PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl thread

Edmonton Fan
02-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Philly and New England are two very even teams, this is going to be an exciting defensive game, anybody who thinks the Eagles don't have a chance in this game are so wrong. McNabb and Owens will destroy the New England Defense.

GO EAGLES! 0-0 12 minutes to go in the second quarter.

Edmonton Fan
02-06-2005, 05:33 PM
TOUCHDOWN EAGLES!!!!!!!!!! 7-0 with about 8 to go until halftime.

McNabb to Smith.

earl2
02-06-2005, 06:37 PM
7-7 at halftime. And I don't care how old he is, Paul McCartney still has it! Although when he took off his jacket I was afraid he was gonna show his nipple...

esks4life
02-06-2005, 08:05 PM
7-7 at halftime. And I don't care how old he is, Paul McCartney still has it! Although when he took off his jacket I was afraid he was gonna show his nipple...
Me to!! I had 25 big ones riding on it. What a tease. :lol:

Edmonton Fan
02-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Tough loss for the Eagles.

earl2
02-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm not a big Pats fan, but I was today! Doesn't bother me in the least to see the Eagles lose.
I do wonder what they'll be saying in Philly about McNabb who looked like he was just starting to lose his reputation for choking in big games. He played OK today, but 3 INT's in the SuperBowl is hard to overlook. And the first one by Harrison was simply a terribly thrown ball at a crucial moment.

Edmonton Fan
02-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Could've easily had 5 INT's too.. if McNabb doesn't throw an INT in this game the game goes Philly's way IMO.

Edmonton Fan
02-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Atleast T.O proved all the nay-sayers wrong and had one hell of a game.

Esks4ever
02-07-2005, 07:27 AM
It was a good game, I enjoyed every bit of it... I wasn't much of a Pats fan before, but after watching them during the post season, I really do like the team... congratz Pats :thup:

esks4life
02-07-2005, 05:30 PM
McNabb not only threw picks, but he was throwing high all game. Receivers jumping 10 feet in the air and being overthrown. He was basically the reason the Eagles lost. Besides the Pats D playing great.

esklover
02-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Donovan McNabb was so ill in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl that a Philadelphia Eagles teammate called one play in the huddle, center Hank Fraley told a TV station.

This news story was released earlier this evening...do you think that they are trying to justify McNabb's effort or do you think he was really not feeling well...either way I feel that it is irrelevent. They lost - the game is over...

Esks4ever
02-09-2005, 07:32 AM
This news story was released earlier this evening...do you think that they are trying to justify McNabb's effort or do you think he was really not feeling well...either way I feel that it is irrelevent. They lost - the game is over...

I think he really wasn't feeling well.. he had a similar prob in another game in the past, where he was puking on the sidelines... but I do think they are releasing this info now, so fans won't be so rabid against McNabb...

Edmonton Fan
02-09-2005, 07:35 AM
He was ill, but I hardly think that was the deciding factor in the game.

esks4life
02-09-2005, 09:27 AM
He was ill, but I hardly think that was the deciding factor in the game.
I dunno...have you ever tried running around with barf in your mouth? or tried to call plays while feeling queezy? Im not saying they would have won for sure but it could have been different if he was healthier.

Edmonton Fan
02-09-2005, 09:52 AM
I dunno...have you ever tried running around with barf in your mouth? or tried to call plays while feeling queezy? Im not saying they would have won for sure but it could have been different if he was healthier.

Well they would've operated their 2 minute drill better, no question. But I still think the 3 INT's, specifically the one in the first quarter was the deciding factor in the game. Sure being ill played a part in the loss, but not a big one IMO.

I was cheering for the Eagles, and I thought something was wrong with McNabb when I saw how they were operating their 2 minute drill.

Esks4ever
02-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Well now we have McNabb denying he was sick during the 4th quarter....

MEEZY
02-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Well now we have McNabb denying he was sick during the 4th quarter....

Well, that does make sense, because if he admitted he was sick, that would reflect poorly on himself, and by implication, on the team. Professional athletes are expected to play under adverse conditions and not make excuses; otherwise, they would draw harsh criticism from the media about being "crybabies" and not being valuable to their team. In most cases, athletes do disguise the fact that they are sick or injured, and this is a classy move.

Phrost
02-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Im a huge Eagles fan, watch every game that I can, and judging by McNabbs performance...not just on the field but off as well you could tell something wasnt right. You can usually tell how hes feeling by the relaxed/joking attidue he plays on teh field. Maybe nervs made him sick but its been said he was battling the flu throughout the week....not to mention the two minute offense didnt happen...the only reason I can think of why is because McNabb couldnt yell the plays that well so he had to huddle.

McNabb is just saying he wasnt sick because he isnt the type of player that blames something else...he has already taken full credit for the loss. I feel bad for the guy because now you have all these Philly fans doubting his ability which is odd considering he just got you to the big game.

Esks4ever
02-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Well said Phrost...

Edmonton Fan
02-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Dry heaves, so apparently that O-Lineman was over-exaggerating just a little bit.

T.O. was a god damn soldier though! If Deion Branch hadn't had the game he had Owens could've very well got MVP honours.

earl2
02-11-2005, 04:06 PM
If Deion Branch hadn't had the game he had Owens could've very well got MVP honours.

Not to diminish T.O.'s game, but if Branch wasn't MVP, it should have gone to Harrison or Bruschi. Those two were dominating on defence.

esklover
02-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Not to diminish T.O.'s game, but if Branch wasn't MVP, it should have gone to Harrison or Bruschi. Those two were dominating on defence.

As always, I would have to agree with you earl2... :)

Phrost
02-12-2005, 09:48 AM
The Eagles would of had to won if T.O was to be given credit for MVP...but he easily was the best player on the field for the team. Gotta love seeing it to, especially when all those media and critics said he was selfish for playing. Like he said in his interview if it would of been a guy like Brett Favre everyone would of thought he was a god...but considering it was T.O of course he is being selfish.

Opus
02-12-2005, 12:51 PM
he made his bed with his actions in the past...

Edmonton Fan
02-12-2005, 06:41 PM
he made his bed with his actions in the past...

The media blows everything about T.O. so out of porportion it's not even funny anymore. T.O. is T.O., the media trys to make him look bad, and alot of people buy into their little gimmick.

earl2
02-12-2005, 10:35 PM
As always, I would have to agree with you earl2...

Thanks, esklover. I always knew you were one smart cookie.

Oh, and by the way, you don't have to call me earl2-my close friends just call me earl. :thup:

Phrost
02-15-2005, 10:28 PM
The media blows everything about T.O. so out of porportion it's not even funny anymore. T.O. is T.O., the media trys to make him look bad, and alot of people buy into their little gimmick.

I agree, I just think its funny how everyone thinks Favre is a god...dont get me wrong I like the guy but Favre cant do anything bad...a guy like T.O does some celebrating and everyone says he has a bad attitude.

There are much worse attitudes in the NFL then T.O, everyone just loves to hate em though...nothing can change that I guess

Opus
02-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Since when is Favre not god? :confused:

Edmonton Fan
02-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Since when is Favre not god? :confused:

Since he lost to Minnesota in the wildcard playoff game.

Opus
02-16-2005, 10:50 AM
bah, that was just showing divine grace and compassion to the poor and wretched.....:D

Edmonton Fan
02-16-2005, 10:55 AM
bah, that was just showing divine grace and compassion to the poor and wretched.....:D

Ok, if you say so. :) :lol: