PDA

View Full Version : Jets last pre-season game tonight

the_shadow
09-03-2004, 08:26 AM
at home vs the Eagles.

Do you think there's a chance that Ricky Ray gets any snaps?

Diesel
09-03-2004, 08:38 AM
I would think he and Bollinger might split a quarter with Penny and Carter each getting a quarter plus

MEEZY
09-03-2004, 10:10 AM
It's hard to say how much time Ricky will actually get. Apparently, in the last NFL pre-season games, the starting QB gets the vast majority of the snaps. Obviously, Carter will need some work, so that doesn't leave much room for Ricky or Bollinger.

On the Jets Insider Site, yesterday's report claimed that the most likely final roster scenario sees Pennington, Carter and Ray on the team (in that order) and Bollinger relegated to the practice squad. If you ask me, this really sucks for Ricky, because in that configuration, he'll never see the field. :(

Angelus
09-03-2004, 10:28 AM
I doubt Ray plays a down.

I think Pennington and Carter will split the game.

Opus
09-03-2004, 11:12 AM
It really sucks.....I just wish they'd release him now.....he's going to waste there.

Esks4ever
09-03-2004, 12:44 PM
its been said that pennington plays a half and Carter plays the other half.... Bollinger and ray do not figure into the gameplan.

the_shadow
09-03-2004, 04:53 PM
It really sucks.....I just wish they'd release him now.....he's going to waste there.

Do you think that if he winds up as 3rd-stringer or on the practice-squad that he might ask for his release? He seems pretty determined to stick in the NFL this season, and I don't know if any other opportunities would come along for him within the 10-day period.

MEEZY
09-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Do you think that if he winds up as 3rd-stringer or on the practice-squad that he might ask for his release?

And this is the sad part. He'll take whatever opportunity he can get in the NFL, even if it's at the expense at not getting any playing time in the next 4 years or so. He'll either end up like Dave Dickenson and return to the CFL in three years, or he'll just be a career NFL journeyman. Personally, I hope that he does succeed, but it's not looking like he's getting much of a chance with his first stop.

the_shadow
09-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Well, I would say that it doesn't look good for RR:

The other 3 QBs saw action, but Ricky got nothing. And to top it off, Brooks Bollinger was HUGE:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20040903_PHI@NYJ

<I>The New York Jets enjoyed the preseason right through the final seconds.

Rallying from a 27-7 deficit, the Jets scored three touchdowns in the last 5:14 to beat the Philadelphia Eagles 28-27.

Granted, it was with second and third-stringers on the field, but it still was a rousing comeback by New York (3-1), capped by Brooks Bollinger's 1-yard pass to Matt Dominguez with 8 seconds remaining.

Bollinger came on with seven minutes remaining, replacing the rusty Quincy Carter. He led New York to Ian Smart's 1-yard TD run on a drive highlighted by Ken-Yon Rambo's 52-yard catch and run. The Jets then went 27 yards after rookie Roderick Bryant's interception, scoring on Bollinger's 4-yard pass to Terrance Stubbs with 3:10 remaining.

After forcing a punt, they concluded their stunning charge with a 12-play drive covering 87 yards.

Bollinger, making a case to remain Chad Pennington's backup, was 11-for-20 for 168 yards.

</I>

Opus
09-04-2004, 12:55 AM
Not to mention that Bollinger is Terry Bradways guy from the git go........There is no room for RR there now.

Esks4ever
09-04-2004, 09:39 AM
come home ricky.. come home... your locker is getting all nice and ready....

Esks996
09-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Don't expect to see Ray in an Esks uniform this season. :(

Muley69
09-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Sounds like Dominquez will stick...

Diesel
09-04-2004, 03:28 PM
Nope, Matt got cut.

gizmo fan 2
09-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Nope, Matt got cut.

Really? Wow, didn't see that coming. Does SSK still have his rights (option year?) or is he a free agent?

Opus
09-05-2004, 11:07 PM
He might just catch on with another team as well.....Arizona has had the injury bug bite their recievers big time, and Dominguez really shone in the pre-season.......