PDA

View Full Version : CFL Awards show...

TurfToe
11-18-2004, 08:14 PM
First off... a pretty good show. It felt like a bunch of athletes trying to do a TV show... which is what it was!

A question though... were we as 'Edmonton-centric' when the GC was in Edmonton? So many times it seemed to be yet another 'Ottawa CFL Moment'. I'm not griping by any stretch, but I didn't watch the awards show when the GC was in Edm so I honestly don't know.

Surprised Printers won to be honest.

Was very impressed by Baron Miles (Tom Pate Award).

Think that Eiben should've won over Clermont (judges so often seem to be offense-biased).

Still can't believe that Frank wasn't in contention.

(btw... had to use the 'Science' tag... nobody ever uses it!)

Opus
11-18-2004, 10:21 PM
ack......truth be told, I forgot it was on tonight......oh well, my consolation is that I got to watch the 96 GC on espnCC.......god, it was soooooo a fumble.......Ireland you suck donkey nuts!

lloyd
11-18-2004, 11:27 PM
I saw it, it was on a bad tv night, with the O.C then CSI directly after it.

12GreyCups
11-18-2004, 11:27 PM
Yes, he does suck doesn't he?

Muley69
11-19-2004, 08:30 AM
I saw it, it was on a bad tv night, with the O.C then CSI directly after it.

You're kidding, right?

The O.C.
North Shore
CSI
Survivor
Extreme Makeover
The Apprentice

There's ton of good T.V. on. But it didn't matter for me, either way, 'cause I was writing a midterm.

TurfToe
11-19-2004, 08:51 AM
There's ton of good T.V. on.

Now you're the one kidding, right?

Esk Reporter
11-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Surprised Printers won to be honest.

I was a little bit surprised, but glad that he did win. It should have been Ricky last year doing the same thing when it came to the awards...

Think that Eiben should've won over Clermont (judges so often seem to be offense-biased).

I am not surprised by that decision since this is only Eiben's first year as a starter. It seems to be something that happens regardless of what position you play...you almost never win the first time you are nominated.

Esks4ever
11-19-2004, 10:34 AM
You're kidding, right?

The O.C.
North Shore
CSI
Survivor
Extreme Makeover
The Apprentice

There's ton of good T.V. on. But it didn't matter for me, either way, 'cause I was writing a midterm.

I think Llotd mean't it was a bad night meaning there where better shows to watch over it...

Esks4ever
11-19-2004, 10:35 AM
and survivor is not a good show...

lloyd
11-19-2004, 03:59 PM
You're kidding, right?

The O.C.
North Shore
CSI
Survivor
Extreme Makeover
The Apprentice

yah i meant there was alot more exciting/dramatic stuff out there. I wish the networks could be friends so i could watch all of them (minus extreme makover)

TurfToe
11-22-2004, 07:40 AM
I think Llotd mean't it was a bad night meaning there where better shows to watch over it...

Thanks, but I knew that was what he was saying, and I'll stand by what I said... good TV?? O.C.? puh-leeeze! Survivor? Hell, my life is a reality show filled with drama. would rather watch the dog poop in the yard than any of that prepackaged, super-sized tripe. :-)

lloyd
11-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Thanks, but I knew that was what he was saying, and I'll stand by what I said... good TV?? O.C.? puh-leeeze! Survivor? Hell, my life is a reality show filled with drama. would rather watch the dog poop in the yard than any of that prepackaged, super-sized tripe. :-)

Dont diss The O.C.....

TurfToe
11-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Reno911 ... now THAT'S drama!