PDA

View Full Version : 2 things bugging me on the new site...

TurfToe
08-23-2010, 10:59 AM
1 minor and 1 a little more bothersome...

1. in threads where there are more than 3 pages, and there have been either deleted comments or users, or there is a link, the button to 'go to last post' disappears and is replaced with an icon for the aforementioned.
edit-- I'm encountering this after I've clicked on the 'you have x unread posts' button in the top right.

2. If you type a response in the quick reply field, then decide to use the advanced response function, you lose everything you typed. The old system carried your text forward to the new 'advanced reply' field.

Angelus
08-23-2010, 11:07 AM
1 minor and 1 a little more bothersome...

1. in threads where there are more than 3 pages, and there have been either deleted comments or users, or there is a link, the button to 'go to last post' disappears and is replaced with an icon for the aforementioned.

I'm really struggling to follow what you are saying here.

2. If you type a response in the quick reply field, then decide to use the advanced response function, you lose everything you typed. The old system carried your text forward to the new 'advanced reply' field.

This works fine for me. Maybe it's a browser problem? Which browser are you using?

budha
08-23-2010, 11:35 AM
For number 1. of your complaints/comments. The only one that I found on that I could not access the last page right from the you have x unread posts section on was the Thread about Tillman (Tillman on GM list or something like that). There is some sort of symbol on the last page (looks like a lock, but it is not locked). All the rest I can get right to the last page.

I typed some this time in the quick part and then moved the advanced and it was all still there.

Opus
08-23-2010, 01:25 PM
The only thing bugging me is that some of our smilies mutated into goofy looking little yellow blobs, that don't look like they used to. :lol:

This one is still okay ^

but these ones have gone lame:
:):(:p;):D:o:rolleyes::cool::eek::confused::mad:

Angelus
08-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I agree with that...

glenvb
08-23-2010, 02:41 PM
For number 1. of your complaints/comments. The only one that I found on that I could not access the last page right from the you have x unread posts section on was the Thread about Tillman (Tillman on GM list or something like that). There is some sort of symbol on the last page (looks like a lock, but it is not locked). All the rest I can get right to the last page.

This was happening to me too, but it isn't anymore. Given what's going on in that thread, I think I want it back so I can't get into it.

TurfToe
08-23-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm really struggling to follow what you are saying here.
What I object to is you immediately treating me like an inferior! ... [/python]

Sounds like budha and Glen have seen what I mean. I'll take a screen shot next time I see it.

This works fine for me. Maybe it's a browser problem? Which browser are you using?

Did it to me twice today! I'll chalk it up to browser (latest Firefox so wouldn't think it would be an issue).

oh, and I totally agree with Opus. but now I wonder if any of these will work...
:banana:
:mario:
:sadb:
:beer:
:borg:

edit-- Excellent!!

TurfToe
08-23-2010, 07:52 PM
here's a screen grab illustrating point 1...

Look at the Tillman thread. See how there is no number at the end but rather an icon? the icon isn't 'live'. The result is that you can't go directly to the last post in that thread from the page in question. Compare that to what is seen in the Pizmo thread.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/gtojack/SearchResults-esksfanscom_1282603207661.png

Angelus
08-23-2010, 08:15 PM
here's a screen grab illustrating point 1...

Look at the Tillman thread. See how there is no number at the end but rather an icon? the icon isn't 'live'. The result is that you can't go directly to the last post in that thread from the page in question. Compare that to what is seen in the Pizmo thread.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/gtojack/SearchResults-esksfanscom_1282603207661.png

Wow...what the hell...

I have never seen that and have no idea what would cause that... :scratch:

edit: I should mention you can still get to the first unread post and the last post in the thread. The first unread post can be accessed through the http://www.esksfans.com/forum/images/buttons/firstnew.png before the name of the thread. The last post in the thread can be accessed through the http://www.esksfans.com/forum/images/buttons/lastpost-right.png after the username where it shows the last post info.

Angelus
08-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Oh, I figured it out!

It's your screen resolution. First of all, that image is showing the tags that were given to the thread. In this case it was tagged with "eskimos, football, pedophiles". Now, for whatever reason, on a resolution of 1024x768, that image covers up the last page number in the thread. I was just able to duplicate it on my computer. Very odd that it would do that...

We really don't need tags for threads...so maybe I can delete those...

Angelus
08-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Ok, I disabled the thread tagging system. So you should be good now...

Opus
08-24-2010, 07:51 AM
I know there is supposed to be an icon that shows a thread you've posted in, but for the life of me, I don't think I've ever seen it active.

TurfToe
08-24-2010, 08:07 AM
awesome and coolio! it is fixed and I learned stuff. Man I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Muley69
08-24-2010, 08:42 AM
I know there is supposed to be an icon that shows a thread you've posted in, but for the life of me, I don't think I've ever seen it active.

Yeah, I like that option on these types of message boards.

Angelus
08-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Ok, done.

Opus
08-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Nice......:thup: :beer:

Muley69
08-24-2010, 08:56 AM
YES!

:touchdown:

Party Time
08-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Ok, I'm just posting to test it out :D

TurfToe
08-24-2010, 12:32 PM
and i'm posting this to see if it disappears when I 'go advanced'

nope... it worked. Must've been something wonky on my end that one day.

56Parkies
08-24-2010, 12:50 PM
The more time I spend on this newest incarnation of the site, the more I like it. Certainly seems like there are more tools than the old one for sure

MoneyGuy
08-24-2010, 12:53 PM
I agree. I like the revamped site. There were some things (like threads with new posts dropping off the new posts page once I've read them) that I didn't like but as I get used to them I am starting to like these features.

There is one thing. I typcially come here and there are hundreds of unread posts. Once I've clicked once on "unread posts" the next times I do it even though there are still hundreds of unread posts it will say some small number of unread posts, sometimes zero. Why is that? Right now there are lots of threads I haven't read yet but it says I have two unread posts.

My biggest complaint now is that esksiefever hasn't been banned yet.

Esks1975
08-24-2010, 06:22 PM
The more time I spend on this newest incarnation of the site, the more I like it. Certainly seems like there are more tools than the old one for sure

Especially in the Tillman for GM thread.

TurfToe
08-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Especially in the Tillman for GM thread.

BWAHAHAHAHA :rofl:
nicely played!