PDA

View Full Version : EDMONTONIAN WINS GOLD!

Muley69
08-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Great Job, Lori-Ann Muenzer.

She couldn't even afford to bring her coach, and yet still wins the GOLD MEDAL! (Too bad the Felician story will dominate the headlines).

I have already contacted the Esks, kindly requesting that they invite Lori-Ann to the L.D. rematch to parade her around. I know I, and about 62,000+ of my friends would appreciate the chance to celebrate her accomplishment and let her know how proud of her we are.

Chucker44
08-24-2004, 02:09 PM
Great job Lori.

:thup:

Chucker44
08-24-2004, 02:10 PM
and great idea Muley. That should happen.

Esks4ever
08-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Congratz... and ya the hurdler will be the huge headliner grabber, as will the Silver in diving.... but I am pissed we lost in baseball..

Diesel
08-24-2004, 06:04 PM
Ernie left that middle reliever in too long. You could tell he was struggling from his second batter. That throwing error also killed us.

Esks4ever
08-25-2004, 07:14 AM
and yet again our baseball team gets embarassed by Japan in the bronze medal game...

Muley69
08-25-2004, 08:31 AM
and yet again our baseball team gets embarassed by Japan in the bronze medal game...

No...the embarassment was the fact that Japan had to play for the bronze at all. For that team -- loaded with Japanese league players -- to lose to the Australian's is tatamount to a national disaster.

They are lucky they saved face at all by winning the bronze.

The OTHER embarassment, now long forgotten, was the fact that the U.S. didn't qualify AT ALL. In a nation where baseball is the national sport, to lose to Canada and Mexico is like Canada losing to Khazakstan in ice hockey.

Honestly...if someone told me to pick between Canada's chances of beating Japan at baseball OR a snowball's chances of surviving in hell, I would have been tempted to choose the latter.

There is no disgrace in losing to the Japanese.

Andrew
08-25-2004, 12:10 PM
I can't believe she's 38 and still getting better, incredible.

Esks4ever
08-25-2004, 12:13 PM
No...the embarassment was the fact that Japan had to play for the bronze at all. For that team -- loaded with Japanese league players -- to lose to the Australian's is tatamount to a national disaster.

They are lucky they saved face at all by winning the bronze.

The OTHER embarassment, now long forgotten, was the fact that the U.S. didn't qualify AT ALL. In a nation where baseball is the national sport, to lose to Canada and Mexico is like Canada losing to Khazakstan in ice hockey.

Honestly...if someone told me to pick between Canada's chances of beating Japan at baseball OR a snowball's chances of surviving in hell, I would have been tempted to choose the latter.

There is no disgrace in losing to the Japanese.

I never mentioned it was a degrance. I was hoping we would keep it close at the least....

it still sucks to see a canadian team lose.. but at least we where in the show, unlike the US :) :thup:

Angelus
08-25-2004, 01:34 PM
degrance

This has to be the worst spelling of "disgrace" I have ever seen in my life...

Opus
08-25-2004, 02:53 PM
This has to be the worst spelling of "disgrace" I have ever seen in my life... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Esks4ever
08-26-2004, 10:10 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nope its not , I can make it worse..

with the degrance.. i was playing a game , and i was heading to the city of Degrance.... so it was on my mind when i posted it.. :lol:

Chucker44
08-26-2004, 11:19 AM
It looks like BS wants to show off his new millions of dollars square.
Lori could be at the game Sunday. It says she comes home Thursday.

Parade planned for athletes

Edmonton - The city will honour local athletes and its Olympians in October.

Mayor Bill Smith says a parade of champions will be held Oct. 8, and the athletes will march towards the newly-opened Churchill Square.

"It'll be a special procession," Smith said. "We're going to recognize past athletes too. So it's going to be a parade of champions, but with special recognition to the Olympians that participated in the Games."

An organizer says they are trying to confirm the attendance of Lori-Ann Muenzer, who won gold Tuesday in cycling and arrives home Thursday night.

Muenzer won the track cycling sprint event, taking Canada's second gold at these Olympics and winning the first-ever gold for a Canadian in cycling

Opus
08-26-2004, 11:27 AM
always a political agenda :mad:

Muley69
08-26-2004, 12:14 PM
Hopefully we will have had the election by then and Smith will have had his ass punted from Silly Council.

I realize that the Esks may ask her to the game on Sunday, but i had suggested L.D. rematch to them, only because more people would be there.

Chucker44
08-26-2004, 01:29 PM
I agree. L.D rematch would be better.

gizmo fan 2
08-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Great Job, Lori-Ann Muenzer.

She couldn't even afford to bring her coach, and yet still wins the GOLD MEDAL! (Too bad the Felician story will dominate the headlines).

I have already contacted the Esks, kindly requesting that they invite Lori-Ann to the L.D. rematch to parade her around. I know I, and about 62,000+ of my friends would appreciate the chance to celebrate her accomplishment and let her know how proud of her we are.

I heard on CHED news the other day that there will be a parade/celebration for her at halftime of the Ottawa game :thup: ...I agree that LD rematch would probably be better, but I think they want to invite her before any of the hype dies down.

Edit: Just announced, the ceremony will be before kickoff on Sunday. It's all here: http://www.esks.com/default.asp?V_DOC_ID=1497