PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day

Evil Dr. Len
02-01-2005, 07:12 AM
I've already got the friendly reminder from my wife so I handing out that friendly reminder to all the hubbies, boyfriends, wannabe boyfriends and also the flip-side of wives, girlfriends, wannabe girlfriends...the "hallmark" day of sucking up is two weeks away

The real reminder behind this message...if you're one of the people who use Valentines to take your significant other out to a restaurant for supper...BOOK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made the mistake of waiting until the week-end before to try and book a dinner at the KEG last year and failed...and finding another restaurant on such short notice :rolleyes: Thank goodness my wife was pregnant last Valentines and was willing to settle for McDonald's(yes I'm still embarassed)

Muley69
02-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Gawd I hate Valentines Day.

Even my wife starting dropping hints...and I tell you what, she NEVER did that when we were dating/engaged.

Diesel
02-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Having no g/f currently makes my wallet happy that I can steer clear of flower shops etc.... Instead, I'm going skiing this weekend. :thup:

Opus
02-01-2005, 09:41 AM
I must admit that the ball & chain doesn't mind being frugal when it comes to this stupid day.....perhaps a card, but the flowers or dinner can wait until the weekend after, much cheaper.....who says Valentine's day has to fall on the 14th?

Sniper_Fire
02-01-2005, 09:53 AM
When you are right, you are right. Valentine's Day is a man's opportunity to commercially make up for (check as many as are applicable) :
A: Coming home late. Every night for 3 weeks.
B: Forgetting to take the trash out. For the entire month of December.
C: Remembering "Guy's Poker Night", but not her birthday, anniversary, etc.
D: Breaking her 2 piece glass menagerie collection during Higgin's "fake punt" call during last year's West Semi by hurling a mini-football in the living room.
E: all of the above

Having said that, Esklover gets my crayola-produced, grade 3-esque, candy-taped-to-it Valentine for having donated to the site. :thup:
*Cut and retain this coupon for one free trip to the fast food joint of your choosing. Only over 18 can enter. Limitations apply. See Sniper for details*

Diesel
02-01-2005, 09:59 AM
When you are right, you are right. Valentine's Day is a man's opportunity to commercially make up for (check as many as are applicable) :
A: Coming home late. Every night for 3 weeks.
B: Forgetting to take the trash out. For the entire month of December.
C: Remembering "Guy's Poker Night", but not her birthday, anniversary, etc.
D: Breaking her 2 piece glass menagerie collection during Higgin's "fake punt" call during last year's West Semi by hurling a mini-football in the living room.
E: all of the above

Having said that, Esklover gets my crayola-produced, grade 3-esque, candy-taped-to-it Valentine for having donated to the site. :thup:
*Cut and retain this coupon for one free trip to the fast food joint of your choosing. Only over 18 can enter. Limitations apply. See Sniper for details*

LOL, they'd have you think that it makes up for the above but we all know it never does.

lloyd
02-01-2005, 11:25 AM
who says Valentine's day has to fall on the 14th?
The flower shops, thats who.

Opus
02-01-2005, 11:27 AM
The flower shops, thats who.ya well, I got a way around that.....buy on the 15th or 16th.....I like spending about 1/4 of what the price was the day before.....:D

56Parkies
02-01-2005, 11:52 AM
It's WAYYYYY more romantic to make the extra effort to make a home-cooked gourmet meal; candles, soft music. The fact it means ya don't have to make reservations doesn't hurt either.. ;)

Of course, I'm a guy, so perhaps I'm way off here.. :p

esklover
02-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Valentines Day is over-rated..Parkies has got the right idea though...Romance is nice but it is nice everyday, a little here and there - not forced upon you because of one date on the calendar. I have never actually done anything for Valentines Day, and personally I don't feel like I have missed out. :)

Diesel
02-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Get your lady a spa package on feb 20th, that way you can watch the Daytona 500 and not feel guilty (or bothered) :D

Nanookster
02-01-2005, 12:07 PM
I noticed it was coming up. The cards were being put out at Christmas.

earl2
02-01-2005, 09:18 PM
My birthday is on Feb 13, and my wifes is on the 15th, so early in our relationship we made the decision to ignore Valentines Day. It would make for a much too expensive week.

I really dodged that bullet!!

GeeBrr
02-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Mine is pretty good, she doesnt ask for much, just time together really, although she cant just want roses...It has to be white roses :rolleyes: $$$, I paid 45 bucks for 6 white roses last year, not alot of money but they are going to die in 2 weeks. Jewellery really is a smart purchase.

gizmo fan 2
02-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Having no g/f currently makes my wallet happy that I can steer clear of flower shops etc.

Echo that. :thup:

Evil Dr. Len
02-13-2005, 09:00 AM
LAST WARNING

get your special someome something NOW

Edmonton Fan
02-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Valentines Day... :rolleyes: :lol:

Esks4ever
02-13-2005, 12:18 PM
LAST WARNING

get your special someome something NOW

Noooo last warning its at 6am on Valentine's Day :)

Edmonton Fan
02-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Noooo last warning its at 6am on Valentine's Day :)

I'm under the impression that you're one of those people who likes to leave everything until the last possible second? :lol:

esks4life
02-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Im also one of those guys that likes to stand with 30 other guys for an hour at wal mart on the 14th searching thru endless cards until I find what I think is the perfect card.

Inquiring Mind
02-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Having no g/f currently makes my wallet happy that I can steer clear of flower shops etc.... Instead, I'm going skiing this weekend. :thup:

Damn straight...... and being single has the added bonus of being able to wheel the particularely lonely chicks on the big day... :lol:

I've actually always actively avoided being attached between Christmas and Valentines Day..... nothing good comes out of having steady gf's over that period.... you either get them something good and set the bar to high from then on or end up disappointing them.... there is no happy medium.

esklover
02-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Damn straight...... and being single has the added bonus of being able to wheel the particularely lonely chicks on the big day... :lol:

I've actually always actively avoided being attached between Christmas and Valentines Day..... nothing good comes out of having steady gf's over that period.... you either get them something good and set the bar to high from then on or end up disappointing them.... there is no happy medium.

Interesting strategy???? :confused:

Edmonton Fan
02-13-2005, 07:16 PM

You're a smart one.

Inquiring Mind
02-13-2005, 07:24 PM
You're a smart one.

That.... or there's a lack of demand.....

I wouldn't rule out the latter....:lol:

esklover
02-13-2005, 07:35 PM
That.... or there's a lack of demand.....

I wouldn't rule out the latter....:lol:

And now the truth comes out.... ;)

Joepritch2
02-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Don't you mean "International Singles Awareness Day?"

Muley69
02-13-2005, 11:18 PM
I once dated a chick and our first date was Valentine's Day.

Turns out she was CRAZY. In other words, there was a REASON she was single on the most romantic day of the year...

Opus
02-13-2005, 11:26 PM
:lol:......you just reminded me of a buddy of mine Muley......nicest guy you'd ever meet, give you the shirt off his back, but all he seems to attract are psychos...:lol:

Esks4ever
02-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Last Chance people :lol:

Phrost
02-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Its holidays like this that make me lean towards being single all the time. Damn women always making big fusses over stuff like this. Buy me a case of beer and Im happier then hell

esks4life
02-20-2005, 05:33 PM
I know Valentines is over but its never to late to see some nice Valentines girls. The twins are my favourite.
http://www.thewolfrocks.com/wolfgirls2003.html

EsksDiehard1
02-25-2005, 02:27 PM
i 'm exactly like muley i do the same thing 2

Diesel
02-25-2005, 10:32 PM
:lol:......you just reminded me of a buddy of mine Muley......nicest guy you'd ever meet, give you the shirt off his back, but all he seems to attract are psychos...:lol:

I went thru a streak like that last spring/summer. :eek: To quote Night Court, " I'm muuuuuch better now!" :D