PDA

View Full Version : Niedermayer awarded $7 million

Muley69
08-16-2004, 10:07 PM
The bad news: Scott Neidermayer was awarded $7M by an arbitrator.

The good news (i guess...??): He wanted $45M over 5 years. The offer by the Devils was $40M.

MEEZY
08-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Just more proof that salaries in the NHL are ballooning out of control... :rolleyes:

Opus
08-16-2004, 10:14 PM
boy, good thing they're working towards reasonable salaries in the CBA....... :rolleyes:

Andrew
08-16-2004, 11:35 PM
That ties the record arbitration.

Phrost
08-17-2004, 10:57 PM
boy, good thing they're working towards reasonable salaries in the CBA....... :rolleyes:

No doubt, what about Leafs GM John Ferguson spending all kinds of money boosting his payroll to 60 million in the off season...boy thats really going to help the NHL's chances of getting some form of cap.

Personally I think Niedermayer for some reason wants out of Jersey. The reason I think that? Why would the guy not sign a 40 million dollar contract when most people know the owners are hell bent on some form of salary cap.

Opus
08-18-2004, 12:30 AM
No doubt, what about Leafs GM John Ferguson spending all kinds of money boosting his payroll to 60 million in the off season...boy thats really going to help the NHL's chances of getting some form of cap.

He certainly had a big payroll to begin with, that said: I thought he did very well signing 4 of his top players for less than what they likely would have got on the open market, the only exception perhaps is McCabe, who they couldn't afford not to keep on their blue-line. (I'm the last person here to gripe to about the Leafs BTW) ;)