PDA

View Full Version : ESPN & FOX Sports

Diesel
01-09-2005, 08:16 PM
My hat's off to them for refusing to show a replay of the piece of dung, Randy Moss' TD debacle.

Kudos to Berman for ripping him a new one.

Diesel
01-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Of couse TSN has it plastered all over sportscentre

Nanookster
01-09-2005, 08:51 PM
I can't believe a flag didn't fly on the butthead move by Moss.

Esks4ever
01-10-2005, 08:05 AM
I really thought there would be a flag... all thru the game he was at it with the fans.. he can be a real piece of garbage...

Nanookster
01-10-2005, 08:12 AM
I really thought there would be a flag... all thru the game he was at it with the fans.. he can be a real piece of garbage...

I'm also surprised the TV guys didn't ask why there wasn't a flag.

Opus
01-10-2005, 08:43 AM
POS.......that's all he is......before and after what he did yesterday, the guy is truly a POS.....

Diesel
01-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Poster child for why sports fans are backlashing against atheletes in general.

Opus
01-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Poster child for why sports fans are backlashing against atheletes in general.yup......it makes you wonder how much is intentional or if he really is just that immature on and off the field. I believe the latter in his case is true.....he's coasted on the free ride his talent has given him and he's turned into a huge spoiled brat who doesn't really understand right or wrong.....

Diesel
01-10-2005, 09:16 AM
He understands, he just doesn't care. I hope the NFL hit's him hard. If it's 30K for a cell phone..............

lloyd
01-10-2005, 10:11 AM
something tells me this incident isnt the only thing you guys have against moss. Im not saying that this wasnt bad, but it was a little thing that adds fuel to the fire.

Esks4ever
01-10-2005, 10:23 AM
No theres alot wrong with Moss.. This isn't first offense, he may have all the talent in the world, he is still a POS

Opus
01-10-2005, 12:08 PM
the list on him is pretty long......I doubt that this will be the last incident, the only question is when and how bad will the next one be.....?!?

earl2
01-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Wow. The guy pretended to moon the fans at Lambeau. We should shoot him. :rolleyes:

Now before you jump all over me, I don't like what he did. I don't like most end-zone celebrations. And yes, Moss has a history of doing and saying stupid things. And yes, he will (and should) be fined by the league. But come on guys, he pretended to moon the crowd!! Maybe if he actually whipped his pants down I could understand the backlash. This is IMO a hell of alot less classless than what others have done this year alone. Jake Plummer giving the crowd the one-fingered salute, Terrell Owens publicly questioning Jeff Garcia's sexuality, TO throwing a football at a sign in the stands... and the list goes on.
Childish? Yes
Immature? Yes
Unnecessary? Yes
Worthy of this sort of backlash? No
Worthy of this amount of discussion? No

Diesel
01-10-2005, 03:49 PM
If it was an isolated thing, then no big deal, however, this moron has come out and said time and time again that he'll do what he wants and he doesn't care what anyone thinks. He's selfish and has no repect for the game or those who came before him. Guys like that deserve to lose everything they have after they retire due to a crack addiction........

Opus
01-10-2005, 04:27 PM
once again the worst part of the incident is forgotten or convieniently tossed aside....the part I have a real problem with was his wiping his ass with the Packers sign on the post..... the moon was mild in comparrisson to that.....

Esks4ever
01-10-2005, 04:28 PM
If it was an isolated thing, then no big deal, however, this moron has come out and said time and time again that he'll do what he wants and he doesn't care what anyone thinks. He's selfish and has no repect for the game or those who came before him. Guys like that deserve to lose everything they have after they retire due to a crack addiction........

exactly....

earl2
01-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Diesel, I like you and I respect you as a poster both here and at 13th man, but I think you're making too much of this. I agree Moss is selfish and childish, and I don't condone what he did. But what he did is no worse than you see at alot of NFL games recently.
I liked Tony Dungy's take on this. He said he thought it was funny as Packer fans have a tradition of mooning opposing players at the team bus after a Packer win.

Opus
01-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Diesel, I like you and I respect you as a poster both here and at 13th man, but I think you're making too much of this. I agree Moss is selfish and childish, and I don't condone what he did. But what he did is no worse than you see at alot of NFL games recently.
I liked Tony Dungy's take on this. He said he thought it was funny as Packer fans have a tradition of mooning opposing players at the team bus after a Packer win.Let me repeat......

once again the worst part of the incident is forgotten or convieniently tossed aside....the part I have a real problem with was his wiping his ass with the Packers sign on the post..... the moon was mild in comparrisson to that.....

Diesel
01-10-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm just getting real sick and tired of guys like Moss, Horn, Owens, Stokes etc. Their garbage has no place in sports. It's no wonder that NASCAR has become the second most popular spectator sport in North America (not just US folks but us canucks included) Drivers have never forgotten that it's the fans who allow them the ability to make millions to do what they love for a living.

Nanookster
01-10-2005, 06:23 PM
He understands, he just doesn't care. I hope the NFL hit's him hard. If it's 30K for a cell phone..............

No- he's still at the pre-conventional level of thinking. He only thinks of himself.

Most 12 year olds and criminals function at the pre-conventional level.

earl2
01-10-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm just getting real sick and tired of guys like Moss, Horn, Owens, Stokes etc. Their garbage has no place in sports

Well I can't argue with that.

Esks4ever
01-11-2005, 07:29 AM
I'm just getting real sick and tired of guys like Moss, Horn, Owens, Stokes etc. Their garbage has no place in sports. .

I agree, they seem to think they're above everyone one else and they can do whatever they feel like. Forgetting the fact its the fans who pay their salary..

Diesel
01-11-2005, 08:22 AM
It's a continual erosion of professionalism in sports, and there's always people quick to say "well it's not that bad etc" BS! These types of guys are pros and should act like ones. You or I cannot act like that in our workplace without being reprimanded, neither should they. I hope the NFL puts a stop to all this garbage in the offseason.

Opus
01-11-2005, 08:27 AM
It's a continual erosion of professionalism in sports, and there's always people quick to say "well it's not that bad etc" BS! These types of guys are pros and should act like ones. You or I cannot act like that in our workplace without being reprimanded, neither should they. I hope the NFL puts a stop to all this garbage in the offseason.Amen!

Diesel
01-11-2005, 08:33 AM
In fact if they want to put an instant stop to it, penalize taunting celebrations by making it a gross personal foul, wiping out the touchdown, and tack on a 15 yard penalty. That would end this crap immediately.

Opus
01-11-2005, 08:38 AM
In fact if they want to put an instant stop to it, penalize taunting celebrations by making it a gross personal foul, wiping out the touchdown, and tack on a 15 yard penalty. That would end this crap immediately.that would sure do it......I just find it funny (well, no I don't) that they would absolutley outlaw a specific motion (throat-slash) but this kind of garbage is allowed to continue....worse yet it is getting worse as it seems some of these players are trying to one-up each other for how outrageous they can be....:mad:

earl2
01-11-2005, 03:42 PM
The problem the NFL faces is that on one hand it wants to get rid of these acts by guys like TO, Horn, Moss, etc. On the other hand they are constantly lambasted by the media (and a significant amount of fans) as being the No Fun League. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. IMO they need to have a balance between letting players celebrate/entertain and preventing the disrespecting of opponents and the game itself. I like the idea of simply fining a player for his actions in the end zone, but maybe they should drastically increase the fines. Hit these guys HARD in the wallet, and maybe they'll think a little more next time.

Germany25
01-11-2005, 03:51 PM
To me it is just ludicrous that these players from visiting teams have the balls to pull this stuff.... twenty / thirty years ago, they would be hunted down in a bar / club at some point and got their s#&t kicked out of them by somebody....
If TO would have done that star move in dallas in 1970, he would have been shot.

earl2
01-11-2005, 04:13 PM
If TO would have done that star move in dallas in 1970, he would have been shot.

That makes me wish TO was playing in 1970...

Joepritch2
01-11-2005, 05:55 PM
That makes me wish TO was playing in 1970...

:lol: :D :thup:

lloyd
01-11-2005, 05:55 PM
In fact if they want to put an instant stop to it, penalize taunting celebrations by making it a gross personal foul, wiping out the touchdown, and tack on a 15 yard penalty. That would end this crap immediately.

your joking right? please tell me your joking.

Diesel
01-11-2005, 06:58 PM
No, not at all. Either that or on a penalty like that the scoring team loses their point after try. Either way displays like that should cost the team points of some sort. That way the team's own players will put a stop to that BS real quick. Fines aren't working.

earl2
01-11-2005, 08:09 PM
The problem with Diesel's solution is that it is completely arbitrary. It's completely up to the official, and realistically something that would be let go one game could be penalized the next.

Joepritch2
01-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Kinda like pass interference?

Diesel
01-11-2005, 08:54 PM
The problem with Diesel's solution is that it is completely arbitrary. It's completely up to the official, and realistically something that would be let go one game could be penalized the next.

If points on the scoreboard are at stake, the teams would self police those types of celebrations and it wouldn't be in the hands of an official.

Joepritch2
01-11-2005, 09:08 PM
... and then we'd TRULY have a "No Fun League." How long would fans take that? "Not For Long."

Diesel
01-11-2005, 09:09 PM
All you'd do is get rid of the taunting / showing up the opposition type celebrations.

Opus
01-11-2005, 09:31 PM
There's no reason they couldn't still let the good stuff go, let them do a little happy dance or something, but some of this stuff is way outta hand....

Diesel
01-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Football didn't start being exciting when these clowns came along. They have no concept of that.

Esks4ever
01-12-2005, 07:54 AM
There's no reason they couldn't still let the good stuff go, let them do a little happy dance or something, but some of this stuff is way outta hand....

Agree'd , and not to be so anal when someone is celebrating a TD and he spikes the ball and it hits either a player of the opposition or a ref...scoring is celebrated in every sport - they just have to curb out the crap like the "mooning" and the rest...

Opus
01-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Agree'd , and not to be so anal when someone is celebrating a TD and he spikes the ball and it hits either a player of the opposition or a ref...scoring is celebrated in every sport - they just have to curb out the crap like the "mooning" and the rest...exactamundo :thup:

lloyd
01-12-2005, 02:29 PM
I like the choreographed stuff that involve the whole team, as long as it isnt offensive to fans or the other team its a fun way to celebrate.

lloyd
01-12-2005, 02:30 PM
I remember how cool it was when the bombers had all those endzone celebrations... back when they actually got in the endzone :D

Diesel
01-12-2005, 02:34 PM
I don't mind the choreographed stuff, but what I can't stand is the types that show up the other team etc...

Opus
01-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Icky Woods was just fine......:thup:

earl2
01-12-2005, 03:50 PM
personally I hate the choreographed stuff. keep it spontaneous. I always wonder how good some of these players would be if they took the time they used rehearsing their end zone "acts" and worked on their game...

lloyd
01-12-2005, 04:29 PM
haha who remembers that commercial where some NFL team hired a choreographer and they practices dances, it was funny stuff!

Diesel
01-12-2005, 06:50 PM
I remember that one. Speaking of which the commercial that the NFL ran that was about fans at the begining of the season was freakin funny!

Esks4ever
01-12-2005, 11:06 PM
personally I hate the choreographed stuff. keep it spontaneous. I always wonder how good some of these players would be if they took the time they used rehearsing their end zone "acts" and worked on their game...

I can not stand Choreographed celebrations. Its poor sportsmanship , as bad as Moss's celebration was, it was spontaneous. And I'm ok with that..

but the stupid dances after every TD (re Winnipeg, Montrea, BCl as the biggiest offender) that is soo very common in the CFL is worse by far IMO

Opus
01-13-2005, 09:01 AM
I'm not a fan of the big dramatic celebrations either, dancing is for the cheerleaders....

.....stuff like the Icky shuffle, Gizmo's flip, slamming the ball over the goal post, or using the post as a punching bag (Ken Norton jr.).......that's the good stuff......

---My favorite comercial was the one with the ref talking to the crowd after making a call..... "you remember that pass interference call from the first quarter, consider this a make-up" :lol:

Nanookster
01-13-2005, 12:23 PM
The Gizmo flip was the best!

It wasn't "in your face!"