PDA

View Full Version : Comment from N.Y. Jets training camp...

Beerfish
08-07-2004, 06:53 PM
This is from their scrimmage against the N.Y. Giants earlier today (Saturday)

"In the battle for the #2 quarterback, Ricky Ray again outshined Brooks Bollinger. Bollinger was again erratic, being off target on several of his passes and getting intercepted by Giants rookie LB Reggie Torbor. Ray, moved the offense fairly well and highlighted his performance with a nicely executed flea flicker TD to TE Mikhael Ricks."

Muley69
08-07-2004, 08:07 PM
I hope he does exceptionally well...it just looks good on the CFL.

Angelus
08-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Anyone here hoping for Ricky to fail?

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Topic moved.....

Angelus
08-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Could have stayed in the Esks forum... ;)

Are you so bored you just needed something to do??

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Anyone here hoping for Ricky to fail?

Yes and No. I still miss having him as an Esk,but we haven't really missed a beat with Maas, and I do want him to do well in the NFL, it brings more exposure to the CFL , and the Edmonton Eskimos.

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Could have stayed in the Esks forum... ;)

Are you so bored you just needed something to do??

Well i thought about it.. and since he isn't an Eskimo...but then again he is eskimo property.... :confused:

Actually I just wanted to show ya I do do my job when i see things that could be done :lol:

Angelus
08-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Yes, but mods can also be fired for not properly doing their job... :lol:

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Yes, but mods can also be fired for not properly doing their job... :lol:

awww hell :)`

Angelus
08-07-2004, 09:35 PM
awww hell :)`
I don't have a response to this, so I'm just going to say: Dude, lose the avatar already!

MEEZY
08-07-2004, 09:38 PM
I saw that article as well. I hope that if Ricky does make it, he makes it as a second stringer. If not, I'd rather have him come back here. My worst case scenario is that he makes it as a third stringer down there... :(

MEEZY
08-07-2004, 09:51 PM
I don't have a response to this, so I'm just going to say: Dude, lose the avatar already!

Yeah, that's kind of bugging me too... :(

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Whats wrong with the Avatar ?

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Its not horrible.....Its a wicked movie series with a creppy dude :)

MEEZY
08-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Doesn't everything bug you FF? ;) :)

What are you talking about? I'm the most easy going person on here.. ;)

MEEZY
08-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Its not horrible.....Its a wicked movie series with a creppy dude :)

I love the movies myself, but Freddy's face isn't exactly the easiest thing on the eyes... :(

However, this thread is supposed to be about Ricky Ray, so let's not stray off topic again... :D

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 10:04 PM
I love the movies myself, but Freddy's face isn't exactly the easiest thing on the eyes... :(

There happy ? :)

MEEZY
08-07-2004, 10:07 PM
There happy ? :)

As long as your new avatar isn't trying to insinuate something about me... ;)

Now back to the topic... :)

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 10:14 PM
What is the topic again?

I dunno its on page 1 :lol:

MEEZY
08-07-2004, 10:17 PM
I dunno its on page 1 :lol:

It was Ricky Ray! :rolleyes:

You changed your Avatar again? :eek:

Esks4ever
08-07-2004, 10:22 PM
It was Ricky Ray! :rolleyes:

You changed your Avatar again? :eek:

Yep...didn't like the suck one...didn't "feel " it...

Opus
08-08-2004, 12:28 AM
leave it to me to bring this back to topic.. :rolleyes: :D ......I'm glad to see RR do well, never a doubt in my mind that he can make it down there. I hope things continue, but I am torn in the regards that I'd love to have him up here playing for the Esks for the next 10 years or so, I wonder just how many rings he could win for us?

Sandy - Edmonton
08-08-2004, 12:31 AM
I think we'll be fine with Maas.

I want Ray to do what Garcia did.

Opus
08-08-2004, 12:37 AM
I'd sure like to hear what some of the naysayers at ganggreen.com would have to say if he winds up their #2.........when RR first signed there were many who said some pretty harsh stuff.

Esks4ever
08-08-2004, 01:13 AM
leave it to me to bring this back to topic.. :rolleyes: :D ......I'm glad to see RR do well, never a doubt in my mind that he can make it down there. I hope things continue, but I am torn in the regards that I'd love to have him up here playing for the Esks for the next 10 years or so, I wonder just how many rings he could win for us?

jeeze we trying to win Mod of the year award ? :)

j.k

Opus
08-08-2004, 02:50 AM
...did you see the similie's? are we a tad insecure E4E?... :D

Esks4ever
08-08-2004, 03:19 AM
...did you see the similie's? are we a tad insecure E4E?... :D

Ya i saw em :) naww not insecure at all.. just pokin fun.. ;)

MEEZY
08-08-2004, 10:50 AM
I think we'll be fine with Maas.

I want Ray to do what Garcia did.

If Maas continues to play the way he has and the defence keeps improving, I see no reason to disagree with you, Sandy.

Party Time
08-08-2004, 07:06 PM
yah, i would love to see rickey back in edmonton if he can't get #2 in the NFL in the next couple years. However, i hope he does do well because i always love it when CFL guys go to the NFL, I actually take the time to follow the NFL and keep up with the latest news of that particular team.

Opus
08-08-2004, 08:53 PM
After tonights craptacular performance, I've changed my mind........we have no #2 Qb......we're screwed if JM goes down for an extended stretch......Johnson looked better in relief than Hendricks IMO....

Touchdown Vaughn
08-08-2004, 09:33 PM
I do not hope Ricky fails.

Where the hell is Freddy's face on an avatar in this thread?

Esks4ever
08-08-2004, 10:09 PM
I do not hope Ricky fails.

Where the hell is Freddy's face on an avatar in this thread?

Why you want freddys face ? :)

Touchdown Vaughn
08-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Why do I want Freddy's face?

Because I love him... I.... I've just never been able to tell him...

God, look at me, I'm a wreck!

Sandy - Edmonton
08-08-2004, 11:36 PM
I have a hunch that if Ray ever comes back to the CFL, it won't be with the Esks.

Touchdown Vaughn
08-08-2004, 11:40 PM
I agree, Sandy. He'll be with the Jets all of this year, then if he ever comes back he's a total free agent. God, if he ever came back, it'd be tough to play against him.

MEEZY
08-08-2004, 11:50 PM
I have a hunch that if Ray ever comes back to the CFL, it won't be with the Esks.

That's weird, Sandy. For some reason, I'm wondering the same thing. But from the sounds of things, he'll definitely make the Jets this year.

Angelus
08-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Anyone think Ray may be a little peeved he wasn't able to re-negotiate his contract?

If he does come back to the CFL after this season, he might not even look at the Esks. Although they would definitely shell out the most...

MEEZY
08-08-2004, 11:54 PM
Anyone think Ray may be a little peeved he wasn't able to re-negotiate his contract?

If he does come back to the CFL after this season, he might not even look at the Esks. Although they would definitely shell out the most...

To be honest, I don't think that he's overly happy with the Esks organization. Not only was he perhaps peeved with the contract negotiations (or lack of), I don't think that he was enthralled with the multiple QB system last year, either... :(

Esks4ever
08-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Should he come back, the Esks will not let any team out bid for his services. Perhaps Ray wasn't to happy with the way he was treated contract wise , and the 2 Qb system, but he has many friends on this team , and he has a chemistry with them...

that being said if he did come back and the Esks let him slip away, I'd be extremely pissed, 1000% more than when we let Avery slip away

Esks4ever
08-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Why do I want Freddy's face?

Because I love him... I.... I've just never been able to tell him...

God, look at me, I'm a wreck!

All you have to do is dream, and he'll come to you :)

MEEZY
08-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Should he come back, the Esks will not let any team out bid for his services.

Yeah, but apparently the Esks offered Avery more money than TO did, and Avery still went to TO in spite of this. Money might not necessarily be everything in Ray's decision on whether or not to return to Edmonton in the event that he does come back to the CFL.

Opus
08-09-2004, 09:39 AM
It's really all speculation anyway........RR if he gets the chance should do fine down there, so lets quit killing ourselves with this talk.....lets face it, RR never really wanted to re-negotiate his contract, he knew he was going to make a go at the NFL anyway, don't forget that the year previous he was a #3 and was only supposed to be here for a look-see.....Ray was a dark-horse that surprised everyone, if he was going to play elsewhere, where would he go? T.O can't afford both him and Avery (thats why they released Mookie & Jenkins)......think he'd want to go to Hamilton? I couldn't see him going anywhere else, but what do I know, I thought the same thing about Avery (I just think that those two are nothing alike though).

Andrew
08-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Yeah, but apparently the Esks offered Avery more money than TO did, and Avery still went to TO in spite of this. Money might not necessarily be everything in Ray's decision on whether or not to return to Edmonton in the event that he does come back to the CFL.
Avery himself said the Esk's offer didn't match TO's.

Angelus
08-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Jed Roberts has stated he knows for a fact the Esks outbid Toronto...

Andrew
08-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Who are you going to believe? The guy that got offered the deal and rejected it or an old esk.

Angelus
08-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Where has Avery said the Esks didn't offer as much?

Prove it.

Andrew
08-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Exactly thanks CK. Enough prove Angelus?

Opus
08-09-2004, 12:33 PM
thats how I interpeted it.......

Andrew
08-09-2004, 12:41 PM
I don't think he could have meant anything different..

Angelus
08-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Not for me.

That proves nothing. You can easily take it the other way as in it wasn't enough for him to return and spurn Toronto where he felt wanted.

Andrew
08-09-2004, 01:02 PM
:rolleyes:

Sandy - Edmonton
08-09-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm with CK and Andrew on this one...it really does look like Avery was offered more money.

Avery was repeatedly saying in 2002 that although he loves Edmonton, he's going to look out for his family (i.e. i want top money).

I'm thinking Toronto outbid the Esks, and Avery couldn't simply admit that he went there for the money. Instead, he made up excuses such as ''they didn't appreciate me''

As for Ray, I'm pretty sure he'll stick down there. If not with the Jets, with someone else.

MEEZY
08-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Why would Avery lie though?

Avery has shown in the past that he sugar-coats the truth. Remember how much he said that he loved Edmonton? And now in recent articles, he claims that he spurns the Esks organization for not automatically giving him the starting job over Ron Williams. I'd take Jed's word over Avery's any day of the week, especially based on Avery's questionable credibility.

And the quote that you show does not explicitly state that TO offered more, it just said that the Esks didn't offer him "that much." "That" is both a vague and relative term and can refer to absolutely any amount of money. My interpretation is that Avery was apparently so disgusted at Edmonton that no amount of money could make him come here, despite the fact that it was more than what TO offered him. Money is important, but obviously Avery never had any intention of signing back here again and did not want to say that to the media.

Opus
08-09-2004, 03:17 PM
whatever.........he's the enemy now anyway.......lets all try and put him in the past (or in the turf).......

MEEZY
08-09-2004, 04:31 PM
whatever.........he's the enemy now anyway.......lets all try and put him in the past (or in the turf).......

I prefer the latter... ;)