PDA

View Full Version : Lions to sign Miles...Sanchez?

Angelus
02-22-2005, 11:29 PM
According to the TEAM1040 in BC (which seems to be a pretty reliable source), the Lions are going to sign Barron Miles and may be on the verge of signing Sanchez as well.

That may be good news for some who don't want Sanchez coming here (*ahem* Diesel, Jed *ahem*), but I think that would sure make the Lions the early Grey Cup favorite.

Sandy - Edmonton
02-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Barron Miles automatically improves their secondary.

For our sake, I hope we sign Sanchez. Not only will WE be better, we'll prevent another team from getting better.

Evil Dr. Len
02-23-2005, 06:33 AM
Barron Miles automatically improves their secondary.

For our sake, I hope we sign Sanchez. Not only will WE be better, we'll prevent another team from getting better.

you bring up good points but the fact Sanchez's ego precedes him into a room makes me iffy on the idea of signing him...can you imagine that locker room in BC if they go on an extended losing streak with Dickenson & Printers, Carl Kidd & possibly Sanchez...pretty scary if you ask me.

Edmonton Fan
02-23-2005, 06:39 AM
Sanchez can change his attitude with a new team, a new coach, and new personell. He is the best shut-down corner in the league, and if BC signs him along with Miles, any team is going to have trouble throwing against BC's defence. It's obvious that they're trying to stock up for another Grey Cup run, Edmonton signing Sanchez would be a huge speedbump in the road for BC.

Evil Dr. Len
02-23-2005, 06:45 AM
Sanchez can change his attitude with a new team, a new coach, and new personell.

Ronald Williams, Andre Rison, Eric Lindros and so many other people who were given that same tagline "change his attitude with a new team, a new coach, and new personell."

I don't see Sanchez fairing much better than any of the above listed or other players I can't think of this early in the morning.

I'm not knocking his talent, I'm simply stating that he'll stick out like a sore thumb way sooner than later.

Edmonton Fan
02-23-2005, 06:56 AM
I think he'll end up signing here anyway. He has already stated he would like to play on the same team as his buddies, Wiltshire, and Flieszer.

Esks4ever
02-23-2005, 07:19 AM
After whats transpired this off season with reports of people signing one place only to really sign somewheres else re: hervey... I won't put any stock into some reports till the official annoucement...

I haven't seen any official annoucement of Whiltshire signing here, or that FB yesterday , or even Ritchie in BC...I'll take the wait and see approach :)

Opus
02-23-2005, 08:29 AM
I'll cross Ritchie off the list, since it seems we have a very reliable source here, but the others i'll take the wait and see approach

Germany25
02-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Sanchez can change his attitude with a new team, a new coach, and new personell. He is the best shut-down corner in the league, and if BC signs him along with Miles, any team is going to have trouble throwing against BC's defence. It's obvious that they're trying to stock up for another Grey Cup run, Edmonton signing Sanchez would be a huge speedbump in the road for BC.

Although I don't think it would be a terrible signing, I disagree that he is the best CB in the league. I like the corners we have, but I guess I kind of question Crutchfields heart a little bit with this ring fiasco....if Crutch is gone for some reason we don't know about, I think we do need a CB and Sanchez fits the bill, but I do not think he is as dominant as his ol Stamps contract would make one think...

esks4life
02-23-2005, 09:46 AM
If the Esks sign Sanchez for what hes asking the crap is going to hit the roof with regards to free spending. Already I have heard people say Edmonton is buying a Grey Cup contender.

Tojo
02-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Geez, does Montreal have anyone left in their secondary from last season? I think Durden is back....but they've lost quite a few.

esks4life
02-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Geez, does Montreal have anyone left in their secondary from last season? I think Durden is back....but they've lost quite a few.
They are probably out of money after signing Cavillo to that huge contract that no one ever talks about and was somehow swept under the rug.

GeeBrr
02-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Kidd and Sanchez are some legitimate terminal cancer if things are not going well, should be interesting to see how the season plays out. Thelwell is a bit of a whiner as well.

Esk Reporter
02-23-2005, 10:13 AM
He is the best shut-down corner in the league, and if BC signs him along with Miles, any team is going to have trouble throwing against BC's defence.

I think that the entire secondary of the Alouette's is over rated!! When you only have to cover a receiver for about three seconds, it is not hard to shut down the oppositions offense. If you notice the games where the Al's lost, you will see very few sacks and a defense that gives up a ton of yards. In the final three losses of last (regular) season the Al's only had four sacks and gave up over 1300 yards...

Angelus
02-23-2005, 10:35 AM
The reason I wouldn't mind us pursuing Sanchez, is that we may have problems on the corner. We all know how old Frank is, and with Crutch trying to sell his ring...I don't know. Could be interesting...

lloyd
02-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Kidd and Sanchez are some legitimate terminal cancer if things are not going well, should be interesting to see how the season plays out. Thelwell is a bit of a whiner as well.
Now thats a scrap i would love to watch!

gizmo fan 2
02-23-2005, 04:10 PM
The reason I wouldn't mind us pursuing Sanchez, is that we may have problems on the corner. We all know how old Frank is, and with Crutch trying to sell his ring...I don't know. Could be interesting...

I don't disagree with the fact that we could probably use another corner...but not at 200k (reportedly his asking price). That's just stupid.

Edmonton Fan
02-23-2005, 04:50 PM
I still stick by my opinion. Sanchez would be a huge signing.

Esks4ever
02-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Well they signed Miles...

Edmonton Fan
02-23-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't think they will go after Sanchez now.

Kamau Fan
02-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Dirty Sanchez is a great player...but who knows. At first I hoped the Blue would make a pitch for him, and I still think he'd be nice to have, but as many of you had pointed out...he isn't as good as he thinks he is (ie. dollar figures). Although if you guys want Sanchez and want to pass Crutch off to us, we'd welcome him in open arms. ;)

eskiez
02-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Well did BC mention anything about Sanchez when announcing Miles would be a lion?

I wanna see what Marsh can do in our secondary this year last year he looked unpolished but promising.

Esks4ever
02-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Well did BC mention anything about Sanchez when announcing Miles would be a lion?

I wanna see what Marsh can do in our secondary this year last year he looked unpolished but promising.

nothing was mentioned about Sanchez in the article about Miles signing in BC...