PDA

View Full Version : Forsberg Slams Canada

lloyd
01-03-2005, 07:45 PM
froms sportsnet.ca

Peter Forsberg held nothing back when being interviewed by a Swedish television station. Forsberg told TV 4 that Canada decides to run things in the hockey world, reports the Swedish TV 4.
"They determine the practice hours, they run everything," Forsberg told TV 4 (translated to English).
Forsberg also pointed to what he sees as being a questionable call in last year's World Championships Final against Team Canada. While Sweden led 2-0, Forsberg received a dirty hit from Team Canada's Rob Niedermayer.
"Had any other player, from another team than Canada done the same thing, it would have cost him five minutes and a game misconduct," Forsberg said.
Team Canada went on to beat the Swedes in the final and many experts pointed to that incident as being the turning point in the game.

I say Peter can suck a fat one, theres a reason Canada has so much push when is comes to hockey. And as for blaming the World Championship loss on a hit, well thats just sour grapes, and shows the true sportsmanship of the guy. Great players, thats about it.

Esks4ever
01-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Forsberg is a whiner and he'd take a cheap shot if he had the chance...

Joepritch2
01-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I really really really really really dislike Forsberg.

esks4life
01-03-2005, 09:42 PM
He's just bitter that Canada has had more success then Sweden in recent years.

Angelus
01-03-2005, 10:08 PM
:zzz: :zzz:

who cares...

earl2
01-03-2005, 10:09 PM
:zzz: :zzz:

who cares...
Agreed. Forsberg has always been a whiner.
And he is one of the cheapest, dirtiest players I've ever seen.

Nanookster
01-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Who cares what Captain Diver has to say.

Whattya expect from a Swede?

Don Cherry for PM!!!

Freak
01-09-2005, 06:47 PM
I guess he's never seen what happens when Canada plays with a European Ref, eh?