PDA

View Full Version : NBA skills competition

Evil Dr. Len
02-20-2005, 08:21 AM
I caught bits and pieces of it last night and man alive were there some great freakin moments...

Captain Canuck Steve Nash winning their version of an obstacle course...

Q. Richardson making 9 out of his 10 3-point balls to win the 3 point competition...even better was seeing his girlfriend Brandi jumping up and down celebrating the win.

And the dunks...freakin WOW...the Atlanta Smith jumping over Kenyon Martion who was sitting in a chair and then slamming it home OR the Amere Stoudamire off the backboard, off Steve Nash's Head, 360 in the air slam dunk :eek:

Not that big of a basketball fan but the skills competition was very enjoyable to watch.

Edmonton Fan
02-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Saw the highlights, looked like pretty good stuff.

esks4life
02-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Pretty amzing stuff those guys can do. It was more entertaining then I thought it would be.

Esks4ever
02-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Yawn....

gizmo fan 2
02-20-2005, 03:41 PM
That was awesome :thup:...I thoroughly enjoyed the PHX dominance, especially Nash's assist to Amare in the dunk contest :thup:.

Shawn Marion, Diana Taurasi, and Dan Majerle also won the Shooting Stars contest for PHX (the team has to collectively make six shots: a layup, the elbow of the key, a 3 from the top of the key, a shot from the baseline at the 3 line, a shot from the sideline, and a half-court shot)...they only missed on the 3rd shot (once) and took about 9 attempts to get the half-court shot :thup:...did it in 28 seconds, next closest team was 44 seconds :thup:.

Josh Smith deserved to win the dunk contest though :thup:...Amare had the one awesome one, but Smith had the one over Martin and a few more good ones.

Go Suns! :thup:

Edmonton Fan
02-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Yawn....

Should've taken a look at it, you may have enjoyed it.