PDA

View Full Version : Unread posts

56Parkies
03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Not sure if this is only affecting me, or if others have noticed this as well:

I'll log in, and notice at the top right it says I have XX number of new posts since I last logged in. If I click that, it shows me the threads that have new posts and away I go.

However, if I click the "What's New" tab along the top below the banner, it says "no new posts found", while it still shows XX new posts in the top right corner. I've tried this on multiple machines and browsers (including the phone) and get the same results.

Anyone else? This is a relatively new phenomenon; around the past 2-3 days or so, as it worked just fine before. I only really use the tab when I'm on my phone as it's a bigger target for me to hit, and I don't accidentally log out which can happen when clicking the "xx new posts" link.

Opus
03-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Usually I will just click on the forum and see what new threads have replies since my last visit.

Pretty easy too with the way Phil has it set up as the logos in colour showing which room/threads have the new posts.

I rarely ever need to use the shortcuts.

boydo
03-06-2013, 03:05 PM
I've noticed it too but assumed it had something to do with our crappy american servers at work...

56Parkies
03-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Did you notice it recently? It worked just fine up until a few days ago..

eskfan152
03-06-2013, 03:27 PM
If I could add a quick wish from someone who uses the unread posts button, I would like to see the twitter button moved a little further away as it is easy to hit mistakenly on my phone screen and automatically redirects me and then I have to go back to the site. Not a big deal, would be nice though...

nafnikufesin
03-06-2013, 06:58 PM
I've always just used the "unread posts" link, to be honest I'd never even noticed the "What's New?" link. However, I just tested it, and they gave me the exact same results.

Angelus
03-06-2013, 07:04 PM
What's New is working for me...

56Parkies
03-06-2013, 07:52 PM

Here's a screen shot from my phone. You can see it says there are no new posts, but you can see there are 11 unread messages top left.