PDA

View Full Version : T.O will play in the Superbowl

Edmonton Fan
02-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Heres the story: http://tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?ID=113409&hubName=nfl

At practice he was running, making cuts, catching passes.. everything. He will be ready for the Superbowl.

Terrell Owens left little doubt about his status for the Super Bowl.

With the Super Bowl hype shifting into overdrive on Media Day, Owens held court in front a large group of reporters and photographers.

"I will play," Owens said.

Owens, a five-time Pro Bowl receiver who underwent right ankle surgery less than six weeks ago practiced with the Eagles on Monday for the first time since suffering a broken right fibula and ankle ligament damage in a December 19 game against Dallas. Three days later, Owens had two screws and a plate inserted in the ankle.

"I felt great," Owens said about Monday's practice. "I'm in a position to prove a lot of people wrong. A lot of people are really doubting me.

"I'm thanking God at every moment for this opportunity."

The surgery was to require eight to 10 weeks of recovery, but Owens feels he's ready to play a big part in the Eagles offence on Sunday.

"The sky is the limit for me. There are no limitations".

Owens was asked by a reporter whether or not he thought it was a miracle that he could play.

"I think God has blessed me," Owens stated. "In the last couple of weeks I've had some people come up to the house and pray for me...If you don't believe in miracles, just wait until Sunday."

The Eagles (15-3) are in the Super Bowl for the first time since 1980. The Patriots (16-2) are seeking their third title in four years. Only the Dallas Cowboys achieved that from 1992-95.

Media Day is familiar territory for the Patriots, who have more than 40 players with Super Bowl rings. Quarterback Tom Brady is a two-time Super Bowl Most Valuable Player who can match his idol Joe Montana with a third on Sunday.

The Eagles have just three players with Super Bowl rings.

Chucker44
02-01-2005, 09:23 AM
I wonder how many plays? He'll suit up and try a route, no doubt. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

This would be a great vBookie event! The odds would be tough to figure out though.

Esks4ever
02-01-2005, 10:16 AM
It's still not 100% he'll play..It'll be a game time decision...

and tagged ya... :D

Edmonton Fan
02-01-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm just curious to see how he reacts after he get's hit the first time, that will tell the viewers whether he will be able to play, or whether he is not healthy enough.

Esks4ever
02-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Well he says he is playing...against his doctors wishes...dont know how smart of a move this is.....

Opus
02-01-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm holding out hope that he'll be greatly disappointed.....

Edmonton Fan
02-01-2005, 09:23 PM
T.O knows himself better then anyone, I said it once, I'll say it again. Terrell Owens will take himself out of the game if he feels like he's a Hindrance to the Phillidelphia Eagles.

esks4life
02-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Seems like no one is giving Owens, let alone the Eagles, a chance to win this game. I think they will surprise many.

Edmonton Fan
02-01-2005, 09:25 PM
I'm holding out hope that he'll be greatly disappointed.....

I sense someone doesn't exactly like New Englands chances with T.O. in the Philly lineup. :lol:

Edmonton Fan
02-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Seems like no one is giving Owens, let alone the Eagles, a chance to win this game. I think they will surprise many.

You and me both, I said from the beginning that it would be Philly and New England in the Super Bowl, and I always have liked Phillys chances. They have a great defence, and a pretty damn good offense.

Eagles by 3.

Opus
02-01-2005, 09:33 PM
I sense someone doesn't exactly like New Englands chances with T.O. in the Philly lineup. :lol:oh, you didn't mean in the score? I thought you meant in him having another cast put on his leg.....:lol:

Esks4ever
02-02-2005, 07:53 AM
T.O knows himself better then anyone, I said it once, I'll say it again. Terrell Owens will take himself out of the game if he feels like he's a Hindrance to the Phillidelphia Eagles.

I can not see him doing this...if he can walk he'll play....its the superbowl.. he'll have all offseason to re-coop...

Diesel
02-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if they go after him early and play real physical on him to get him thinking about how his leg feels.

lloyd
02-02-2005, 10:20 AM
On a side note, whats with McNabbs weird facial hair.

Esks4ever
02-02-2005, 10:50 AM
On a side note, whats with McNabbs weird facial hair.

looks better than Michael Jacksons.....

Opus
02-02-2005, 11:01 AM
man, why did you even have to go there?......

Esks4ever
02-02-2005, 11:03 AM
man, why did you even have to go there?......

I have a lack of judgement :)

Opus
02-02-2005, 11:07 AM
no arguing that.....sheesh....

Muley69
02-02-2005, 12:17 PM
If T.O. plays and is hurt in a crucial play/point of the game, and it winds up costing the Eagles the Superbowl....

...then the things Eagle fans will do in Philly will make what happened to McCallum look like a hero's welcome.

Opus
02-02-2005, 12:31 PM
I have a feeling the riot squad will have their hands full regardless of the outcome Sunday night.....

Edmonton Fan
02-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Interesting takes on this subject. :lol:

lloyd
02-02-2005, 08:02 PM
If T.O. plays and is hurt in a crucial play/point of the game, and it winds up costing the Eagles the Superbowl....

...then the things Eagle fans will do in Philly will make what happened to McCallum look like a hero's welcome.
:thup: :D