PDA

View Full Version : What's been going on in the World of Sports?

Sandy - Edmonton
01-12-2005, 06:47 AM
...so I was in India for the past 3 weeks....

Only went on the Internet once.....

ESPN India and Star Sports had nothing but Cricket and Soccer on all day...so basically had no clue what's been going on in the world of Sports.....

Update anyone?

Eskimos?

Oilers?

Junior Prospects?

WJC?

Vince Carter/Raps?

Anything else?

Thanks........

Evil Dr. Len
01-12-2005, 06:55 AM
1)Vince Carter finally got traded...he went to the New Jersey Nets for a couple of guys with the last name Williams & Alonzo Mourning(who went straight to the injured list and is likely never to play a game as a Raptor) It should be mentioned that the day after the trade it was reported that in Carter's last game as a Rap, he apparantly tipped off the play to the opposing team in the last minute.

2)Eskimos...Macicoca is our new coach still no OC...Dunnigan has apparantly been fired in Calgary, and many fans would like Dunigan to be our new OC, IMO unfortunately Ron Lancaster Jr seems to be the frontrunner for the job...speaking of Calgary, Higgins is apparantly going to be their new GM & Coach

3) Oilers are still on strike and the Roadrunners are doing well...4th in their division but only 6 pts out of first.

4) Canada won the world junior championship EASILY...Patrice Bergeron won the MVP...at no point in the tournament did Canada ever trail

Biggest news of late has been the official signing of Mobley!!

Hope you had a safe and happy visit to India...welcome back

Nanookster
01-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Welcome home.

I'm guessing you made it out of India OK?

Sandy - Edmonton
01-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks Evil Dr. EE

Sandy - Edmonton
01-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Welcome home.

I'm guessing you made it out of India OK?

Of course.....the earthquake was wayy down in the south. I stayed up in the Northern State of Punjab........

For the record, it was pretty cold..

Esks4ever
01-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Of course.....the earthquake was wayy down in the south. I stayed up in the Northern State of Punjab........

For the record, it was pretty cold..

How cold are we talking... considering I'm looking at the temp now and its -31. so what was it there.. 14 degrees ? :D

lloyd
01-12-2005, 11:23 PM
(sarcasm on) Some mediocre linebacker re-signed :D (sarcasm off)

Sandy - Edmonton
01-13-2005, 01:33 AM
How cold are we talking... considering I'm looking at the temp now and its -31. so what was it there.. 14 degrees ? :D

Usually around 5-7 degrees in the morning....

Hard to explain...but the cold is different over there....

Evil Dr. Len
01-13-2005, 07:12 AM
Thanks Evil Dr. EE

Your Welcome :D
feel free to give me some rep ;)

Esks4ever
01-13-2005, 07:15 AM
Usually around 5-7 degrees in the morning....

Hard to explain...but the cold is different over there....

it may be - but I'd take that "cold" over what we have right now :)

Opus
01-13-2005, 09:03 AM
what.......you don't like -33 E4E?..........guy called in to the radio station, said it was -38 on the Whitemud this morning

lloyd
01-13-2005, 10:16 AM
I blame Mike Sobel (whos real name isnt mike at all)

Nanookster
01-13-2005, 12:11 PM
-51 with the windchill today in cool pool. It is outside our ejection envelope so they have me teaching Human Factors in Military Aviation. It's a dry subject but I have allot of cool videos for it! (Of people in airplanes screwing up)