PDA

View Full Version : Does Matt Dunigan Really Know What He's Doing?

cflnut
09-09-2004, 11:12 PM
Matt Dunigan looks lost out there. He's taken a lot of criticism for not turning the Stamps around, and it looks like he doesn’t seem to be making the right decisions to better improve his team.

As a GM he did not make the right choice’s to improve the quality of play by the Stamps. He traded for quality players & then cut them in training camp. Also he got rid of some long time veteran player’s cause of either questionable plays from last year, or he just did not like them. His biggest mistake had to be hiring Jenkins. To make this matter even worse Dunigan didn't even get a QB that would fit into Jenkins offensive plan of all out throwing.

He failed as the head coach by not leading his team. Example: Dungian & Jenkins both admitted to doing running plays in practice. But when it came to game time Jenkins would lose those pages of the playbook. If Dunigan was a better head coach he would have had the balls to tell his Offensive Coordinator to use the run during a game.

Becoming the Offensive Coordinator has got to become his biggest mistake yet. With no major change in the o-line since taking over the job he is just proving his inability to coupe with the pressure to run a football team.

The only good thing I have to say about Calgary is that their defense seems to be on top of their game. Defense wins championships, but with an offence that has problems putting points on the board it makes it hard to win games. Furthermore the Stamps have scored a total of 14 points in their last two games. A real pathetic showing offensively. This to me proves Dunigan's inability to put together a good game plan.

Jim Barker got canned at the end of last season. They told Barker that it didn't matter if he had a winning record his first year as Head Coach. Just as long as he beat Edmonton on Labour Day. Witch he did. Dunigan didn't. Makes me wonder if he'll be around next year.

I'll be surprised if he is though.

Esks4ever
09-10-2004, 08:26 AM
He has too much on his plate... GM, coach, Offensive coordinator.... too much...Very few people can handle all that, and those who do have normally been coaching for a while allready.. He needs to start of slow, then build. Have a gm, have a Offensive CO, and just be the coach. If he just had the one title i think he'd be fine.

Nanookster
09-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Too much on his plate.

He knows football.

Diesel
09-10-2004, 09:48 AM
You'll see Calgary get a new OC and if they're smart, they'll go out and get a smart football guy to run the Player Personel dept to help Matty out. That way he'll concentrate on being HC and some GM duties.

You just know that Matty is on Excedrine Headache # 1187 by now.

donniewilson#20
09-10-2004, 11:40 AM
I want Calgary to fire him and the Esks to hire him. Lets face it Vince Lombardi would not be able to win with the stamps this year.

Nanookster
09-14-2004, 03:12 PM
I think so as his chest is still rising and falling!

Were you talking about football or breathing?