PDA

View Full Version : Montreal, Edmonton, Saskatchewan, and Winnipeg going for Marcus

Edmonton Fan
02-18-2005, 03:09 PM
The Montreal Alouettes are trying to trying to find some insurance for quarterback Anthony Calvillo.

Marcus Crandell made a trip to Montreal and the Alouettes are hoping he signs a contract before returning home.

''I'll come, talk, get comfortable and get a feel how things are run. That'll help for when I make my decision,'' Crandell told The Gazette in Montreal yesterday afternoon.

Crandell, the former starting quarterback in Calgary, lost his job to Khari Jones last year and is looking for a new home after the Stampeders said they would not offer his a contract.

''I've followed him quite a bit,'' Alouettes general manager Jim Popp told The Gazette. ''I know he's a very good leader and a well-liked guy. He's passionate about the game. He's smart and has had some success, but wasn't always in the best system.''

The Alouettes will have some competition for Crandell's services. Edmonton, Winnipeg and Saskatchewan are also courting the pivot.

Esks4ever
02-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Even if the Al's get him.. and Ac goes down they are still are dramaticly less potent with MC at the helm...

GeeBrr
02-18-2005, 03:14 PM
I totally agree.

56Parkies
02-18-2005, 03:15 PM
'Specially with Copeland gone.. a real shame that Cahoon never caught on for the coaching job down at BYU.. :D

Edmonton Fan
02-18-2005, 03:23 PM
But atleast they would have a proven second stringer in their backfield, it's better then what they had last year in the Eastern final after Anthony Calvillo went down with his injury.

Green Blood
02-18-2005, 03:32 PM
But atleast they would have a proven second stringer in their backfield, it's better then what they had last year in the Eastern final after Anthony Calvillo went down with his injury.

Hey! Ted White could start on any O Line in ths league ... :eek: :eek:

Opus
02-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Hey! Ted White could start on any O Line in ths league ... :eek: :eek:only Qb in the league that makes Khari look anorexic :lol:

lloyd
02-18-2005, 03:45 PM
haha hes Gargantuan (its so rare you get to use that in a sentence)!

Green Blood
02-18-2005, 05:14 PM
only Qb in the league that makes Khari look anorexic :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Chubby Bunny. That just suits King Khari (Chris Wably's nickname for him) for some odd reason ... :thup:

Danny Mac might be the only other that could be in the running.

esks4life
02-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Anthony Cavillo seems to be putting on the pounds as well.

GeeBrr
02-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Anthony Cavillo seems to be putting on the pounds as well.
Naw thats not his ass, its just his wallet in his back pocket ;)

eskimoses
02-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Ted White is a great passer... except for the buffet!!

Esks4ever
02-18-2005, 09:31 PM
only Qb in the league that makes Khari look anorexic :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kamau Fan
02-19-2005, 12:35 PM
If the Bombers landed Crandell, I would be pissed off. Good thing he is almost a lock to end up in Montreal. :)

Beerfish
02-19-2005, 01:18 PM
A 4 team scramble for Crandell? He's a crappy QB overall who is terribly inconsistent. I really really really hope we do not pick him up and I really really really hope he does not get overpaid by one of these teams.

Edmonton Fan
02-19-2005, 02:17 PM
I think Montreal ends up signing him.