PDA

View Full Version : A Giz/Pinball like player shines at the Senior Bowl

Esks4ever
01-30-2005, 12:05 PM
Anyone watch the Senior Bowl yesterday ? Theres a player there that looks and plays like a cross of Pinball and Gizmo... wonder what CFL club is looking at him...

Sproles shines

AP

MOBILE, Alabama -- Darren Sproles ran for a touchdown, Charlie Frye threw for 138 yards and a score, and Mike Nugent kicked three field goals in the Senior Bowl to lead the North to a 23-13 victory yesterday over the South. The game capped a week-long audition for top NFL prospects and wound up showcasing lesser-known players such as Akron's Frye and the game's smallest player in Kansas State's Sproles, who's trying to prove he can play in the NFL despite his size.

The five-foot-five Sproles of Kansas State outplayed bigger tailbacks, darting through the middle for 24 yards and the game's first touchdown with 10:07 left in the third quarter, immediately ripping off his helmet to celebrate the score.

Frye was the North's most effective quarterback, completing 10 of 12 passes and hitting Northwestern's Noah Herron for a 22-yard touchdown in the final minutes to earn Most Valuable Player honours.

Oshiomogho Atogwe of Windsor, Ont., a five-foot-11, 203-pound defensive back from Stanford, was on the roster for the victorious North side.

Sproles gained 55 yards on five carries to earn North offensive player of the game honours.

Andrew
01-30-2005, 12:38 PM
I've watched Sproles alot, he's my favorite player in the NCAA. Even though he's very undersized I can see him making the show. The CFL's a very good possibility though.

lloyd
01-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Sproles is apparently on the Riders Neg list, he is expected to draft in the mid rounds, however i really dont see him catching on much at 5'5 in the NFL.

Ryanoles
02-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Sproles has shined throughout his career in the NCAA with K-State.

It's a possibility he will end up in the CFL at some point, but I can see him first exhausting his NFL options, which will be given.