PDA

View Full Version : Prime Time to Return ?

Esks4ever
08-18-2004, 07:31 AM
Prime Time may return as a Raven

AP

WESTMINSTER, Maryland -- Could Deion Sanders be ready for an NFL comeback? The former standout defensive back hasn't played in three years, but is considering the possibility of returning as a nickel-back with the Baltimore Ravens.

"Never say never," Sanders, 37, told the (Baltimore) Sun when asked if he was serious about returning. "It would be a wonderful thing if I got the opportunity to play."

Sanders wants to see if his body can take the punishment.

He has spoken to Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis about a comeback, and has been working out at home in an effort to get in football shape.

Publicly, the Ravens have said only that they would be interested in talking to Sanders if he decides to come out of retirement.

"The man is retired," coach Brian Billick said. "If he comes out of retirement, we'll stand in line. There are a lot of teams interested if Deion wants to come out of retirement."

Sanders' agent, Eugene Parker, said no timetable has been set for a decision, according to ESPN.com.

Sanders, selected seven times to play in the Pro Bowl, last played in 2000 with the Washington Redskins. "Prime Time" won Super Bowls with the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers when he was generally regarded as the best cornerback in the game.

Opus
08-18-2004, 08:15 AM
he wasn't that good in Washington.....why would anyone think he'd improve after a few years off?

Diesel
08-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Prime Time has been moved to Late Night. Stay retired Dieon

Andrew
08-18-2004, 01:34 PM
I hope he does come back and has a good year, Deion is my hero! Has been since he started both ways for Dallas.

Opus
08-18-2004, 01:36 PM
I hope he does come back and has a good year, Deion is my hero! Has been since he started both ways for Dallas.you know more about him than I do then..........I guess I should have known considering how he dresses though.....:eek: :D