PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Burris?

Angelus
09-06-2004, 12:12 AM
After reading so much of 13thman and Riderfans, I thought this guy was supposed to be one of the CFL premier QB's? I remember many comments from Riderfans telling me they would rather have Burris than Maas.

I believe "chub" was guilty of that on many occassions.

:lol:

Glenn...Burris...Butler...

ALL overrated.

Muley69
09-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Yes. Chub has egg on his face...although he'll tell you that he always preferred Greene.

The thing is: Burris over Greene; Greene over Burris. The Rider fans will debate this ad nauseum.

The point, however, is that they BOTH lick donkey balls.

Opus
09-06-2004, 12:36 AM
In most Rider fans opinion it seems to me that their best QB is whoever is #2 on their depth chart.....

cflnut
09-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Burris tends to get frustrated when he turns the ball over. He threw two INT's against WPG and then proceded to either over throw or under throw the ball. The same thing happened againt EDM a couple weeks ago. To me he seems to let it get to him to much. He's got to learn to forget about it and focus on the game more.

Esks4ever
09-06-2004, 10:26 AM
I couldn't help but laugh when Burris threw that pick in the endzone - I mean that toss was right to the winnipeg defender :lol:

cflnut
09-06-2004, 02:09 PM
What was Burris thinking when hw threw that last INT. I mean right to the guy, and the clossest reciver was at least 12 yards away. Thats got to be one of the funnest plays I've ever seen :lol:

I use to think Burris could have been a decent QB. Not after seeing him play In his last two games. Rider fans are counting the days till Greene come back.

Esks4ever
09-06-2004, 05:52 PM
I'd rather have burris over Hendricks....

Eskimo_RoB
09-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Spergeon Wyn I think would make a good 2nd string QB for the eskimos.

Esks4ever
09-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Spergeon Wyn I think would make a good 2nd string QB for the eskimos.

He wouldn't be too bad....

Opus
09-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Spergeon Wyn I think would make a good 2nd string QB for the eskimos.I agree, he throws the prettiest spiral I've seen since the REAL #1

gizmo fan 2
09-07-2004, 12:56 AM
I agree, he throws the prettiest spiral I've seen since the REAL #1

I agree also. When does his contract with BC end?

If that's not soon enough, who might we trade for him?
(Hypothetical suggestion: Issa and 2 of: Atogwe/Rhett McLane/mid-to-high range draft pick? :confused: He is their 3rd string, but because of that it's kinda tough to gauge his value.)

Opus
09-07-2004, 01:26 AM
They were shopping him before DD got hurt and had no nibbles......If Glenn's trade was any indication, he could be had for a single draft pick (do we have any?)

Eskimo_RoB
09-07-2004, 01:33 AM
We have a ton of D-linemen, with the new comer Wayne, Dorian Boose could be a possible trade. Dont get me wrong I am a big Boose fan, but why keep him if we dont play him? Adding Bart Hendricks would also make sence, he has potentail to be a solid qb in this league, maybe BC is a good place for him. Maybe, and I mean MAYBE, adding adding a O-linemen would be worth trading for Wyn.

Eskimo_RoB
09-07-2004, 01:37 AM
Actually I thought this over and I will never put trade and Dorian Boose in the same sentence ever again... :eek:

And besides BC already has a solid d-line.

Eskimo_RoB
09-07-2004, 01:39 AM
We do have that Ammarprett Sanghera guy, maybe Hendricks and Ammar would be a good trade???

Opus
09-07-2004, 01:44 AM
see above and single draft pick reference for a 3rd string QB.......ahem.......I'm glad you guys aren't GM......

Eskimo_RoB
09-07-2004, 01:57 AM
Ya I agree with you, but with DD's health, and CP's possible southern migration, I dont think gettin Wyn would be a walk in the park.

Opus
09-07-2004, 02:17 AM
then you don't bother......you don't sacrafice a starting calibre player and a good prospect for a #3 QB....we'd really have to be desperate IMO...

Esks4ever
09-07-2004, 08:34 AM
Wynn May be their 3rd string right now.. but BC can't afford to keep both Printers and DD, so Wynn would become their back up once again.

Opus
09-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Who knows what's going to happen next year...thats something the Leos will have to work out...CP will only be there for one more year regardless...

Nanookster
09-08-2004, 10:12 AM
What's wrong with Burris? Nothing at all. He is playing as per his normal self!

Amandeep
09-08-2004, 10:52 AM
I couldn't help but laugh when Burris threw that pick in the endzone - I mean that toss was right to the winnipeg defender :lol:

The funny thing is that he could have ran a few yards along the sideline. He just panicked and threw it well short of his reciever. That performance should shut a lot of Rider fans up, who thought he was their best QB.

Nanookster
09-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Didn't he get real excited when he made a ten yard completion in the game? It was like he won the Grey Cup!

Muley69
09-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Didn't he get real excited when he made a ten yard completion in the game? It was like he won the Grey Cup!

Yes. The one arm flex pose was fabulous. Reminded me of Nealons' two arm flex pose when he completed a 15-yard sideline pass.

Opus
09-08-2004, 01:52 PM
The funny thing is that he could have ran a few yards along the sideline. He just panicked and threw it well short of his reciever. That performance should shut a lot of Rider fans up, who thought he was their best QB.actually, IMO the funny thing is that he is their best QB.....

gizmo fan 2
09-08-2004, 06:28 PM
see above and single draft pick reference for a 3rd string QB.......ahem.......I'm glad you guys aren't GM......

:lol: Never claimed to be a good choice for GM Fish. I didn't know he was shopped around before...in that case, I agree with the single draft pick :thup:.

Opus
09-08-2004, 09:49 PM
:lol: Never claimed to be a good choice for GM Fish. I didn't know he was shopped around before...in that case, I agree with the single draft pick :thup:.:lol: just hasslin' bud.......please take no offense......

gizmo fan 2
09-08-2004, 11:38 PM
:lol: just hasslin' bud.......please take no offense......

:thup: None taken. :cool: