
I agree about the TSN commentators; I did notice that they omitted his first deep ball incompletion when giving his statistics. Also, they said that he'd "struggled" for part of the game. How do you struggle when you throw for 500 yards?? If they mean he cooled down, yes, he did do that. Not every play is going to be a long bomb TD :confused:

Another thing that I wanted to bring up is his injury. Obviously, that was also part of his ineffectiveness (?) in the third quarter, as it eliminated the possibility of his running, which is clearly an integral dimension to his game. The BC O-line was brutal in the second half, and I've never seen a QB who could dodge so many potential sacks. The Rens basically had a free pass into the backfield on many of those plays, which is yet another reason for the (temporary) struggles.

It would be too bad to see him injured, or at least somewhat hampered, because if this guy is 100%, look out.

On the whole, it was a great game. I love seeing offensive fireworks! :thup:

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Printers is pretty impressive.... I didn't know he got injured.. what happened to him ?

Opus
08-07-2004, 12:45 PM
looked like he hurt his toe.......thry're hoping it doesn't develop into turf-toe.......Man, did Ottawas secondary look like crap last night.