PDA

View Full Version : Herm on RR

Diesel
08-22-2004, 07:45 PM
On Quarterback Ricky Ray…
For the most part, he kept his poise. He threw the pick but like I told him, it is as good as a punt. Obviously we don’t want to throw picks, but we put them in a position on the minus-four and we held them and got a touchdown on that next drive. He was seven-for-eight and he moved the ball. He got rushed a couple of times, but I thought he hung in there and played pretty well.

On if Ray’s performance eased his concern on the backup quarterback situation…
I think it helps us because he went in the game and played in the atmosphere where they are a pretty fast defense on turf too. He hung in there and did a good job and moved the ball. Rightly so, I mean we didn’t ask him to do a whole lot but he managed the game pretty good. We didn’t turn the ball over and he did a good job of really just playing football.

On Brooks Bollinger…
We will see where his knee is at this point. That is day-to-day as you know. We won’t rush him into it. If he is not 100 percent and he can’t play, we are not going to put him out there.

On how he expects to split playing time between Ray and Bollinger if Bollinger is healthy by Friday…
We really haven’t talked about it at this point. It is too early for me to talk about that. Later on in the week I will let you guys know exactly if Bollinger is available, if Ricky Ray is available. I will make sure I let you guys know exactly what we are going to do.

Opus
08-22-2004, 10:22 PM
pretty bland words.....can't read too much into it......

MEEZY
08-22-2004, 10:33 PM
The last part especially is eerily familiar; it kind of reminds me of Higgins in recent years and his "game time decision" crap.

I don't get positive vibes from Edwards in terms of his feelings for Ray. Why didn't he ask him to do a lot? Isn't this supposed to be his big test? Handing off the freaking ball most of the time doesn't really test what a QB can do. I understand going with a lot of running plays in maybe his first game to get him comfortable, but now he should actually be throwing . Geesh...

GREYx14
08-24-2004, 09:06 AM
I don't get positive vibes from Edwards in terms of his feelings for Ray. Why didn't he ask him to do a lot? Isn't this supposed to be his big test? Handing off the freaking ball most of the time doesn't really test what a QB can do. I understand going with a lot of running plays in maybe his first game to get him comfortable, but now he should actually be throwing . Geesh...

Try to remember that Herman Edwards has a lot more important things to worry about as a coach than how his 3rd string QB is doing. The fact that the Jets are talking to Quincy Carter shows that they are definitely not sold on Bollinger and Ray as #2 guys.

Diesel
08-24-2004, 06:06 PM
True, I remember one time at TC riding in the golf cart with DM and I asked him about a particular DB by name. DM said "who?", and I then said "#24". His reply was "I worry about their names after they've made the team" ;)