PDA

View Full Version : Chad Pennington out of action for 2-4 weeks

the_shadow
11-08-2004, 06:29 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?ID=104050&hubName=nfl

Does this mean that the Jets could sign Ray off the practice roster and dress him as a 3rd stringer behind Carter and Bollinger?

It's highly, highly unlikely that he will play, but IF the Jets do sign him, how does this potentially effect his status as a free-agent next year?

MEEZY
11-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Since Ray is the only other QB that is readily available to them, then I'm sure he'll be promoted to third-string.

This won't necessarily have a direct impact on his future with the Jets, because Pennington will be back before the season's end. However, a spot on the active roster (albeit temporarily) could give him the encouragement he needs in order to continue to chase his NFL aspirations...

the_shadow
11-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Since Ray is the only other QB that is readily available to them, then I'm sure he'll be promoted to third-string.

This won't necessarily have a direct impact on his future with the Jets, because Pennington will be back before the season's end. However, a spot on the active roster (albeit temporarily) could give him the encouragement he needs in order to continue to chase his NFL aspirations...

They said on Total Sports on 1260 today that Ray will be a free-agent this off-season if he doesn't sign with the Jets. It seemed they were implying that he would not be a free-agent in the CFL if NY signed him off of their practice roster.

lloyd
11-08-2004, 10:36 PM
I dont see this injury affecting Rays status too much as it is a minor injury for 2-4 weeks.

Beerfish
11-09-2004, 09:12 AM
He gets to carry a clipboard and wear a ball cap! Yay! You never know, injuries can come fast and furious in the NFL at times. A lot of good QB's were no where on the radar until injuries gave them a chance. Even a bit more practice time can help.

Diesel
11-10-2004, 09:42 AM
He gets to carry a clipboard and wear a ball cap!

Don't forget he gets to listen to the speaker in his helmet too!!!!! :lol: