PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Beltran

Evil Dr. Len
01-10-2005, 06:56 AM
First off, the guy says he wants a 10 year deal because he wants a place to call home. A quiet place to call...kinda like Houston...

oh yeah, he wants between 15 - 20 mil a year too!!

So after turning down a 7 year/112 mil contract from the 'stros...he calls Steinbrenner saying he'll play for less than 100mil - - this guy is as much of a media poser as A-Rod :mad: For once, Steinbrenner said no!!

Anyway, he ends up signing with the Mets for 7 year/119 mil...enjoy you're nice quiet place to live

Esks4ever
01-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Baseball's salaries are skyrocketing too quick. Somethng has to be done.. I love baseball , but this type of crap makes me sick... players get paid 10 mil a season, and they half-ass it. Its such a rare thing to see a player actually wanna play for the love of the game - its all about cash now.. fans are going to be getting pissed since their costs will increase so teams can keep affording to play their players, then the fans wont go to the games......hrmm sorta what the movie BaseketBall showed, that perhaps isn't that far off :)

Joepritch2
01-10-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm a Brewers fan, but I think it's a shame he didn't settle down in Houston. Now he goes into the money pit known as the Mets, aka the Wannabes.