PDA

View Full Version : Garcia Gay?

Chucker44
08-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Garcia refutes Owens' comment about sexuality

BEREA, Ohio (AP) -- Browns quarterback Jeff Garcia says a comment made by ex-teammate Terrell Owens implying that he is gay is ridiculous and untrue.

In an interview with Playboy magazine that hits newsstands Friday, Owens was asked if he thinks Garcia is gay. Owens responded: "Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat."

Garcia responded to Owens' comment after practice Wednesday without mentioning the wide receiver by name.

"It is really a waste of my time to sit here and to have to answer to such ridiculous, untrue comments that are made out there in the world today," Garcia said.

He noted that it has been reported that he has a girlfriend and has had girlfriends in the past.

"So many people know my situation here. It has never been a secret," Garcia said.

Owens backed off his comment to Playboy after the Eagles' practice Tuesday, saying, "I didn't say that he was gay. Like I said, the conversation and interview was loose and from my knowledge I'm not sure if Jeff is gay or not."

Garcia and Owens had a contentious relationship in San Francisco with the outspoken wide receiver often complaining that Garcia didn't throw him the ball enough.

The 49ers released Garcia and traded Owens to Philadelphia in the offseason.

MEEZY
08-11-2004, 05:03 PM
OK, two things that bother me here:

1. Just because somebody is in their thirties and has never been married does not make them gay, nor does anybody have the right to publicly state that assumption. Owens is obviously a fool for making those comments. What's worse is his denial afterwards; he knew darn well what he was saying when he used the rat analogy.

2. Does the sexual orientation of professional athletes really matter? This is supposedly an era of anti-discrimination and political correctness. How is it relevant whether or not someone is gay? Does that mean he throws the football any worse? Personally, I think that Owens is a little homophobic if he's that concerned about Garcia's sexuality.

Edit: I eradicated your other thread in the CFL Forum. :)

Touchdown Vaughn
08-11-2004, 06:31 PM
I heard Garcia kissed Mike Piazza....

Esks4ever
08-11-2004, 07:01 PM
it dont matter to me one bit, but honestly when I listened to him give interviews i thought he could be gay....its 2004, who cares about who is gay and who's not...

Opus
08-11-2004, 10:59 PM
If he is Gay, he left the city he was meant to be in behind.............twice :D

Esks4ever
08-12-2004, 07:54 AM
I don't care if someone is gay or not, and frankly Owens looks like an idiot for making those comments.

Its what Owens does best....

Esks4ever
08-12-2004, 07:55 AM
If he is Gay, he left the city he was meant to be in behind.............twice :D

:lol: :lol:

Chucker44
08-12-2004, 08:47 AM
He went to a team who's colors are brown and orange.

There is no way he's gay.

Beerfish
08-12-2004, 09:10 AM
He went to a team who's colors are brown and orange.

There is no way he's gay.
Now that was funny, :D

Owens is a total twit, he's proved it several times in the past.