PDA

View Full Version : Baseball free agents

Evil Dr. Len
12-11-2004, 05:58 PM
There's some big time free agents this year...

Pedro & Varitek in Boston, Ordonez of CWS, Delgado of the Jays, and I believe the prize of pool Carlos Beltran!!

With the movement that already happened...Glaus to Arizona, Kent to LA...

what do you guys think will happen.

Opus
12-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Guys will move, money wil be spent, Yankees will compete for the WS.........

Joepritch2
12-12-2004, 12:49 AM
Doug Melvin knows what he's doing. Doug Melvin knows what he's doing. Doug Melvin knows what he's doing. Doug Melvin knows what he's doing. Doug Melvin knows what he's doing.

Sorry about that. I have to remind myself of it from time to time after we trade away All-Stars. The last one worked out ok, I'm hoping this one does too.

Opus
12-12-2004, 01:15 AM
Ever since Bill & Ted's Bogus journey, I have a very hard time taking anyone named Melvin very seriously.....:D

Freak
12-12-2004, 01:29 AM
Meh, the Red Sox winning the World Series pretty much sapped all my interest out of baseball... the cubs winning would be cool. Beltran was rumoured to be headed there, wasn't he?

Esks4ever
12-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Ever since Bill & Ted's Bogus journey, I have a very hard time taking anyone named Melvin very seriously.....:D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lloyd
12-12-2004, 11:26 AM
yawn, who even cares!

Joepritch2
12-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Anyone who posted in this thread other than you so far.

lloyd
12-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Anyone who posted in this thread other than you so far.

american... makes sense.
baseball is an american game that not many canadians have an interest for, you being american justifies why you enjoy baseball, but as for canada, canadian just have very little connection to the sport.

Joepritch2
12-12-2004, 01:14 PM
lloyd, come now. Bashing something I said on the basis of my nationality?

Edit: Nice edit by the way, justifying yourself after the fact.

lloyd
12-12-2004, 01:33 PM
lloyd, come now. Bashing something I said on the basis of my nationality?

Edit: Nice edit by the way, justifying yourself after the fact.

im just stating that i can understand why you like baseball and are taking offense to anything said against it. Baseball is a good sport, but most canadians cant get excited about it is because they have no connection to anything, the players, the teams, and the overall game. its an american tradition. if you want to interpret it as me bashing your nationality then your terribly mistaken.
if you want to post something baseball on a cfl site dont be suprised when someone oposes it. you have every right to post it, thats cool, but dont be all up in arms when I give you my opinion.

as for the edit, of course i was justifying what i said, i try not to post things without any kind of explanation as to why i feel that way. justifying after the fact? sorry for the edit? is that what you want me to say to you, i dont get the point of that comment but keep on going.

MEEZY
12-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Lloyd, anybody has the right to post anything they like on these boards, assuming its content is not offensive in nature. If you're not interested in something, then don't respond to it.

lloyd
12-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Lloyd, anybody has the right to post anything they like on these boards, assuming its content is not offensive in nature. If you're not interested in something, then don't respond to it.

my post clearly says he has all the right in the world to post absolutely anything, but im going to take the liberty of using my right to respond to it. I'm not being offensive. me and Joe's discussion goes past the realm of MLB free agents, im enjoying the discussion/argument and arent trying to make enemies with him, and i hope he feels the same way.

Joepritch2
12-12-2004, 01:43 PM
I don't understand why you have to post saying you don't care. It's obvious that there are those that do, namely Evil Dr. EE, Freak, Fishman, and myself.

Think of it this way, what if someone walked into a thread of yours about the Riders and went, yawn, who cares? I don't think you'd like it too much, now would you?

I apologize for some of my hostility, the post I was originally replying to was only the first line of your post after you edited it. I don't like being told my opinions don't matter because I'm American. I thought that's all you were after, telling me that my opinions aren't as important. Again, I apologize.

One thing though, I know plenty of Americans who don't like baseball, and plenty of Canadians who do. Evil Dr. EE apparently does, he likes it so much, he started a baseball thread on a CFL site.

lloyd
12-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Think of it this way, what if someone walked into a thread of yours about the Riders and went, yawn, who cares? I don't think you'd like it too much, now would you?

if i had a nickel for every time thats happened here. cause it has, and i can understand your frustration when it happens.

I apologize for some of my hostility, the post I was originally replying to was only the first line of your post after you edited it. I don't like being told my opinions don't matter because I'm American. I thought that's all you were after, telling me that my opinions aren't as important. Again, I apologize.

i didnt mean to imply that your opinion didnt matter, what was meant that you being american, baseball has a whole different level of importance to you, i made the edit because i realized it looked like just an anti-american sentiment.

One thing though, I know plenty of Americans who don't like baseball, and plenty of Canadians who do. Evil Dr. EE apparently does, he likes it so much, he started a baseball thread on a CFL site.

i hear you, but what im saying is that posting something baseball on a cfl site is going to attract some negative comments, it just goes with the turf.

MEEZY
12-12-2004, 01:49 PM
my post clearly says he has all the right in the world to post absolutely anything, but im going to take the liberty of using my right to respond to it. I'm not being offensive. me and Joe's discussion goes past the realm of MLB free agents, im enjoying the discussion/argument and arent trying to make enemies with him, and i hope he feels the same way.

I understand your point, but at the same time, you should substantiate your reasons for not caring in your original post. "Who cares" is not a thoughtful, analytic response. If you want to discuss/debate the appropriateness of baseball in a Canadian-based sports forum, please do so in a way that does not upset or offend anyone, as clearly, there are lots of baseball fans on this site.

Well, anyways, now that you guys are cool with each other, I guess I'll let it go... :)

Joepritch2
12-12-2004, 01:50 PM
i didnt mean to imply that your opinion didnt matter, what was meant that you being american, baseball has a whole different level of importance to you, i made the edit because i realized it looked like just an anti-american sentiment.

Thanks for clearing that up, that was what I was upset about.

lloyd
12-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, that was what I was upset about.

apologies for not being more clear.

Evil Dr. Len
12-12-2004, 03:26 PM
geez, I didn't mean to start an uproar...

Variety is the spice of the life but rivalry is fuel of the fire

I'm the guy who can be credited with about 25% of the hockey posts on this football site and it's fair say more than 70% aren't about football...I like all sports and I like other people's opinons whether it be from a Flames fan, a Rider fan, an American or whatever...sites like these are meant to create conversation(usually friendly)

I look forward too many conversations about many different topics with many different people over the next several months leading up to the hype of a new CFL.

Keep the shots above the waist(I don't wear a can) and everything will be fine.

P.S.
no I'm not a mod :lol:

Muley69
12-13-2004, 07:56 AM
I really enjoyed the Canadian Olympic baseball bid...but other than that, I just can't watch a lot of baseball. I don't find it exciting enough for my taste.

Still....i sure wouldn't mind earning the salary of a big leaguer!

Opus
12-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Baseball always carries a certain amount of interest with me, the problem has been the decline of the Jays and the death of the Expos......neither team has really been very good since 94......in the last 10 years my intrest level has also steadily declined. One good story is that Koskie could soon become a Jay.....good news as they finally got it right and are looking to sign some home-grown talent.

lloyd
12-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Its just one of those things that, as i said, has very little connection to most canadians. Koskie being a Jay is small step in the right direction.

Evil Dr. Len
12-14-2004, 07:17 AM
Its just one of those things that, as i said, has very little connection to most canadians. Koskie being a Jay is small step in the right direction.

more importantly...Hinske doesn't play 3rd anymore :lol: