PDA

View Full Version : Damon Allen

Esks4ever
08-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Toronto may have lost the game but its being reported Damon Allen has a torn ACL, which means surgery and the season, and possibly his career :eek:

MEEZY
08-12-2004, 10:51 PM
First of all, what happened to Damon was a shame. Even though he's wearing enemy colours, he's still a classy guy who's a pleasure to watch. Hopefully this isn't the end of his illustrious career.

Secondly, what the hell is Michael Bishop doing as a QB for a professional football team? Anyone on here could read a CFL defence better than he can. I realize that he was facing the top defence in the league, but he's still shown nothing in the time he's been here. For some odd reason the Argos coaching staff is high on him (or an illegal substance), but you only get so many chances. Krause (is that his name?) should start the next game.

In the meantime, the Argos should be scouring the league for a QB. Who do they look at? Anyone think they didn't make a mistake by trading Brady?

Tojo
08-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Not even halfway through August, and the Alouettes...for all intents and purposes..have clinched first place in the east. With Bishop, the Argos are going nowhere. How is Matthews going to keep his team interested until Eastern final?

Esks4ever
08-12-2004, 10:53 PM
We have to worry bout our own team first....

MEEZY
08-12-2004, 10:54 PM
We have to worry bout our own team first....

Good point. :mad:

Tojo
08-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Secondly, what the hell is Michael Bishop doing as a QB for a professional football team?

Exactly, I couldn't believe all the people who were saying the Argos were absolutely correct to get rid of Brady because Bishop was the better quarterback. He's done nothing in this league except make bad decisions and throw interceptions. Sure, he's got a cannon for an arm....but what good is that if you can't hit the broad side of a barn?

Esks4ever
08-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Bishop is a joke...

GreyCupGarry
08-12-2004, 11:35 PM
Exactly, I couldn't believe all the people who were saying the Argos were absolutely correct to get rid of Brady because Bishop was the better quarterback. He's done nothing in this league except make bad decisions and throw interceptions. Sure, he's got a cannon for an arm....but what good is that if you can't hit the broad side of a barn?

Find me more Argo fans that said that rather than the opposite.

BTW. I came here so you could take your shots at our defeat. Montreal made some adjustments in the second half. Toronto's offence was stymied even before DA went down.

Go ahead. Hit me with your best shot. I still love me team. And we will prevail.

Touchdown Vaughn
08-12-2004, 11:42 PM
How did Bishop ever get not one, but TWO cracks at the NFL? Unreal. And why would they have traded Brady?

Toronto will still win some games with D, but once Joseph returns Ottawa should be a lock for 2nd in the East. Who the heck is going to challenge Montreal now?

Tojo
08-12-2004, 11:45 PM
Find me more Argo fans that said that rather than the opposite.

I didn't say "Argo fans". I was referring to posters on this site.

GreyCupGarry
08-12-2004, 11:58 PM
I didn't say "Argo fans". I was referring to posters on this site.

ok. I understand now.
:D

Muley69
08-13-2004, 12:01 AM
I came here so you could take your shots at our defeat

....we've got our own huge glaring problems at the moment, if you don't mind.

GreyCupGarry
08-13-2004, 12:15 AM
....we've got our own huge glaring problems at the moment, if you don't mind.

you think? :eek:

Opus
08-13-2004, 12:26 AM
'sides Garry, we might like to jest in fun & blow our own horns now and then, but despite what many other fans around the league think or say, true Eskimo fans show some class in victory or defeat. I'm not in a very good mood right now, but I am very sad to hear about DA....before he was ever your QB, he led us to two Championships...I have the upmost respect for him and it is tragic that this is likely how his career will end.....now is not the time to make barbs, even after what transpired Sunday.......like Muley said, our house is a real mess right now, and no one here knows why or has the answer. I hope that our club has the strength and determination to set things right in the weeks forthcoming, all the best to yours as well..........that said, lets hope it's still the Esks vs. the Argos come November.......may the football gods be with us!

Party Time
08-13-2004, 12:58 AM
yah its a real shame about Mr. Allen, he is a really classy guy and always did his best. I hope his career isn't over beause it would be nice to see him at least finish out with a full season. I've got a good story about him, it doesn't compare to some of Jed's but i'll tell it anyway.
So i had just arrived in TO to visit some relatives and go to a wicked concert and i'm waiting outside the airport for them to come pick me up. Then i see these four guys hop out of a minivan and they walk inside, so i'm thinking something weird is going on so i keep looking and they walk outside carrying Damon's luggage. At first i thought that there was no way it could be him. Then i remembered that he had gotten injured that week and had to go back to TO. So yah anyway i walked up to him and asked him for his autograph and he was very happy to do it. I could have gotten back on the plane right there and the trip would have been worth it. So yah that's my story about how Damon Allen treats his fans.

Muley69
08-13-2004, 08:52 AM
The worst part about all of this is how Damon Allen haters are glad -- not that he is injured, per se -- but because he'll never play another game of football in his life.

Esks4ever
08-13-2004, 08:56 AM
The worst part about all of this is how Damon Allen haters are glad -- not that he is injured, per se -- but because he'll never play another game of football in his life.

I agree DA is one of the best, if not the best to play this game...

Esk Reporter
08-13-2004, 10:13 AM
I do not see how the Argo's can hold onto second place with the QB's that they have. Perhaps someone will rise up to the challenge of leading this team in Allen's absence...if not, they are going to finish third or fourth (IMO).

GreyCupGarry
08-16-2004, 03:52 PM
'sides Garry, we might like to jest in fun & blow our own horns now and then, but despite what many other fans around the league think or say, true Eskimo fans show some class in victory or defeat. I'm not in a very good mood right now, but I am very sad to hear about DA....before he was ever your QB, he led us to two Championships...I have the upmost respect for him and it is tragic that this is likely how his career will end.....now is not the time to make barbs, even after what transpired Sunday.......like Muley said, our house is a real mess right now, and no one here knows why or has the answer. I hope that our club has the strength and determination to set things right in the weeks forthcoming, all the best to yours as well..........that said, lets hope it's still the Esks vs. the Argos come November.......may the football gods be with us!

Ok since it's semi good news. The moratorium is over.

Can Bishop lead us to the big Game? I check back after tuesdays game against the Bumbers.

Tojo
08-16-2004, 04:19 PM
Can Bishop lead us to the big Game?

If you're talking about the Regina Pee Wee city championship game...then yeah. Otherwise, no.

Opus
08-16-2004, 04:19 PM
the jury is out.........I wonder if Bishop will be swinging from the gallows or leading the parade?