PDA

View Full Version : After looking at the World Cup of Hockey trophy one more time...

Beerfish
09-14-2004, 09:26 PM
They should never ever let some artsy architect designer nutbar to design such a thing. It is beyond hideous and down right offends me. Even the huge silver maple leaf of death from previous Canada Cups was better. Nice that we won none the less. :D

MEEZY
09-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Nice victory by the boys in red and white! :thup:

Too bad it might be a while before we see hockey again... :(

Opus
09-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Great game......Finns showed a ton of heart.....too bad we were playing for such a grotesque trophy.....the last WC trophy was much nicer, and I loved the old Canada Cup trophy....it was awesome! :thup:

Phrost
09-15-2004, 12:22 AM
Anyone else notice some of the players laughing at the trophy? But indeed the trophy is possibly the worst one in sports history and I for one hope they change it for the next tournament. No trophy is as prestigious as the Stanley Cup but it would be nice to see a trophy in the World Cup where it would have some symbolic meaning and a place where they can add the players names who won the tournament that year...instead they designed something that looks like it should be holding water and a nice mix of pretty flowers.

Hopefully one of the players drops it and shatters the thing

Diesel
09-15-2004, 08:27 AM
Looks like someone bought it at a garage sale.

Chucker44
09-15-2004, 08:38 AM
The World Cup of Hockey trophy was absolutely Canadian designed ...

It is reminiscent of the Petro Can tumblers given away circa 1986.

Party Time
09-15-2004, 06:30 PM
some of the players looked like they didn't want to pick it up.

after i first saw it unveiled i was hoping they would reconsider and make a new design. apparently, at the press conference where they unveiled it one of the reporters handed the designer a golf ball and said "here's your mulligan".

Anyway, good job by the Canadians hope to see them playing again in the World Championships in April.

Esks4ever
09-15-2004, 08:54 PM
How the hell are they to drink Champane out of that eyesore ? :)