PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe Cut

Germany25
02-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Bledsoe cut today from Buffalo.

Rumour mill says going to Dallas....or maybe Saskatchewan, I hear the roughies are looking for some QB help now that Burris is as good as gone... :lol:

Opus
02-16-2005, 03:33 PM
who are they planning on going with?

Germany25
02-16-2005, 03:39 PM
the back up JP Losman will be the starter :eek:

lloyd
02-16-2005, 03:41 PM
the back up JP Losman will be the starter :eek:
1st round Draft pick last year, however was injured the whole season.

Germany25
02-16-2005, 03:43 PM
busted his leg in training camp or preseason or something....pretty risky move IMO.

lloyd
02-16-2005, 03:45 PM
busted his leg in training camp or preseason or something....pretty risky move IMO.
At Bledsoe's age he has a very limited upside, and sure isnt gonna get any better.

Opus
02-16-2005, 03:53 PM
At Bledsoe's age he has a very limited upside, and sure isnt gonna get any better.true, but had a tremendous last half of the season where he was arguably the hottest Qb in the league......wait a second......does this sound familiar.....:confused: :eek: :D :lol:

Germany25
02-16-2005, 03:57 PM
At Bledsoe's age he has a very limited upside, and sure isnt gonna get any better.

So what? what upside do you need to go one more year and give JP a year in a back up role? it is not like they need to resign him or something and he wants more money, plenty of time under his current contract. JP could end up just as how many other first round QB's who completely suck. I would have stuck with Drew for one more year until I was convinced.

Bills could end up being a one man show.....at running back. Ask Corey Dillon how that works...

lloyd
02-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Bills could end up being a one man show.....at running back. Ask Corey Dillon how that works...

or it could be the best move they made in a long time... ask the Steelers how that works!

Opus
02-16-2005, 04:06 PM
or it could be the best move they made in a long time... ask the Steelers how that works!not following ya there Lloyd.....they still have Maddux there......he just was relegated to #2 status when Burgie got the nod...

Germany25
02-16-2005, 04:13 PM
and still a pretty good gamble was made in Pitt. Although Buff D is good, I don't think it is steeler good. the berger also didn't exactly light it up, the team around him was superb. And Pitt didn't walk intot he season saying this guys going to be our starter. He got in played well, won games, and hung on to it. completely different situation

Drew said he wouldn't take a back up role...but I think they could have found plenty of playing time for Losman as the season progressed to at least get a look at him.

Also big difference between Drew (I know he has had a couple bad years, but he had some good years too with the right players around him) and insurance salesman Maddox.

lloyd
02-16-2005, 05:01 PM
not following ya there Lloyd.....they still have Maddux there......he just was relegated to #2 status when Burgie got the nod...

Im just saying how this young guy the Bills have could end up to be another Big Ben, but he also could be a Ryan Leaf....

Esks4ever
02-16-2005, 05:04 PM
who are they planning on going with?

perhaps Garcia be heading there ?

lloyd
02-16-2005, 05:08 PM
perhaps Garcia be heading there ?

in wonder... but why would they get rid of one ageing vet, and sign another... I think this was a move to go younger and look more towards the future... but it is always a possibility.

Sandy - Edmonton
02-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Terrible move. Count out the Bills next year

Chucker44
02-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Bledsoe has the same infliction that has plagued Marino and Peyton.

Great numbers, many Pro Bowl selections, great hype - no rings

well I guess Brady did give Drew one ring

Germany25
02-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Bledsoe has the same infliction that has plagued Marino and Peyton.

Great numbers, many Pro Bowl selections, great hype - no rings

well I guess Brady did give Drew one ring

but would they have got there without him?