PDA

View Full Version : Confidence high in flat-land

Sandy - Edmonton
01-19-2005, 07:50 PM
this from Riderfans...

"I think though that their horse shoe may have finally run out. In the past when they were ripe for the picking there weren't enough teams to make them pay for their weaknesses.

If the Riders re-sign Hank I do not see Edmonton finishing ahead of either BC or Saskatchewan. The question is, though, will either Calgary or Winnipeg be good enough to displace Edmonton or will Edmonton continue to be lucky in their "bad" years? It may require a team crossing over from the East to displace Edmonton out of the playoffs.

Imagine... Riders and Lions making the playoffs and the Stamps, Esks and Bombers missing the playoffs. It would be truly a dream come true!"

_____

"Edmonton seems to be comming apart at the seams. They started off good by firing Flanders. Maccocia is an unknown as a head coach, but he's gotta be an improvment. Giving the OC to RD JR and losing Marshall are steps backwards though. I'm loving it!"

Yup...the Esks are just falling apart..... :rolleyes: Year after year, certain Riderfans make these same predictions.......

*sigh*

they never seem to learn....

tsk tsk.. :confused:

Angelus
01-19-2005, 07:54 PM
What else is new... :rolleyes:

No worries yet.

Diesel
01-19-2005, 07:57 PM
If Marshall, leaves, I'm concerned.

GeeBrr
01-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Consider the source though, that is from the notorious MFOT which is short for Mutha F***a out of touch :cool:

lloyd
01-19-2005, 08:18 PM
I dont see what the purpose of this post is?

esks4life
01-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Who in Riderville actually said that? Just fans in general? Dumbasses. Being in Regina Ive already been hearing it at work from Rider fans. If I see something good on this site that puts Rider fans in there place, I print it off and post it on the bulletin board. Its usually ripped down and someone tells me to F off. :rolleyes:

Edmonton Fan
01-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Rider fans will be rider fans. :)

Inquiring Mind
01-19-2005, 08:44 PM
You must realize though.... there is like else nothing to do in this province. And when the football team wins a Grey Cup about as often as Halley's comet comes around..... they have to trash talk in the off season :D

lloyd
01-19-2005, 09:09 PM
how is that trash talking! look at some of the posts around here, they show the same concern as what MFOT wrote there.

chyep
01-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Who in Riderville actually said that? Just fans in general? Dumbasses. Being in Regina Ive already been hearing it at work from Rider fans. If I see something good on this site that puts Rider fans in there place, I print it off and post it on the bulletin board. Its usually ripped down and someone tells me to F off. :rolleyes:
:lol: :thup:

Sandy - Edmonton
01-19-2005, 09:31 PM
I dont see what the purpose of this post is?

I'll explain. For about 7 off-seasons now, SOME Riderfans have continously made fearless predictions in the off-season about how they're going to finish in the top 2, and how they'll finish ahead of the Esks.

The bolded words just illustrate how some Rider fans never learn to stop making predictions that have not, for 7 years turned out:

Just re-read this statement:

"If the Riders re-sign Hank I do not see Edmonton finishing ahead of either BC or Saskatchewan. The question is, though, will either Calgary or Winnipeg be good enough to displace Edmonton or will Edmonton continue to be lucky in their "bad" years? It may require a team crossing over from the East to displace Edmonton out of the playoffs."

Lots of fearless prediction.

To be fair, not all riderfans are like this. Here's an example from that thread:

"Too many times in the past have I heard the Esks are done and that the upcoming year will be the one where they miss the playoffs. I am through ever predicting that again until I actually see it happen once."

Esks4ever
01-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Who cares what they think.. I'm sure next week's Rider fan's meeting will be planning a new route for the grey cup that they are so sure they'll win this coming season..

Speaking of Grey cup... Looks like the Home team who hosts the Cup one year will win it the next....

Mont vs Edm in Edmonton Mon wins
Mont vs Edm in Regina Edm wins
BC vs Toronto in Ottawa Toronto win..

Nope don't see Sask in there.. end of a pattern :)

lloyd
01-19-2005, 10:27 PM
I know what your saying, but the boggling part is that these are similar concerns that have been echoed on this site for the past week or so. You cant offended every time you read that someone doesnt think your team will do well. I think Calgary has the potential to finish anywhere from 2 to 5th in the west, weather or not they or the bombers can displace the esks is yet to be seen, but it will be another wild year in the west, that is for sure!

gizmo fan 2
01-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Let 'em be confident...we can be the underdog for once. Makes it that much more fun to beat them. :thup:

lloyd
01-20-2005, 12:22 AM
I see no reason for any team in the west not to be confident.

Evil Dr. Len
01-20-2005, 08:27 AM
From what I remember of last year, the Esks were favoured to finish 1st or 2nd with the Riders/Lions/Bombers anywhere from 2nd to 4th and the Stamps were pegged to be last.

This year...I don't think the Esks are shoe-ins for 1st or 2nd - - actually I don't think any team in the west is a shoe in for 1st or 2nd, and with Calgary not being a doormat this year it will be an exciting season.

Going further, if the Joseph stays healthy I believe the Gades are contenders which pretty much tightens up that East division...

they discuss parity a lot in that other football league, I think this season every team not named Montreal will be in dogfight to finish over .500

Opus
01-20-2005, 08:35 AM
From what I remember of last year, the Esks were favoured to finish 1st or 2nd with the Riders/Lions/Bombers anywhere from 2nd to 4th and the Stamps were pegged to be last.

This year...I don't think the Esks are shoe-ins for 1st or 2nd - - actually I don't think any team in the west is a shoe in for 1st or 2nd, and with Calgary not being a doormat this year it will be an exciting season.

Going further, if the Joseph stays healthy I believe the Gades are contenders which pretty much tightens up that East division...

they discuss parity a lot in that other football league, I think this season every team not named Montreal will be in dogfight to finish over .500nicely put.....

Let em talk about our demise, that would be the greatest thing for many of them next to a Grey Cup victory......

Sure, we have concerns for the year upcoming, why wouldn't we.....I can't recall any offseason where there were not concerns....the attitude that things can always be improved upon is one of the reasons why the EE have been so successfull.

Diesel
01-20-2005, 09:29 AM
On paper, the Lions have to be considered the favorite to finish first in the West prior to the season getting underway. 2-5 will be a dogfight this year.

56Parkies
01-20-2005, 11:06 AM
I think this season every team not named Montreal will be in dogfight to finish over .500

Don't forget; Montreal could be losing 3 starting receivers this year:

Cahoon is trying to coach coach BYU, Copeland is eligible for free agency and Anderson signing in the NFL.

Could be a tough year for the Als as well!

lloyd
01-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Don't forget; Montreal could be losing 3 starting receivers this year:

Cahoon is trying to coach coach BYU, Copeland is eligible for free agency and Anderson signing in the NFL.

Could be a tough year for the Als as well!

and Fritz might be in the NFL.

Edmonton Fan
01-20-2005, 06:11 PM

they discuss parity a lot in that other football league, I think this season every team not named Montreal will be in dogfight to finish over .500

Great post.

GeeBrr
01-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Great post.

I could see Montreal falling off a little this year as well.

lloyd
01-20-2005, 08:18 PM
I could see Montreal falling off a little this year as well.

I've said that to myself for the past 4 years.

GeeBrr
01-20-2005, 08:45 PM
I've said that to myself for the past 4 years.

Yeh, but with Cahoon, and Anderson potentially gone, Cavil with concussion issues, and Copeland a free agent, with some average at best running backs, and no depth at QB, it could be a long year for the Als offence.

They also have a lot of free agents in the secondary.

Granted Popp has always been able to find guys, and their front 7 is out standing in the style of defense they played (except it seemed to be figured out a little better towards the end of the season)

A lot of good free agents out there, but right now it doesn't look like they are head and shoulders above everyone else in the East.

Inquiring Mind
01-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Yeh, but with Cahoon, and Anderson potentially gone, Cavil with concussion issues, and Copeland a free agent, with some average at best running backs, and no depth at QB, it could be a long year for the Als offence.

They also have a lot of free agents in the secondary.

Granted Popp has always been able to find guys, and their front 7 is out standing in the style of defense they played (except it seemed to be figured out a little better towards the end of the season)

A lot of good free agents out there, but right now it doesn't look like they are head and shoulders above everyone else in the East.

As long as they have Calvillo, I think Montreal will find a way. As long as he has a competent QB, Mathews always manages to make something happen.

SRKeith28
01-20-2005, 11:27 PM
rider fans are rider fans we like to sturr the pot when the goings good :thup:

lloyd
01-21-2005, 12:26 PM
rider fans are rider fans we like to sturr the pot when the goings good

things are going good?

SRKeith28
01-21-2005, 06:30 PM
things are going good?

yes i was half asleep when i typed that lol :D

esks4life
01-21-2005, 07:46 PM
i was half asleep
excuse used by riders last year. :thup:

Nanookster
01-21-2005, 10:15 PM
yes i was half asleep when i typed that lol :D

Is't thise yor ecuse four everie poste?

(written in code so only he can understand)

Nanookster
01-21-2005, 10:19 PM
I'll explain. For about 7 off-seasons now, SOME Riderfans have continously made fearless predictions in the off-season about how they're going to finish in the top 2, and how they'll finish ahead of the Esks.

The bolded words just illustrate how some Rider fans never learn to stop making predictions that have not, for 7 years turned out:

Just re-read this statement:

"If the Riders re-sign Hank I do not see Edmonton finishing ahead of either BC or Saskatchewan. The question is, though, will either Calgary or Winnipeg be good enough to displace Edmonton or will Edmonton continue to be lucky in their "bad" years? It may require a team crossing over from the East to displace Edmonton out of the playoffs."

Lots of fearless prediction.

To be fair, not all riderfans are like this. Here's an example from that thread:

"Too many times in the past have I heard the Esks are done and that the upcoming year will be the one where they miss the playoffs. I am through ever predicting that again until I actually see it happen once."

Great post! This is the same old concern Rider fans have every year - EDMONTON. They overly concern themselves with EDMONTON.

Rider fans predict a first place finish and a Grey Cup every year.

That is until the first game of the season is played. Then they face reality.

lloyd
01-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Great post! This is the same old concern Rider fans have every year - EDMONTON. They overly concern themselves with EDMONTON.

Rider fans predict a first place finish and a Grey Cup every year.

That is until the first game of the season is played. Then they face reality.

I wouldnt flatter yourself too much. Although who wouldnt be happy with a divisional rival looking a bit disheveled in January.

Opus
01-21-2005, 11:36 PM
I care more about October and November personally, but to each his own.....:D

lloyd
01-21-2005, 11:40 PM
I care more about October and November personally, but to each his own.....:D

If you dont play your cards right you wont be seeing any november ball! :D

Opus
01-21-2005, 11:43 PM
If you dont play your cards right you wont be seeing any november ball! :D:eek: I don't check out balls no matter what month it is....like I said, to each his own (I thought you dug Sea-lions dude?), but we're supposed to be talking about Football in this forum anyway Lloyd.....:D :lol: :cool:

lloyd
01-21-2005, 11:59 PM
ball was singular, but if you prefer a one balled man then hey, nobodys stopping you!

Opus
01-23-2005, 09:41 PM
......and Lloyd's off to the rodeo........http://www.websmileys.com/sm/music/musik05.gif

lloyd
01-24-2005, 01:05 AM
......and Lloyd's off to the rodeo........http://www.websmileys.com/sm/music/musik05.gif

the rodeo... or the rock concert????

Opus
01-24-2005, 10:05 AM
.......Lloyd has never heard the rodeo song???

Diesel
01-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Well how many people know their official provincial song, anyway?

Opus
01-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Well how many people know their official provincial song, anyway?:lol: .....and here I thought it was always the theme song from 'Deliverance'.....:D

Diesel
01-24-2005, 10:12 AM
They just play that as an intro :lol:

lloyd
01-24-2005, 03:45 PM
:lol: .....and here I thought it was always the theme song from 'Deliverance'.....:D
Fishman, you have just lowered yourself to bomber fan standards, its really a shame. Next thing you and Troy will be BFF.

(awaiting GeeBrr rebutle)

Opus
01-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Oh hush Lloyd.......it's the off-season and there's nothing better to do......

lloyd
01-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Oh hush Lloyd.......it's the off-season and there's nothing better to do......

I know, and I cant find any farms in Edmonton to go cow-tipping either....

Opus
01-24-2005, 04:28 PM
That's cause all the Cows around here are all crazy don't you know......

Esks4ever
01-24-2005, 05:53 PM
I know, and I cant find any farms in Edmonton to go cow-tipping either....

cheating on your seal friend, lloyd ? :)